Games that made you cry.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
The endings to both Kingdom Hearts game. I found the ending to the first game really depressing and it really brought me down. And the ending to the second game brought tears of joy to my eyes.

willis888

May 18, 2010
Final Fantasy 3/6.
After Kefka blows up the world, Cid dies and Celes tries to kill herself.

Battleaxx90

Jul 8, 2011
Odyssey to the West said:
Fuck FF4 though, I don't count that as part of the series, it was crap.
Do yourself a favour, don't watch any Youtube videos of a guy named HCbailey.

I'd have to say that the game that ever made me get the closest to crying is the ending to The World Ends With You.

Not bad for an emo kid who started the game as a complete and utter sociopath. Too bad I couldn't find the credits sequence anywhere; that REALLY gets the job done.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
I have never cried because of a game, but the moment I always will remember was when the credits for Dragon Age: Origins rolled. I felt... this hollow kind of feeling, because it was over.

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
I think Bastion has been the only game that has actually made me break down and cry like a little *****.

I actually cried quite a bit for that game.

Jak23

Oct 1, 2010
Mass Effect 2, I lost half of my team, when I saw how empty my ship was I started bawling...

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
All the metal gears other than 4, and a game called A Drug That Makes You Dream(don't look it up) A well told story is everything when it comes to my tears.

Omnicide

Aug 6, 2011
shogunblade said:
Well, "Earthbound" did it for me. With the combination of the final battle and the end credits song "Smiles and Tears", I can always shed a tear for that.
Was going to say that. Made even more tragic by how negligiently Nintendo has treated that series.

Also, the ending of Crisis Core FF7. Very well done.

Malconvoker

Nov 1, 2011
The endings of the Professor Layton games. Some of them just tugged on my heartstrings so hard. Special mention to Unwound Future, which had me beyond sad into blubbering like an idiot.

DonMartin

Apr 2, 2010
MGS4, the Naked Sun epilogue. I always break down when Big Boss says
"This is good, isn't it?"

I dont know why. I suppose it has something to do with his and Snakes relationship as "father and son".