Games that made you cry

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Infamous 2 almost did. "Almost". Persona 4 on the other hand, the ending was sad but nothing compared to "that" scene. You know what I'm talking about.

an874

Jul 17, 2009
JokerCrowe said:
People. If you don't know how to do spoiler boxes, quote someone who has done one and see how they did it. If you're afraid of what the boxes might contain, just quote me. It's not that difficult, and you won't get so much hate. I suggest you learn the BBCode immediately.
That was easy wasn't it?
Thanks for the help. I've been wondering how you do this. The closest I eve came was in Mass Effect 1 during an assignment titled "I Remember Me," when you're trying to persuade a troubled girl not to kill herself.

Feb 28, 2008
Metal Gear Solid when ...
...Gray Fox is killed by Metal Gear Rex after just admitting that he was the one who killed Naomi's parents, even though he raised her and pretended to be her brother just to absolve some of his guilt.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
None really, I never feel myself get that immersed in a game

But probably closest was Red Dead Redemption, but I was too busy being impressed at the time with all the "Do I know you?" stranger bits tying into it

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
Funnily enough Total War : Medieval 2 had me in tears at one point.. a game with little to no scripted elements managed to make me cry.. Facing a mongol hoard of over 4000 men with only 500 of my best knights, archers and lances and (played as England by the way) my valient king of the English Empire.

His opening speech was quite dramatic and basically reinforced the fact that this battle (fought over the previously Danish fortress of Settin) was going to be a deciding factor in the survival of the English Empire in Eastern Europe. The battle commenced and the walls were taken relativly quickly, the men fought for each last step towards the central plaza and almost all died in defence of the realm, my king then preceded to charge the entire mongol hoard on his own when they entered the square.. he died instantly..

His death was the most glorious thing I have seen on that game.. *sniffles*

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Every time a thread like this pops up I still post one thing. The end of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. It is pretty damn depressing. It is the only game that made me tear up.

MidnightSt

Sep 9, 2011
Braid (it's ending)
since the "rewind" part of last level (the one with the princess), which completely changes meaning of what was happening, i've got my jaw dropped and eyes wide open, through all the final "epilogue" levels, and when i got to the final castle, and read the book there, i just broke down and cried like a child.

Planescape: Torment
scene with the sensoric stone with Nameless One's pragmatic incarnation talking to Deionarra. ABSOLUTELY FABULOUSLY written, absolutely amazing, and painful situation, seeing, *feeling* the moment from three sides, i think i started crying in about the first third of the scene, and kept crying all the time until the memory ended, and burst into crying again as Nameless One fell out of memory and started crying too, and then Fall-from-Grace came... Probably the strongest moment i've ever experienced in any videogame in my whole life. Just remembering it sends shivers down my spine and makes my eyes feel... strange.

GlenTheFox

Feb 2, 2010
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team. My Pikachu and Squirtle were together through it all...Just couldn't let it go.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
The first time I did the helicopter crash, I wasn't fast enough in taking everyone down. Malik died, and though people on the end of my mic were telling me to just reload, I didn't. I cried a little but felt it would do the game justice to continue.

BurnedPizza429

Mar 18, 2010
Half-Life 2 Episode 2, Portal 2 because I didn't want the story to end and Cod W@W mainly because it was super epic.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
Age of Empires 2.

WHY WONT YOU WORK ON WINDOWS 7! WHY.. WHY! *Sniffels then bursts out crying* Noooooooooooooo!!!

And so, all we can do is remembering what a great game it was. For I cannot play it again.

Aug 20, 2011
SPOILERS FOR DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION

ParanoidEngineer said:
Ubermetalhed said:
ParanoidEngineer said:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Spoilers below! (I'm saying this because I don't know how do use the "click here to view spoiler")

Okay Malik, hold on, I've almost got you out of there.
What? No, stop coughing, it'll be fine!
NO, GODDAMNIT NO!
*weeps*
I hoped you blamed yourself! You could have saved her if you were good enough!

OT: As alot of people have said Final Fantasy X. I got way too attached to the characters.

I did feel really bad for Snake in MGS4 but no tears there.

Also I have teared up a little from the awesomeness of some games. The ending sections of MGS4 and Okami were just epic.

Well, on Give me Deus Ex difficulty, when I'd just poured most of my ammo into thugs, augments and terroists, no grenades, mainly geared for stealth in combat with robots and snipers, and a whole load of thugs. Can't blame me for sucking, killed the last guy literally as he fired the final shot. Still sad though :/
Wait, really? You can save her? I tried but then it seemed like the chopper just blew up randomly, so I figured shit was scripted and gave up.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
The first thing I ever teared up at was FFX, the very end of it. Aside from that, FFIX at a few parts late on into it. The very end if Crisis Core - I was amazed, I KNEW it was going to happen. They just did that so well! And 358/2 Days was emotional at the end! I really felt for Roxas. Sora never had to go through something like that! 0.0

(FFX)Yuna: All the friends that we've lost... and the dreams that have faded... never forget them.
Me: :'O COME BACK TIDUS!

Jaso11111

Sep 22, 2010
TheScientificIssole said:
Jaso11111 said:
TheScientificIssole said:
Y NO U SEARCHBAR?
OT: Same answer as the last few times this thread was made.
Y U CARE?
Because your avoiding posting on someone else's thread who gave a fucking original thought.
Christ.
If my thread was that unoriginal it would have been lost and got no replys also if my thread is so unoriginal then why did you reply on it?!

Melon Hunter

Chief Procrastinator
May 18, 2009
Also, ending to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness:

That bit on the beach where you fix the time rifts and you're disappearing... and your partner is crying over you, begging you to somehow continue existing. Wow. That was heartbreaking. Also, Grovyle's reveal of Dusknoir as the Big Bad and his heroic sacrifice made me sad as well.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Bastion when
you are given the choice of either leaving Zulf or or bringing him home. After everything Zulf had been through I couldn't blame him for the decisions he had made. and then the kid, burdened by Zulf, slowly getting worn down by the Ura bullets.... the Ura stopping.... the lone Ura firing and then getting struck down by a superior.... Holy crap all that combined was just so depressing. and then the ending, after using the bastion to restore it to before the calamity. I start new game plus, and I basically have the narrator saying all of what the kid did was for nothing because the calamity just happened all over again.