Games that made you Laugh

WhyWasThat

Jul 2, 2010
It's a rare thing for a video game to achieve, and something that is curiously undervalued by gamers in general: A video game's ability to make your eyes widen and your mouth open wide with a euphoric squeal of mirth.
What games have gotten a laugh out of you? It can be deliberate or inadvertent. Often a Bethesdan coding bug can wind up being as funny as Wheatley, albeit unintentionally.

For me, games that I have genuinely laughed out loud at were The Bard's Tale, Portal 2, most of the modern GTA games, Just Cause 1 (abandoning a mid-air jet full of what I imagine to be old-age pensioners shouldn't be so funny) and Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (the game was so depressingly awful that co-op was basically a laugh fest).

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Red Dead Redemption made me laugh due to some glitches, and Portal 1 had some good dark humour.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Psychonauts, both of the first 2 Penny Arcade games, Arkham Asylum (Joker's a funny guy, what can I say?) and probably a few other buggy sandbox games like GTA4 with a few friends.

Anget Colslaw

Jul 26, 2012
Deadpool's entire voice set in Marvel vs Capcom 3

The flying ragdoll effect on special infected like the smoker and hunter in Left 4 Dead
Watching a dead Jockey or Hunter fly through the air in Left 4 Dead 2. It's made even better if they hit a wall.

Typical Fallout 3 shenanigans varying from a minigun wielding super mutant with broken AI, another super mutant with it's head stuck in the roof of a bus stop, radscorpions walking on it's tail, yao goai flying through the air as their head is blown off or doing a backflip or a female slaver looking straight down at her breasts as if wondering how long she's had them.

Watching corpses and gibs stretch out as if they were from a Gmod film in Gears of War 2 if pushed up against an invisible wall.

Usual GTA4 antics.

In Star Fox 64, actually winning a Star Wolf battle because the last survivor actually CRASHED into a pillar.

Messing around in the Battlefield 2 demo at school, where as soon as the match would end, either me or some other guys would race for the jets, go for the spot where the camera goes off to after the match ends and try to end up in the view of the camera. Often resulting in jets hitting the ground dead on... only to bounce off like a ball.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Portal 1+2
Mass Effect 1+2+3
Day Z
Halo
(Some of Cortana's comments. Many moments in MP.)
Mirror's Edge (Laughing from exhilaration counts, right?)
Amnesia

No doubt many others.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Pretty much the Monkey Island series and also every dialogue that was spoken out of HK-47-

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Oh, there'll be plenty others besides this but Borderlands was the one that sprang to mind as soon as I saw the topic.

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
Portal 2 and Fallout 3/NV.

Portal 2 just has BRILLIANT humor. My particular favorite character is the guy who talks over the first few overgrown levels.
''If the laws of physics no longer in apply in the future, god help you.''

Fallout 3 and New Vegas have a very dark and subtle humor that makes me chuckle from time to time.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Portal 1 and 2 made me laugh a whole bunch.

Fallout 3 and Skyrim as well, but only because of all the messing around and glitches that were happening.
ruedyn said:
Red Dead Redemption made me laugh due to some glitches, and Portal 1 had some good dark humour.
The flying people cracked me up when I first saw it.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Gex games always make me laugh. Shit... now I wanna play Gex 2 but I don't have it anymore :(

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
I have to agree with the Portal games, especially Portal 2. I also think that GLaDOS is funnier than Cave Johnson. I love the passive aggressive stabs she constantly makes. Hilarious and really witty. I can't think of any game that has humour as well written as those games.

GTA and Saint's Row have mad me chuckle, but the Portal games are on a whole other level.

Amped 3 should probably get a mention too. It's surreal and just silly. It also loves poking fun at itself and at games in general. It's awesome.

Stubbs the Zombie is also pretty hilarious. Poking fun at the whole 50s American "white picket fence" nostalgia, with zombies. Eating brains to Mr. Sandman never gets old. That game really is a criminally overlooked gem.

purplecactus

Jun 25, 2012
Both of the Portal games make me laugh, and a few others do, but that's mostl due to the company at the time, or just messing around.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Both the Portals for obvious reasons, some of the scenes in Persona 4 were hilarious and the Ace Attorney games have a brillant sense of humour.

On the less wholesome side of things playing Zyra in League of Legends made me burst into slightly evil laughter when this one Ashe took the bait and facechecked the bush I had prepared with 4 seeds.

So much damage... I doubt I needed to lob my Ult at her to finish but it made her death look a whole lot cooler XD

RedLister

Jun 14, 2011
Had one earlier today in fallout new vegas. Had a hostile threat on my map. Looking around scratching my head. Then suddenly i looked down and a mole rats head appeared out of the rock.....Enemies really do like getting stuck in the terrain.

The tape recordings in Borderlands Armory of General Knoxx DLC. Just plain silly couldn't help getting some laughs out of it.

Saints row 3. Especially involving one recruitment mission in a certain fetish place involving whips and saddles....Had family members appearing wondering what i was cracking up so much over.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Intentionally funny:
Portal
Monkey Island
Borderlands
Discworld
Psychonauts
Comic Jumper

Unintentionally hilarious:
Resident Evil
Devil May Cry

ReadyAmyFire

May 4, 2012
The Operative: No One Lives Forever, and it's sequel. Currently replaying them both, hence my avatar.