Games no one else has played but you

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
So this is the thread where you post games that are so obscure you feel as though you're the only one that has played them. Obviously no you're not the only one that has played this game because you're never the only one [footnote]If I don't point this out someone will inevitability lecture me on this fact.[/footnote] but we're not being literal. Just post a game you feel no one else has really heard of and hope to be proven wrong or whatever.

Mine is Descent:

It's this fun little game that had the brilliant idea of putting you in a spaceship with the ability to fly around, and then it has you navigate extremely cramped corridors for the whole game. Still I remember having a lot of fun with it because I played it with a joystick. Plus it has some fun weapons.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
I don't really hear people talking about the Summon Night: Swordcraft story series.

Then again it was released on the GBA.

Skin

Dec 28, 2011
I've played Descent. I never had a joystick though and I remember it being so brutally difficult I gave up on it at some point.

For my pick I am going to go with Hyperblade.

I only ever had the demo, but I played this game so damn much it isn't funny. There are quite a few more obscure PC shovelware games that I played that I am almost certain no one remembers, but I myself can't even remember their names.

Randoman01

Apr 19, 2013
I would have to say X3 Terran Conflict. I think that only me and a few other people on another board have played this game. Here is the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj104RgxDmo

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
I have yet to meet someone who played or even knows of Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA and Vandal Hearts.

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
This is game is bloody amazing and should set an industry standard for a new wave of Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale type games. Sadly, nobody besides me seems to know that it exists and the people who have bought it complain because they thought it would be like Diablo III. Morons.

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
Boo8er said:
I would have to say X3 Terran Conflict. I think that only me and a few other people on another board have played this game. Here is the trailer:
I own X3:TC. It's okay. Just wish the dev hadn't completely dropped the ball with X-Rebirth.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
grimner said:
sanquin said:
I have yet to meet someone who played or even knows of Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA and Vandal Hearts.
I played Vandal Hearts 2. Does that count?
Kinda I guess. :p As that means you at least know about Vandal Hearts 1.

Stg

Jul 19, 2011
sanquin said:
http://imgur.com/r65VaMV

Oh yes, I've heard of Vandal Hearts.

Inglorious891

Dec 17, 2011
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death.

It's God of War in the modern day with a black guy as the main character.

And it's awesome.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Decent was awsome back when the playstation came out.

So was summoner and summoner 2.

Anyone remember Street fighter : the movie: the game? No ? Count yourself lucky.
What about : chaos legion? It was a dmc clone on the Playstation 2.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Well it feels like it anyway. Here it goes.

Monkey Hero

Tai Fu: Wrath of the Tiger

Death Trap Dungeon (uuuugh)

Soul of the Samurai

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
Conqueror

Atari ST.

2nd world war tank "simulation".
In that it had armour, armour penetration, facing and track damage, but was third person and very loose on the reality beyond those afore mentioned points.

I was young when I played this.
Me and a friend ended up splitting control.
One on the turret, one on the driving, both switching occasionally.
What's more, for some reason me and my friend could not save the game.
We spent over 14 hours in one sitting huddled around our respective ends of the keyboard seeing how long we could play.

Stupidly good fun for such a simplistic game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tP9t31MGcU

I can still picture it.
Moments like him screaming "oh shit, KING TIGER, KING TIGER!" and the panicked scrabbling that flared from running into one of them, both of us haranguing the other for not doing their job right.

Good times.

Malpraxis

Trust me, I'm a Doctor.
Jul 30, 2013
The Suffering.

Granted, not as obscure, but it's a freaking awesome game and it gets a lot less love than it deserves.

Autumnflame

Sep 18, 2008
I LOVED DESCENT

My contribution is Survival the ultimate challenge.

you are part of a group stranded. you must find food water, build shelter make tools hone your skills and survive and escape.

an older 2000's title but still one of my favourites

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
King of Dragon Pass! It's available on GoG but I still have the box and original CD somewhere.

Still have a hardon for this game.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I would say a couple of Visual Novels like my all time favourite Grisaia no Kaijitsu or Tsukihime but I've already had discussions about them with people here... Comyu? Have people gotten around to playing through Comyu yet? I'll go Comyu, a battle based VN that likes to wax philosophical (don't they all though?) and waves death and dark themes around and is practically screaming "we're not a friendship based story, no really" (you're fooling nobody) but oddly enough turns it around into a happy ending in every route. Aside from maybe Saejima and even her depressing as fuck character gets a bright side in the True Ending.

This is a positive thing in my view but some others disagree because apparently dark material isn't allowed to progress into a happier ending, don't ask me why.

It manages to have all the qualities of the generally well made VN checklist. Animation/art, music, characters etc etc are all good so it's worth a try even if battles ain't your thing. The battles are really well done too which is interesting, if missing choices. If this was made by the same people who did Tsukihime and Fate Stay Night there would have been like 20 more Bad Ends just for fun.

I know some people will get frustrated with how the game gates its routes in order (Benio, Saejima, Mayuki/Ayaya, Kagome to be exact) because, let's be honest, why wouldn't people immediately flock to Kagome and forget everyone else? But her route which opens last and serves as the True Ending does live up to the hype so stick with it.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
LobsterFeng said:
So this is the thread where you post games that are so obscure you feel as though you're the only one that has played them. Obviously no you're not the only one that has played this game because you're never the only one [footnote]If I don't point this out someone will inevitability lecture me on this fact.[/footnote] but we're not being literal. Just post a game you feel no one else has really heard of and hope to be proven wrong or whatever.

Mine is Descent:

It's this fun little game that had the brilliant idea of putting you in a spaceship with the ability to fly around, and then it has you navigate extremely cramped corridors for the whole game. Still I remember having a lot of fun with it because I played it with a joystick. Plus it has some fun weapons.
I played Descent years ago. Couldn't play it for very long without getting simulation sickness though.