Games that you will never play. Ever.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
The only one I can think of is Dwarf Fortress. Lots and lots of games go straight into "probably never" but Dwarf Fortress is certainly a "never ever". Maybe it needs too much imagination or something, I dunno.

Inazuma1

Professional Asshole
Legacy
Nov 18, 2009
Hell
MMORPGs. I burned myself out on MMOs years ago as a teenager and haven't been able to play them ever since. To me, they're all the same. From the free to play Chinese garbage all the way up to Warcraft and Star Wars The Old Republic, they're all the same shitty MMO.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
CoD, BF, Minecraft, Civ, anything that's a 'zombie survival' game, Bio/System Shock, Deus Ex.

There more, but that's all that's off the top of my head far as games I will never touch at all. Don't really care how 'good' they are, I'm not interested, and in CoD/BFs case, I rather hate them for their role in ruining the AAA market.

There's plenty of games I won't touch again, like FF13 and it's shit stain squeals, but more often then not I black list whole studios, Bethesda and Bioware are both on that list, Bioware because they suck at writing, characters and game play, and Bethesda cause they also suck at writing, characters and game-play, but all because they like to hide behind the modding community to do the bug testing for them instead of doing any such work them selves.

CloudAtlas

Mar 16, 2013
Zhukov said:
Anything that looks like anime.

I see one fist-sized eyeball, one trying-too-hard-to-be-cute underage girl in a suspiciously short skirt or one spiky haired dude with a sword the size of a fridge and I'm gone.
I second that motion. Everytime I had the questionable opportunity to play such games at friends' it was just too much too fast.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Zeren said:
I probably could have worded it better.

As for my current game, it's Robocraft. Building up my own robot to go kill other robots has been something I've enjoyed since I first did it in Chromehounds.
Huh. Haven't heard of it. Sounds interesting though - like something right up my alley.

Might have to check it out.

RedBackDragon

Apr 22, 2013
anything with the words "tom clancy" in it , anything with the words "sid miers" in it , any sports game by EA.... any future games by EA / Gearbox / sega / timegate / king / EABIOWARE .... fuck i loved jade empire and mass effect 1 why you turn mass effect into gears of war EA whyyyyyyy ????? ... the list goes on but you get the idea that these days i take "vote with your wallet" to mean that i will simply save my monney and time and not bother with anything these devlopment studios and publishers release to begin with.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
Any "Free to play" game with micro transaction. I loath the business model and I refuse to support in any of its nefarious incarnations.

KungFuJazzHands

Mar 31, 2013
"Art House" drek like Gone Home or The Bridge or Proteus - The pompousness (intentional or otherwise) involved in those kinds of games drives me batty.

MOBAs - the worst people on earth utterly poison the communities that engage in those games. They're not much fun to play, either.

Tower Defense games and Retro Platformers - there are far too many of these in existence, and 99% of them depend on blatantly copycatting other titles in order to get noticed. If there were ever two genres that perfectly mirror the troglodytic intellects of their hardcore audience, these two would be them.

JRPGs - I don't need to explain why I won't bother with them -- others here have already covered that territory.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
Games like 'I want to be the guy', where it seems it'd become very tedious very fast. Sport games, too. And after having tried a MOBA game, well, I'm in no hurry to try another.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I will never touch another MMO. I admit it was fun and i made a bunch of friends while playing, but eventually it just felt like another job that i had to do with a schedule for raid's, events and sieges.

And i'm not too fond of JRPGS with turn based combat, not to mention the ones without saves or checkpoints, i was pretty pissed off after playing for two hours and coming across an enemy that basically wiped out my whole group in a single strike and then i'm back to the title screen.

azukar

Sep 7, 2009
Any game on an X Box (360, One etc) console, because I've never owned one and don't think I've ever so much as played on someone else's.

Also, sports games do nothing for me, so Fifa 20XX is safe from my attention.

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Does it make me crazy if I don't want to list any games because I have a fear that, at some point in the future, I will have an uncontrollable urge to play one of those games and feel incredible shame at my naive underestimation of the extent to which we, as humans, can be tempted to subject ourselves to horrible experiences just to test our own emotional limits!?

*wheeze*

Oh, uh, probably Custer's Revenge.

Redflash

Mar 21, 2012
Sean Hollyman said:
Silent Hill 4, because this is in the game

Seriously that thing gives me shivers.
Argh I was just about to close my laptop and go to bed. Looks like it's going to be an all-nighter then.

*Edited for some opinion relevant to the question, forgive me for I am tired...

I just can't stand realistic racing games (i.e. anything other than Mario Kart), it's just so utterly tedious. Ditto for sports games and this is coming from someone who quite likes watching sports on tv/live, it strikes me as such a waste of time (I mean all games are but at least you're not just repeating the exact same handful of actions constantly).

And anything that involves me molesting my Facebook friends with endless requests to help me buy a pig or pop some gems or similar dross.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I will play anything, apart from mobile games.
Mostly because my phone is just about good enough to handle Angry Birds, however.

I guess you could also put MMOs on that list, but that's also mainly due to the fact I don't want to pay a monthly fee on top of a game price.

SteveTR

May 4, 2012
Sports games, in general. I just don't care about sports, so those games don't appeal to me at all.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
MysticSlayer said:
I've come to the point where I pretty much avoid all MMORPGs. The time investment they often require is staggering,...
This. When I was in school, I played a lot of Ultima Online on freeshards. The amount of time I invested... crazy.
Luckily more modern MMORPGs aren't really attractive to me, anyway, because of how questing, PvP and instances are designed and the like. Well, at least from what I heard, since I didn't actually try that stuff.
It seems like it's a lot more like a Diablo-clone where it's about gaining loot and levelling your character.
UO was more about interacting and RPing to me. Hell, a lot of the special armours we had and other stuff one might acquire were more about RPing than actual item stats.
And there were no quests and scripted cutscenes, unless the GMs created events.
It seems like games try to make everybody feel like "the chosen one" nowadays, which is kind of silly when everybody goes through the same quests, more or less.
Just pick up an axe and become a lumberjack, for crying out loud. Become special in the game's world. Don't have the game pretend for you that you are.

EDIT: Also, games with particularly messed-up DRM, like Diablo 3.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, well most all fantasy themed games in general. I played WoW for less than 18 months (running total) but that was enough to kill Fantasy for me. I get around this with Skyrim because I mod the hell out of it.

Ubisoft games, until they get Uplay right, maybe. I don't think I will ever go back to EA games, I seriously doubt even Mass Effect 4 (no matter how good it is) will be enough to pull me back (regardless of how fast they hit the ground running, they always trip and fail right before the finish line).

Call of Duty and Battlefield, the single player campaigns are too short with no replayability. The online aspects have no interest for me.

Titanfall. No single player and from what people I know who have played it have been telling me, the multiplayer has become too repetitive, they have even backed off from playing it.

Mario & Zelda. I used to play them, when I was 12. Haven't since.

Candy Crush. Not because the makers are tools of the highest caliber, but because I find games like that to be too boring.