Games that SHOULD HAVE a sequel, but don't

starslasher

May 21, 2011
SadisticBrownie said:
FFIX, but Squeenix'd probably fuck it up.
Yeah, that was a great game. And sadly, you are most likely correct in that assumption.

Another Squaresoft game that should have a sequel, methinks, is Vagrant Story. It was a great game as well, although it could have some improvements in the gameplay. But yeah, "Squeenix'd probably fuck it up" as well.

jpblade666 said:
Legend of Dragoon. Maybe a sequel would let you play through the original war kind of what the Lufia games did.
I liked it, but i remember a lot of people complaining about the target-timing system thingy. I thought that it was a hoot and a half, actually. Gives you a great sense of satisfaction when you actually pull them off.

amaranth_dru said:
Also, Soul Reaper/Legacy of Kain series. Probably some of the best story/voice acting ever.
Yeah, and the ending of Defiance sort of calls for it as well, from what i remember of it.

Lone Skankster

May 12, 2011
I've said it before and i'll say it again until I die.

Skies of Arcadia.

Heres one that doesn't : Halo 3

This is why the gaming industry pisses me off

ThatOneJewYouNo

Sep 22, 2009
If it hasn't been said yet, and if it has been said I back the ones who said so 100%, this game needs a sequel so bad it hurts:

Shadow of the Colossus

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
HankMan said:
Starwars Battlefront 2
CURSE YOU GEORGE LUCAS!
This. A thousand times, this! I want it so bad.

The worst part is that the actual gameplay footage that was leaked all those years ago had possibly the greatest features ever. Seamless transition from ground combat to space battles? Sign me up!

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Games that totally need sequels and will almost certainly never get them, or at least not the sequels they deserve:

Age of Empires 3
Jade Empire
Escape Velocity: Nova
Wing Commander: Prophecy
Giants: Citizen Kabuto (seriously, this game was awesome AND had Pinky of Pinky and the Brain fame! AKA Morte, if you're into that sort of thing. It's an utter pain to play, but awesome)
Ultima IX
Ultima Underworld II
Commander Keen 6
Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! (with AL LOWE this time!)
Quest for Glory 5
System Shock 2 (I'd almost consider the new Deus Ex this, but the hacking could be so much more)
Starflight II
Psychonauts
Tyrian 2000
Bully
Anachronox
Lightspeed/Hyperspeed
Alien Legacy (amazing sci-fi strategy game from way back. Really complicated, difficult and interesting)

Pointer

Mar 19, 2010
omega_peaches said:
So, title.
I have 3:
Republic Commando
It was good, but LucasArts decided now they want to make bad games.
Call of Duty 4
MW2 wasn't a sequel, they tried to do too much, and it overall felt different.
LoZ Four Swords Adventure
My personal favorite zelda, I'm a sucked for co-op.
I agree so had on the Republic Commando bit. Thats actually what I was going to say.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
Crackdown 2 needs a sequel that brings the series back bigger and better than ever before.

i want to see it be given a chance!

oh, and The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction needs a proper sequel as well.

here are some others:
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.
Star Wars Battlefront 2.
NFL Street.
Just Cause 2
And another Open World Red Faction.

EDIT: Bully and Brutal Legend.

Jul 9, 2008
jbchillin said:
mirrors edge. i still hold hope to a second one.
Me too brother, me too.
Kadoodle said:
HankMan said:
Starwars Battlefront 2
CURSE YOU GEORGE LUCAS!
My thoughts exactly.

I wish F.E.A.R. had gotten a real sequel.
I do too. Glad to know I'm not alone in not liking FEAR 2, but FEAR 1 was one of my favorite games of all time. And as for FEAR 3...well, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...
Adzma said:
KotOR II needs a proper sequel. TOR does not count in the slightest.

Also while we're on the topic of LucasArts, we need an X-Wing/TIE Fighter sequel too!
I would love a KotOR II sequel. Hell, I'd settle for a KotOR I sequel, but I'd really love to have Chris Avellone penning this one too, I loved the writing of KotOR II.
synobal said:
Alpha Protocal, the first game has it's issues but there was soo much potential. It just needed more love and polish. Essentially it resembled an Obsidian Entertainment game. Still it could used a sequel I would of bought it. Not even a sequel just another game using the same IP even.
YES! Shame they've announced they will not make a sequel. We'll just have to hope they take what they've learned and make an even better game.

If you couldn't tell, I really like Obsidian.

Nekron_X

Jan 30, 2011
ThatOneJewYouNo said:
If it hasn't been said yet, and if it has been said I back the ones who said so 100%, this game needs a sequel so bad it hurts:

Shadow of the Colossus
ICO is technically the sequel to SotC though. but i agree that they should at least do something with the colossi(?) again, the battles and the environments were so amazing that it deserves to be honored.

OT:
Jade Empire
Alan Wake
Bad Fur Day
Stubbs the Zombie
Enslaved
Oni

astrav1

Jul 6, 2009
There was going to be a Steambot Chronicles 2 but the possbility of that along with so much else was destroyed with the earthquake.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
i like how every 4th post someone posts that a game that has a sequel needs a sequel, as if the sequel they had doesnt count (modern warfare, bioshock, mercenaries)

anywho, i think dragon age origins needs a sequel, dragon age 2 doesnt count :p jk

the only thing that comes to mind is mirrors edge, but i think a sequel is in the works.

Baron_Rouge

Oct 30, 2009
Dynasty Tactics 2, damnit! I loved that game! This is why Koei don't innovate much, when they try something different, nobody buys it...

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
judgeing by the general atitude of the escapist I would guess people would say no game should ever have a sequal EVER.

Shadu

Nov 10, 2010
Strain42 said:
Apollo Justice
Yes, yes they should. I loved the first and it needs another. Why not? Phoenix got three.

Speaking of, I'd like to see another Phoenix Wright game too. Not Apollo, not Miles, Phoenix in his lawyer years. I like how they ended the third one, I really do, and I like how they picked up Apollo Justice, but I would like another Phoenix.

Ghost Trick should have another as well. That would be awesome. It was a great game that should get another.

Okamiden would be another great one.

There should be a new, proper, Ratchet and Clank game (not the All in One thing coming out)