Games of E3 2012

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
Are the persona 4 golden screens supposed to be for a fighter? o.0

I mean, totally hyped either way...if I had a vita. Alas. New opening seems kinda weird though.

Also, I am very sold on combining bioshock and elder scrolls in dishonored.

Mild_en_Snakz

Apr 5, 2011
I'm starting to wonder if the Escapist has a beef with Watch Dogs since I haven't seen anything about it on here.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
I was waiting for this. Too busy to keep up with events as they unfolded, too not liking G4 to watch it live.

CJ

Dec 27, 2011
Mild_en_Snakz said:
I'm starting to wonder if the Escapist has a beef with Watch Dogs since I haven't seen anything about it on here.
I was thinking the same thing! That was one of the biggest games shown, and the Escapist only mentioned it once in the Ubisoft conference review.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I was wondering about Watch Dogs as well. It was one of the most interesting things I saw this year and I didn't really see anything on the escapist.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
That "new theme music" for Persona 4: The Golden reaaaaally scares me, I freaking LOVE the main battle theme to that game, and I'll be damned if they change it. I know theme is probably different from battle theme, but the fear is there!

Edit: You guys made an oops, the screens for the P4G article are from the Persona fighting game, not P4G

oliver.begg

Oct 7, 2010
looks at the big titles, looks at how many are sequals, wonders how long until only indies do new IP

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Kwil said:
Apparently your editor isn't yet back on the job, or she'd know that "every" has a specific meaning, and that the games you cover don't meet it.

As mentioned, Watch Dogs is missing, also, Natural Selection 2, a game which just happened to win "Best Indie Game of E3" by gamespy, and you guys don't even mention that it was at the show.

Every? More like "every game we wanted to cover, who cares about you guys.."
"The Escapist's essential guide to all the games we saw at E3 2012."

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
Greg Tito said:
Kwil said:
Apparently your editor isn't yet back on the job, or she'd know that "every" has a specific meaning, and that the games you cover don't meet it.

As mentioned, Watch Dogs is missing, also, Natural Selection 2, a game which just happened to win "Best Indie Game of E3" by gamespy, and you guys don't even mention that it was at the show.

Every? More like "every game we wanted to cover, who cares about you guys.."
"The Escapist's essential guide to all the games we saw at E3 2012."
I get it, Watch Dogs was so awesome you guys went blind, completely understandable.

kitsuta

<Clever Title Here>
Jan 10, 2011
...hm.

Oh no, The Escapist's team of four people only got hands-on (or demo-watching) experience with 54 games during a three-day conference with thousands of other people vying for the same playtime! How dare they!

Oh wait, actually it's 57, there seem to be a few currently missing from the master list.

Look guys, I'd have loved to see a preview of Watch Dogs too. It looks pretty interesting! But the fact that none of the team got to play it doesn't mean they have a "beef" with it or its developers. If you really think the people who work here are that unprofessional, why exactly are you reading this site?

This list is a list of games the staff actually, physically saw for themselves while at the conference. I, for one, don't want them regurgitating this kind of content from other websites for the sake of completeness - what's the point of a second-hand preview? It's a waste of their and my time and it's just kinda silly.

ECasThat said:
Not a lot of love for planetside 2?
That preview is up here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/9729-E3-Preview-PlanetSide-2]. I'm sure it'll get added to this list later.

ECasThat

Nov 14, 2009
kitsuta said:
ECasThat said:
Not a lot of love for planetside 2?
That preview is up here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/9729-E3-Preview-PlanetSide-2]. I'm sure it'll get added to this list later.
Oh thank you :) didn't see that

Murmillos

Silly Deerthing
Feb 13, 2011
Obviously somebody has had way too much coffee.. yikes.

Omg, the title is slightly misleading... lets throw a hissy fit.. damn gamers.