Games that have aged incredibly well.

beniki

May 28, 2009
Canadish said:
I'll go for Wind Waker.

Those graphics are truly timeless. Also helps it was the best Zelda ever.

In my opinion ;)
I'm with you on that. Although I love Ocarina of Time as my first (never had a platform to play the earlier ones), nothing compared to getting on a boat and sailing out for adventure. And that soundtrack... god I love that sound track.

As for my choice. I'd have to say Eve Online. It's not hugely old, but it's one of the early MMOs. Free updates, constantly evolving economies, and even a huge graphical update. You could argue that it's like an ageing actress getting plastic surgery, but when the game plays this well after so long, I'm willing to forgive.

Not that I play Eve myself any more. I sold my soul to Guild Wars long ago.

Gincairn

Jan 14, 2010
Toejam and Earl on the genesis, still to this day one of my favorite titles and one that i still find very playable.

The first in the Blood Omen series as well.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Yassen said:
I'd say Oddworld Abe's Oddysee and Exodus. They're simple 2D platformers that have an amazing setting, incredible atmosphere and constantly has me on the edge of my seat even today. It's just so fun.
I agree with this and the Crash and Spyro games. Doesn't matter how many times you've played them they're still so much fun.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
VTM:Bloodlines. Aged incredibly well in graphics and control terms. I still love that game.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Whoracle said:
Pretty much the whole 2D library on the SNES, in particular Chrono Trigger, Secret of {Mana|Evermore}, Terranigma, Super Metroid and Super Castlevania IV.
You ninja'd almost every game I was going to mention.

ALMOST.

You forgot Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. (Though that was for the PS)

Also, I wanna play Secret of Evermore again! Someone make that downloadable for a current gen console god-dammit!!! *pout*

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Xcom (aka UFO) and Master of Orion (1 & 2) have aged very well... I still play MoO (thanks, GOG!) when I have a dull afternoon to kill.

-- Steve

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
Tallim said:
System Shock 2 looks surprisingly good. Better if you get the higher resolution upgrade patch that some fans made. (Deus Ex looks awful now)

Heroes 3 as the above poster said. You can get a resolution patch for that which makes it even more awesome, can see most of the large maps on one screen.

Descent 3 is pretty good also.
Descent 3 ha was just playing it after finding it on my hard drive after 8 years just love it classic game

Cenequus

Jan 31, 2011
Heroes of might and magic 2
Disciples 2
Diablo
Baldur's gate series
Icewind Dale series

A few games that actually aged very well and get no distraction neither from graphics or gameplay.

Whoracle

Jan 7, 2008
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
You forgot Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. (Though that was for the PS)
Never played that one. When the PSN gets back up, I'll have go get it for the PSP I think.

Also, I wanna play Secret of Evermore again! Someone make that downloadable for a current gen console god-dammit!!! *pout*
*cough*emulatorandrom*cough*

Or do it like me: I still got three SNESes at home, in case one bites it. Got the above mentioned games lying around and give 'em a whirl every once in a while. They're like 10€ (about 14 US-$ currently) in second hand stores around here, including the game guides.

Brownie101

Feb 10, 2009
I still play Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun. I even play it with friends LANing it sometimes. It's kept itself really well.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
Age of Empires 2: The Age of Kings and its expansion, The Conquerers.
I LAN this at least once every week or so.

Leftnt Sharpe

Nick Furry
Apr 2, 2009
Cai1911 said:
Baulder's Gate I&II
Icewind Dale I&II
Planescape Torment
This. The Infinity Engines games have aged very well, people are still making mods for them to this day!