Games That Absolutely Need a Sequel

0ctopusPrime

Sep 19, 2012
What games do you feel require a sequel?

In my opinion, we need a Mirror's Edge 2 and a Kirby Air Ride 2. I would buy a WiiU if it meant I could play Kirby Air Ride again.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
You've already said it, but Mirror's bloody Edge. But noooooo, instead EA make DICE work on Military Shooter X, that ends up being bent over a barrel by CoD anyway.

This point alone makes me side with the people who hate EA sometimes.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
There needs to be a new Half-Life game. Seriously, Valve, you left us on a cliffhanger five fucking years ago. I want to know what happens next.

A Psychonauts 2 really should happen. Not only is Psychonauts one of the best games ever, but Double Fine wants to do a sequel, and has plans for what they would do for a sequel. Somebody just needs to pay for it.

Also, a Just Cause 3 would be sweet. Especially if it had multiplayer. Yeah. (Yes, I do know about the Just Cause 2 multiplayer mod, and I have tried it out, and it is excellent, but there needs to be one designed from the ground up with multiplayer).

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
You've already said it, but Mirror's bloody Edge. But noooooo, instead EA make DICE work on Military Shooter X, that ends up being bent over a barrel by CoD anyway.

This point alone makes me side with the people who hate EA sometimes.
Came in to say the exact same thing.

Honorable mention for Dishonored. I know it's only new, but would love a sequel. Such an interesting world, want to know more about it.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
TimeSplitters 4 needed to happen because it's TimeSplitters and there's never enough of that, but it got canned, also BattleFront 3 would have been fantastic but that was being made by the same guys that were making TS4 and it also got canned, curses!

And I would love to see a continuation to Empire at War Forces of Corruptions, I wanted to see what happened next, seriously if there's a book or a comic about it someone tell me, though the game itself was just OK, it was good fun but the only strategy that I needed was doing raids with all of the heroes and it worked every single time.

Also for another thing space related that isn't Star Wars, FreeSpace 3, and I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain this, it just NEEDS to happen, but if I must, if Space Sims come back, why not start with the best of them?
But it has to be for PC, because as much fun as flying that ship was I only made it through the campaign by using squad tactics because I'm an awful shot, but man did I feel smart every time I finished a mission and no one died even though it said I only shot 1 ship down in the entire battle, and I'm serious I'm that awful a shot I normally only had 1 kill and I finished a lot of missions with 0, I'm pretty sure my highest kill count was 11, which if you have played that game and passed it you know it's pathetic.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Legend of dragoon .
Parasite eve needs a third game .
Dino crisis also needs a 4th game , even if it's a shooter i won't care .
Alpa protocol .
Alan wake .
Lost oddesey.
We also need a current gen/next fen growlansers game.
AND Final fantasy tactics . Not that bull shit easy mode GBA game.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Republic Commando, I want to know what happens to Sev, damn it!

And the BFME series needs a third installment.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
Oh, man...Mirror's Edge..So much potential just to shift gears to Shooty McShooter 21 :(

I'm not bitter -sob-

Also, Alan Wake and maybe a good sequel to the original Fable. The first one was just great.

Joel Muller

May 6, 2012
Everyone hated the Army of Two games, but I loved them (and despise Gears of War). The third one needs to be liberated from development hell. Because we cant have too many games that supports couch co-op, even in the internet age.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
I would list some like Timesplitters 4 and Freelancer but what good would it do at all?

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
The first 4 Tenchu games absolutely need a sequel that doesn't suck. Like the Wii game did. The only part of the plot of that game I can even remember is who dies at the end :C

I want the next Tenchu game to be what Dragon Quest 8 is to Dragon quest 1. I want it elevated to a whole

notha

level

Seriously I hope Acquire just gives the license back to From Software and they get a little of that Dark Souls into my ninja goodness. I think that they played it too safe when they had the license for Wrath of Heaven and Fatal Shadows. The originals had a great story though.

If I didn't like Rikimaru, Rin, Ayame, and Tesshu so much (and the rest of the cast) I'd say just make a new IP.

I know it sounds like I want something like Onimusha, but not really lol

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
kman123 said:
I'd say Spec Ops: The Line doesn't need a sequel, but a few 'military' shooters definitely needs to take a leaf out of it's book. Damn....that story.
I enjoy that people are actually praising this game. I bought it recently, haven't played it yet, I'm gonna do it as soon as I finish Sleeping Dogs (I'm nearing the end it seems... wonderful game by the way) :D

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Everything I want has already been mentioned.

Alan Wake,
Psychonauts,
Half Life fucking 3,
Mirrors Edge

QuartzQuadreant

Sep 14, 2012
JaceArveduin said:
Republic Commando, I want to know what happens to Sev, damn it!
This. A thousand times this. Many happy memories have I with that game. I also like the idea of an Evil Genius sequel, because that game was the shit.