Games needing sequels! - but we know they'll never come.

Crumpster

Mar 6, 2011
So, the point is to list a game that you wish had more sequels. Tell us why you want a sequel/more sequels and explain why you know, they aren't coming!

I wish they made another Heroes of Might and Magic, it clearly needs a number six! It has always been my favourite turn-based strategy game, although number four was utter bullcrap, number three and five were golden.
The real problem with making a sequel is, that 3DO (the developer of the HOMAM-series) kinda shut down because of bankruptcy. I guess they died when number four was really, REALLY bad, plus some other game that didn't sell.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
I want a Guilty Gear 3. That remains the best fighting series I've ever played. I heard Arc Systems lost the rights to it, so no more GG for me. Sigh....

LandoCristo

Apr 2, 2010
I wish LucasArts had wanted to milk the Republic Commando cow another time. That was my favorite FPS for a long time, the online is still "kinda" active, and I wish they had at least made a map pack or something for it. But they didn't.

But, somehow I feel that making a sequel isn't always a good thing, and turning a hit into a franchise doesn't always work.

adrian_exec

Apr 5, 2009
Crumpster said:
I wish they made another Heroes of Might and Magic, it clearly needs a number six!
Heroes of Might and Magic VI is due to release this year, so yeah... I don't know what else to say other then how come you did not know a sequel is on it's way when you say you're such a big fan of the franchise, like myself.

Oh and that reminds me .. a game that needs a sequel but will probably never come? Half-Life 2: Episode Three comes to mind.

brumley53

Oct 19, 2009
XII, great FPS game, great storyline, great Cell Shaded badassness and one great big cliffhanger that will never be finished because it sold like shit.

Crumpster

Mar 6, 2011
adrian_exec said:
Heroes of Might and Magic VI is due to release this year, so yeah... I don't know what else to say other then how come you did not know a sequel is on it's way when you say you're such a big fan of the franchise, like myself.

Oh and that reminds me .. a game that needs a sequel but will probably never come? Half-Life 2: Episode Three comes to mind.
But as far as I know, number six is made by Ubisoft, which doesn't make it a proper sequel in my opinion. It isn't even made in collaboration with New World Computing anymore! I'll only consider this a sequel if it retains the same feel as the rest of the series.
It's like getting J.R.R. Tolkien to write Harry Potter 8, where's the sense in that?

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
-Alpha Protocol-might get a sequel but sales were low so its anyone's guess
-Too Human-again sales caused number 2 and 3 in the trilogy to be put on hold indefinately
-Tenchu 3-(Tenchu Z was fun but where is my rikimaru?)

MrDumpkins

Sep 20, 2010
Jet Force Gemini 2

Star Fox Adventures 2

Zeno Clash 2

A banjo kazooie game akin to the first 2

Tales of Vesperia 2

Another Stuntman game

Shadow of the Colossus 2

Crimson Skies 2

Robotech: Battlecry 2

Conkers Bad Fur day 2

Quake 5

Roller Coaster Tycoon 4

Dark Messiah of might and magic 2

Shaq fu 2, shaq is baq

Bender Rodriguez

Sep 2, 2010
A proper Banjo Kazooie/Tooie sequel.

But it will never happen, there are virtually NO people currently working at Rare who didn't start after Microsoft bought them.
I fucking hate you Microsoft, i hate your greedy ways, your shitty OS and i fucking hate Mr.Ballmer.
Bald coked up douche.

Sure there might be another BK game, but it won't be Banjo Kazooie as we know him.

(Sorry for the profanity here, but nobody likes seeing their childhood stripped of dignity)

adrian_exec

Apr 5, 2009
Crumpster said:
But as far as I know, number six is made by Ubisoft, which doesn't make it a proper sequel in my opinion.
Well Heroes of Might and Magic 5 was also made by Ubisoft, so it's definitely a sequel. The last game that New World Computing made was Heroes 4, they went bankrupt shortly after and sold the right to make Heroes games to Ubisoft.

Crumpster said:
Heroes of Might and Magic number four was utter bullcrap, number three and five were golden.
Anyway, I agree with you that Heroes of Might and Magic 2, 3 and 5 were solid GOLD, while 4 was kinda bad. I think Ubisoft did a good job with the fifth game, not that good with the expansion but overall did a great job and I have faith they will do even better with the upcoming sequel now when they got some experience on how to make Heroes games.

DeeWiz

Aug 25, 2010
Wilson Driesens said:
I wish LucasArts had wanted to milk the Republic Commando cow another time. That was my favorite FPS for a long time, the online is still "kinda" active, and I wish they had at least made a map pack or something for it. But they didn't.

But, somehow I feel that making a sequel isn't always a good thing, and turning a hit into a franchise doesn't always work.
This and the other game that was both awesome and left on a cliffhanger System Shock 2. If I could get these I would be the very happiest person around.

Liham

Apr 17, 2009
Battle front 3.
1 was great and 2 was pure gold and 3 was in the works, but then it stopped for some reason. sad.

ColeusRattus

Apr 16, 2009
Sequels I'd like to see:

Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri 2
Crusader: No Remorse 3
Wing Commander 7
Wing Commander Privateer 2 (the Darkening doesn't count)