Games that made you cry

Lord_Nemesis

Paragon Printer
Nov 28, 2010
Final Fantasy VII:

When that long white haired ************ sporting the long katana sword swoops down and stabs my poor wee Aries in the back.

I wept. Although wither from actual sadness or fustration from the fact I had just spent 20+ hours leveling the ***** up to have her kneel down and take a sword to the stomach I dont know... Stupid *****.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
I must admit a single manly tear was shed at the end of Halo Reach.

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Let me just put it this way:

Pressing R1 in the Evil ending of inFAMOUS 2 was the most difficult thing I EVER had to do in the game.

:(

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
The closest game nowadays that made me also cry was Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. The ending was extremely depressing.

videocrazy

Dec 17, 2009
I'd definitely have to go with Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. Just THINKING about the ending makes me tear up a bit.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Sober Thal said:
Lost Odyssey is the only game to make me cry.
This, every single time I got a dream sequence, also I really feel bad whenever I kill a Big Daddy, they trudge around looking for the only thing that matters to them, the little sisters, the one thing they live for, then in swoops me to take the sisters away, then the Big Daddy fights me, and it probably doesn't even know why, and of course I kill it, and I imagine that the last thing that goes through a Big Daddy's head before it dies is that it had failed the only task it was ever given.

C_Topher

May 17, 2009
At the end of Super Metroid when the (now giant) baby metroid sacrifices itself to save Samus from Mother Brain. Even without any actual dialog, it was easy to know what was being said:

Baby Metroid: Leave Mommy alone!
Samus: Run, baby! Run!
*Mother Brain attack BM.
BM: Mommy... (dies)
S: AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I'm tearing up a bit just thinking about it.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Aeris death. Yes, thats cliche. I don't care. Aeris was just so...sweet!

Besides that, there's a few 8 bit style indie art games that have done it. "Marriage" came close, until I realized that it was accidentally horribly, horribly sexist. "Passage" did it. "The Path" did a little.

Also, I teared up a little at Portal 2. Not because of the storyline or the characters. But because it was designed so perfectly, it inspired a sort of awe-inspired humility that I'm sure moves a mathematician pondering a beautiful and elegant theory, or Einstein as he came to understand relativity.

Gazzoid

May 27, 2011
I've never cried during an emotional scene in a video game. I've had watery eyes during the scene where Bruno sacrifices himself at the end of Broken Sword 3, but that's it.

let's rock

Jun 15, 2011
Half life 2: Epesode 2. Never play a game that

Has a girls dad die right at the end and the entire credits with he crying right after fixing a car and accidentaly inhaling a lot of paing fumes

Killertje

Dec 12, 2010
FF7 Aeris' death
Illusion of Gaia when the pig sacrifices itself to feed the cannibals
Mass effect 2 when you give the speech to the admiralty to leave Tali out of their BS.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
The good ending of Silent Hill: Shattered memories. Some parts of it hit a little too close too home..

Sarukin

Mar 16, 2009
I don't usually get emotional while playing a game but surprisingly I shedded a tear or two in Tsubaki's Bad ending in BlazBlue: CS.
She dies in her best friend's arms.
There was also the time when in Mass Effect 2 when Garrus on my game got killed in the Final mission cause I cocked up team selections, while I didn't 'Cry' per say I was very close to it.
Another time was not tears of sadness, but tears of HATE when I played Dark Sector, it sucked so much that after an hour of playing I took the disk out and decided to use it as a coaster for my coffee mug.

Also;
MercurySteam said:
OT: To this day, one of the most emotional scenes I've ever seen is when Dom finds Maria in Gears of War 2:
I shed tears here to mate, not of sadness but of laughter.
It was SO obvious she was dead or going to die at the begining it wasn't funny and Dom's constant whining made me want to slap him stupid.
Also he was constantly suppose to be made out as a badass of a meathead yet he was like "Awww, Dom sad now", which all in any drama in this scene was killed 10 minutes later when in combat he yells out "FUCK YEAH! SWEET! GET SOME!" etc etc.
I pretty much cry of laughter whenever I play Gears because EPIC never could get emotions down, take that other retarded meathead Marcus Fenix who is set out to be a brooding anti-hero but always seem to act like hes at Spring break when in combat, Wooting like an idiot before the battle ends saying shit like "It never ends, grrrr"

Atleast Ben Carmine the stays consistant through out the game until his easily seen death, shame, I liked him.