Games that make you feel pitiful.

elilupe

Jun 1, 2009
Ive been sorta bored with all the new normal games lately, so I was wondering are there any games where you just lose most or even all the time? I dont mean a really hard game, but more of a game like Silent Hunter where you are supposed to have a hard time because of the story, or one where you are on the losing side. Does anyone know of any games like this?
Sorry if I seem to be rambling incoherently, I have been studying for school finals and needed a break.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I'm terrible at Team Fortress 2. Getting even one kill is really tough for me, and whenever I play it I feel like I'm bad at games.

As for games where you're supposed to lose, there's an indie game called cortex command, and the objective if you're playing a skirmish by yourself is to defend a brain against endless waves of enemies until they destroy it and you lose. There's no way to win. It's super fun.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
well by pitiful
i feel bad when i kill horsies on red head redemption.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I was pretty bad at Guitar Hero the one time I played it.

Never. Again.

Hurray Forums

Jun 4, 2008
Xenosaga fits the bill at times. The main character isn't really a "hero", often times she's actually a damsel in distress. As an example very start of the first game you spend like 20 minutes running from bad guys because they can one shot you before finally getting captured and almost killed by said bad guys until the actual badass protagonist of the series comes to rescue you. The overall story often times has a fairly bleak tone to it as well, so combined with the unique perspective it certainly ends up being different from your standard video game fare.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
Try STALKER. Any of them will do, as they're harder than a solid steel (insert very hard thing here. No, not a penis) to beat. Sure, you can win, but you never actually "win". In most of the endings you bight it, and for the good ones The Zone (the area in which the game takes place. It's right around Chernobyl) is only a better place for you and you alone, sometimes it's even worse for the rest of the people.

Awake-

Jun 7, 2010
Any CoD online.

I just run around looking for enemies only to be featured in a montage.

xvbones

Oct 29, 2009
Dwarf Fortress makes me feel absolutely retarded. Half the time I don't begin to know why everything has gone horribly wrong.

The last six doomsday devices I have attempted to create have erupted in my face and found ways to obliterate my entire fortress even before I finished the fucking planning stages.

And one of those doomsday devices wasn't even a fucking doomsday device - i was setting up a system to pump water to a location OUTSIDE my fort from a location OUTSIDE my fort. A valve exploded somewhere, the water hit a COMPLETELY UNRELATED lava shunt and somehow managed to fill my entire fortress with boiling steam. Half my fucking dwarves literally melted in their workshops, the other half went batshit and I lost the whole fucking fort to a tantrum spiral.

god fucking damn it i wish i'd taken more courses on engineering

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
any snes platformer/shooter w/o save states should do just fine. contra and sunset riders in particular will shred your scrotum...

Dapper Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Shadow of the Colossus isn't especially hard, but it'll definitely make you feel like you're on the losing side, and probably make you feel like a bit of a bastard at some point.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
I suck at Metal Slug.

I absolutely love the game but...i suck at it.
And it makes me feel bad when i see people fly past Levels with one life.

Brikson

Jan 28, 2010
Team Fortress 2, I don't think I've managed to get more then 2 kills in a row. Gah, I'm terrible at it

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
Marvel vs Capcom 2. I can't even beat the Arcade mode on easy, I don't even DARE play online.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
AjimboB said:
Demon's Souls

/thread
I didn't think Demon's Souls was hard as much as it made me play like a cheap, game-breaking asshole. Success in that game comes from employing the most imbalanced methods of attack and defense possible while taking advantage of unbelievably thick a.i. at every turn.

In other words, you become good at DS the moment you learn to take all the fun out of it.