Games That Were Wrongly Ignored.

pha kin su pah

Mar 26, 2008
Random argument man post=9.70171.682627 said:
Goemon Legend of The mystical Ninja and Goemon's Great adventure for the n64. Thank to you guys, Konami only releases titles in Japan.
YES that game is legendary, rivalling OoT, sm64, B&K those games were up there. its just a shame they stopped there.. QQ

Jul 25, 2008
Death Magnetic post=9.70171.683861 said:
Tombi and I bet no one here has played it. It was a PS1 game and awesome.
Actually, I just recently replayed it for the first time in years. Really great game.

veekter post=9.70171.683675 said:
Jade Cocoon, I love that game, but no one knows what I'm talking about whenever I mention it to anyone.
I remember loving that game as a kid. Sadly, I don't seem to have it anymore.

Typecast post=9.70171.684168 said:
Sacrifice, damn you Shiny and Interplay! We come on our knees, begging for more, and we'll do ANYTHING!!!!!!! :'(
Yes. Just yes.

Najos

Aug 4, 2008
I agree with Brave Fencer Musashi. It wasn't that great of a game, but it came with a FFVIII demo (which is why I bought it). It was actually one of the first console games to do voice acting that I played. Well, one of the first ones to do it well, at least.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
Urban Chaos: Riot Response was spectacularly B-Movie-ish, but in a good way. Who wouldnt want to take a meat cleaver to a guy's face, or headshot a hilariously named "Burner" to watch his head make a sickening crack on the pavement while in slow motion?
Shadow of Rome was awesome, too.
Who said the New Millenium was blood-thirsty? Imma cut 'em.

ZahariasX

Jun 25, 2008
Xeros post=9.70171.682754 said:
The Grandia series. I have yet to meet a single person who has even heard of the game, let alone played it. I also feel that the original Sonic the Hedgehog games were rather overlooked.
I enjoyed the first Grandia game! Although I never had a chance to play the others...

I'm also gonna have to say Eternal Darkness.

jackiebrown22222

Jun 5, 2008
Tattaglia post=9.70171.690717 said:
Urban Chaos: Riot Response was spectacularly B-Movie-ish, but in a good way. Who wouldnt want to take a meat cleaver to a guy's face, or headshot a hilariously named "Burner" to watch his head make a sickening crack on the pavement while in slow motion?
Shadow of Rome was awesome, too.
Who said the New Millenium was blood-thirsty? Imma cut 'em.
Someone beat me to it. I absolutely loved Riot Response. Sure, the graphics were awful, but everything else was great. It was extremely intense, had hours of replay value with the unlockable weapon and equipment upgrades, and had one of the most useful tools in ANY FPS in history: The Riot Shield. The production values were surprisingly good, with some great looking explosions, some cheesy but entertaining live-action news scenes, and some terrifyingly chaotic cutscenes. Slo-mo kills and over-the-top headshots were icing on the cake.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
carsonnik post=9.70171.690794 said:
Someone beat me to it. I absolutely loved Riot Response. Sure, the graphics were awful, but everything else was great. It was extremely intense, had hours of replay value with the unlockable weapon and equipment upgrades, and had one of the most useful tools in ANY FPS in history: The Riot Shield. The production values were surprisingly good, with some great looking explosions, some cheesy but entertaining live-action news scenes, and some terrifyingly chaotic cutscenes. Slo-mo kills and over-the-top headshots were icing on the cake.
The Riot Shield was a fantastic innovation in my book, it made shoot-outs much more intense and the pace faster. And the live-action news scenes reminded me of Red Alert, so I liked it even more. The only thing that brought it down for me was the thermal vision parts, I hated them because everything looked purple and red.

Russ741

Aug 20, 2008
OmegaTalon post=9.70171.682679 said:
Team Buddies for the PS1.

Far from perfect and plenty of little problems to pick at, but all in all, it's a great game.

Always thought it was one of the most underappreciated gems in gaming.
I second that! The amount of time I spent playing that. Ah....memories....

Ixus Illwrath

Feb 9, 2008
There was a game called Brigandine: The legend of Forsena for PS1, I could play that shit forever.

Also, a turn based card game called Culdcept comes to mind.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Gotta give this one to God Hand, amazing game, but didn't sell nearly as well as I had hoped for it =/ I don't remember exactly what game overshadowed it at the time but damn...that game missed out on some sales.

Chaossebba

Aug 11, 2008
HuntingWolf_01 post=9.70171.683990 said:
and i also loved Tombi
THANK YOU, i remembered this game, but couldnt think of its name, thanks to you i finally remember.

Wewt

Sep 3, 2008
Jumplion post=9.70171.682777 said:
Okay, I fail to see how any of those games were "Games wrongly ignored"

You see, pretty much each and every one of those games were given high scores, and the people who bought them loved them and raved about them saying "It gives you a whole 'nother experience!" "It's such a unique game!" "I've never played anything like it before!".

With all these people going around saying the same "underappreciated gems" for games in these types of threads, how the hell are these games "underappreciated"? We all keep talking about them! They weren't ignored, they just didn't sell as amazingly as the other mainstreame games!

If you want an underappreciated gem go find a completely random game that no one has ever heard of or a game that has not aged well in time. Like Ray-man for the PSX, I loved that game even though I've never beaten it, with gorgeous visuals for an old system (I wish I had my PS1 now...).

But I guess I can't stop all of these people from listing these "underappreciated gems" that apparantly no one has ever heard of. Okay, now i'm just being bitter...
That's what makes them underappreciated gems. DOH

Chaossebba

Aug 11, 2008
i could be totally wrong, but Fire Emblem is a great series which i hadn't heard anything about it until i won a copy of the Wii one, which also got me to search around gameshops for the prequel on the gamecube.

Also, i had Jade Cocoon on the PS1, and Grandia, those were great fun.