Games That Absolutely Need a Sequel

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
the stuntman driving games and the movies game Lionhead made.

i also want to say the saboteur but i know that any sequel that one can put out will just be dumb and boring since they used up all the plot in the first one

Bonecrusher

Nov 20, 2009
Dungen Keeper 3, there was even a trailer, bring back Bullfrog.
Full Throttle 2, it also had a trailer.
Freelancer 2
Freespace 3
Omikron Nomad Soul 2
Deus Ex Human Revolution 2, with Adam and his charismatic voice.
Jedi Knight 3, Kyle Katarn for the President!
Max Payne 3, real Max Payne 3, not just a bloody spinoff.
Beneath A Steel Sky 2, it seems it will be done.
Oni 2, make it happen Bungie. It deserves a sequel more than Halo 6, and also I love that atmosphere.
a singleplayer game based on Unreal Tournament cyberpunk-ish level designs.
a sequel to Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines (a Hunter game perhaps?) with combined efforts of Troika and Obsidian staff.
Beyond Good And Evil 2, release it already.
Undying 2, similar concept in the same world with different character and with the same developers.
A new Planescape 2 game looking very much like Torment 1 atmosphere and developers but not a "Torment 2", and then a Dark Sun game with the same engine.
Mech Commander 3, the previous 2 game were awesome, I want to salvage more Mechs!
System Shock 3: Bioshock series was kinda good, but they sux compared to System Shock series, bring back original series.
Warhammer 40000: Space Marine 2, the story of the first game was very fun.
sequel to Stunts or Need For Speed 2, I want a racing game with supercars, not hard like a simulation, not wacky like action driving games.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
I'd love to see a sequel to Skies of Arcadia but that will probably never happen. I wouldn't mind seeing another army of two either.

debra_ beretta

Sep 8, 2010
Sweet baby Jesus, TIMESPLITTERS 4.

Also, I'm sure no-one else remembers this one, but I'd love to see another D/Generation game bought back from Amiga days. Wherefore art thou, Mindscape? I'm a sucker for cyberpunk. <3

Uriain

Apr 8, 2010
Z of the Na said:
Uriain - Killer Instinct
Er...that already exists: Killer Instinct 2 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Instinct_2].[/quote]

Sorry, I had meant more of just a new version. Putting a number beside a game is always a hit or miss kinda action.

portchd

Youtube Channel: Enz025
Nov 15, 2011
Someone has probably already mentioned this in this mammoth thread, but Star wars: republic Commando was an AWESOME Game that Desperately needs a sequel, hopefully disney can bankroll this now...

EDIT: so long as they can make a really good pc port, I never played the PC version of the first game, and every one said it was better!!!

Chappy0

Feb 22, 2008
As stated before, Mirror's Edge 2

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. I loved this game to death and it needs a sequel.

Gotcha Force. One of the most entertaining multiplayer experiences on the Gamecube IMO. A sequel or remake with current/next gen system power and online capabilities would be more than amazing.

Also, while technically not a sequel, another game in the Breath of Fire series would be great.

An actual ending to the Legacy of Kain series. (although I don't know who they'd get to replace Tony Jay.)

0ctopusPrime

Sep 19, 2012
Okay, I seriously thought I was one of 3 people who really liked Mirror's Edge. It's so cool to see that so many other people want a Mirror's Edge 2!

I think DICE said something about a Mirror's Edge 2 while back but EA shot them down. Last I heard, Mirror's Edge 2 was kind of an unofficial side project DICE was working on. I could be wrong though.

Also, I was reading the last few pages and some of the other posts jump-started my brain for games that deserve sequels:

Prince of Persia (The 2008 one) - I loved that game! The characters were kinda cliched but the ending was really good in my opinion.

Singularity - This game was AMAZING. The story was kinda meh and the TMD didn't get as much action as it should have but I loved this game when it came out! Definitely one of my favorite games!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Vivi_Orunitia said:
Gotcha Force. One of the most entertaining multiplayer experiences on the Gamecube IMO. A sequel or remake with current/next gen system power and online capabilities would be more than amazing.
Wow, someone else who knows about that game (one of my all time favourite game). I would love the sequel to have more borgs (since the game is abit like Pokemon per say) and better arenas.

Other than that I would like to see Metal Arms:Glitch in the system (the ending did leave room for a sequel) and Phantom Crash (that game would so make used of online multiplaer).

Lurklen

Feb 2, 2010
Eternal Darkness: sanity's Requiem from the gamecube, that game was so damn weird and awesome. The way it would trip out as your character went more and more insane, the way only half of the protagonists could actually fight and almost all of them either went crazy or died or both. It was great I want more.

I can't think of any more right now, maybe a new Prince of Persia with the originals fundementals but newer tech.

A new Thief would be cool.

Witcher 2 needs a sequel I need more of that series. and Halflife would be great.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Kingdoms of Amular - Enjoyable game, with some GREAT combat...too bad it's pretty much impossible to do.

ActRaiser - AR1/2 were GREAT games, a PSN/XBL game would be lovely.

Klonoa - Wii-remake was FANTASTIC, but I'd really love for a 3rd game either on console or handheld.

Gundam: Battle Assault - Not that shitty 3D game for the PS2, but the original games for the PS1. It's basically Street Fighter...with MECHA.

Star Wars: Dark Forces - While Battlefront was a GREAT multiplayer game, its story mode was shit. DF was a GREAT series.

Final Fantasy 6 - I'd love for a prequel to be made that goes on during the 'War of the Magi'.

Final Fantasy 8 - A prequel or even a game that's more 3D action would be cool.

E.V.O.: Search for Eden - 3DS/PSV, NOW!

Dec 3, 2011
With the WiiU and the Vita, a new sequel to Okami would be spectacular.

Oh and the Wii puzzle game "Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros's Treasure". A brilliant puzzle game that was sadly overlooked. HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL!!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
There are no games that absolutely NEED a sequel. There are several games where it'd be nice if they got one, but there are none that absolutely NEED one.
Ones where I'd like to see a sequel:
KoTOR. Damn it, so many unresolved plot threads.

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 would be sweet too bad it's probably never going to happen.
Half-Life 3 or e3 wrap it up valve stop making hats for tf2.
Mirror's Edge 2 first game was just so pretty and the music was great, too bad the gameplay was a bit broken.
Oni 2 I have such fond memories about the 1st one.
Spacemarine 2 he could get tainted by chaos and slowly turn into one, the story could have real depth if told properly.