Games that should be on the DS as soon as possible.

Monodi

Apr 2, 2008
A graphic remake of Balloon Fighter and Ice Climber as they have been watching the exterior a bit more especially due to WarioWare and Super Smash Brothers, kind of like Metroid Zero Mission.

A Pikmin game none the less.

Mother 3 including MOTHER and Earthbound.

What else do you think it should be already out?

Quistnix

Nov 22, 2007
Jagged Alliance 2. It's coming, but it can't come fast enough.

A DS fallout would be nice too.

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
Dayantis said:
Who doesn't want Smash Bros DS?
Also, some Fire Emblem would be nice, and a better Advance Wars than Dark Conflict was.
Unless I've been grossly misinformed, they're remaking the original Fire Emblem for the DS. You know, the one no one knows about. With Marth.

Apologies Abound.

irrelevantnugget

Mar 25, 2008
Dayantis said:
Who doesn't want Smash Bros DS?
Also, some Fire Emblem would be nice, and a better Advance Wars than Dark Conflict was.
Agreed with Smash Bros.

Fire Emblem DS is in the works, it's a remake of the very first game with characters added that joined the series later on.

Also, Dark Conflict was pretty good imo. But I just can't wait to get my hands on Fire Emblem. I want my characters to have a face, dammit.

Oh, and this will probably never happen... but Final Fantasy VII. Maybe slightly reworked visually, like they did with the other games.

Choukou

Jan 23, 2008
I agree with Mother/Earthbound. I've never played them, but I've heard great things and god help me I just can't sit at the PC playing them on an emulator. The only game I've been able to do that with is FF6, and that's only because it ROOOOOCKED!...didn't finish it though.

I need another castlevania game! Bring it on!
Chrono Trigger - Same reason as Earthbound, though I played a bit of it and it rocked hard.
Secret of Mana.
More kickass snes remakes.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Chrono Fucking Trigger.

In fact, I don't care what they remake it for, just do it now. Also, release it in Europe this time.

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
Quistnix said:
You guys do realise there are free nes/snes emulators for the DS, right?
I am completely unashamed to say I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

So...what are you talking about?

Sorry about that.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Quistnix said:
Yes, but they would not allow shiny upgraded DS features, like those in, say, FFIV DS.

Quistnix

Nov 22, 2007
The_Logician19 said:
Quistnix said:
I am completely unashamed to say I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

So...what are you talking about?

Sorry about that.
DS Homebrew [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_DS_Homebrew]
Click that link, and you'll see a list of software people at home tinkered together. From some games to Linux, there's quite a lot of stuff. Scroll down and you'll see a list of emulators: NES, Snes, ScummVM, etc.

If you get yourself a good card (Ninjacard, R4, CycloDS Evolution. I've got good experience with the last one.), you put the emulator on the card, and add the roms of any games you own (it would be illegal to do if you don't own them). Now you can play the games on your DS.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
Crap_haT said:
Line rider....
good choice! That would be perfect medium for linerider. I would also like to see maybe something like banjo kazooie, or blast corps for the ds, or maybe even sam and max

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Sooo many from a prior topic about this...

SimCity 2000 OR 3
RPG Maker
Demon's Crest
Front Mission: Gun Hazard
Assault Suits Valken aka Cybernator
Assault Suits Leynos aka Metal Warriors
A New 2D Metroid Game!

RPG Maker has had a HUGE number of incarnations, only two of which made it to America. Some combination of the best ones the DS can render would rule all, espcially given online compatibility and the advantage of two editing screens. The rest of these are SNES, leaving enough room for additional levels and material added in.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I want to see a music mixing/composing program for the DS. Come to think of it, with the ease of the touchscreen and the ability to send compositions online it seems kind of like a very obvious choice for the DS and I find it strange that it hasn't been done yet.