Games that you're ashamed to admit they scare you

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
Title says it all. I would say for me, it'd be Donkey Kong 64. Why? Those freggin' caves and enemies respawning out of no where to scare you. That and K. Rool.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
CoD: WaW´s Nazi Zombie mode is actually really creepy when your playing solo without cheats. or if your playing on any of the zombie maps except Der Riese (it doesnt feel claustrophobic).

also, Earthbound. for obvious reason *points at big red scary fetus boss*.

Tuddle

Nov 12, 2009
Fallout 3 when I was first playing it, I did not want to leave the vault, The Capital Wasteland scared me I did not know what was out there. Plus I was afraid of dieing in the game, believe it or Not!

Jarek Mace

Jun 8, 2009
No games really scare me AS A WHOLE.

Assassins Creed 2's halucination part made me get a bit worried.
Oblivions occasional zombie sneak up is a bit scary.
Fallout 3's hallucination part made me outright crap myself (And laugh a bit though).

I think it's the games that arn't meant to be scary that go scary suddenly are the worst.

Horror games, condemned 2...alone in the dark..etc.. your suspecting ass-pooping horror...and when you suspect it you arn't scared when it happens.
But when it gets scary in a none scary game, that's...ergh.

Hallucinations are evil though, you know they are fake but you are still scared.

Oh, and Assassins creed 1's ending with the blood thing made me shiver slightly.

BUT: The only time I actually got REALLY REALLY scared was Batman: Arkham Asylum at the scare-crow bit, when your father pops out of the bag I was like "Ah! Jesus..." the mother bit was suspected, Gordon getting dragged away was sorta creepy.

But when Scarecrow jumped out of the bag I shouted "FFFUCCC**!!!!" And actually fell backwards off my chair.

Nincompoop

May 24, 2009
pimppeter2 said:
Oblivion

When Mudcrabs sneak up on me
This Lol... I'm serious. You be hearing the combat soundtrack, but you can't find your enemy. Turning around like crazy, getting paranoid and then BAM suddenly you get attacked, God that has often scared me.

OT: Apes was scary =/... Not really ashamed to admit it, nor anything else. I actually like being scared.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Half-Life 2.
You can say anything about Valve but, man, do they love cheap scares.
Also, the athmosphere of that game is brilliant.

nativebelle

Aug 9, 2009
The music from lavender town in pokemon. Sound always got turned down at that point, always.

David_G

Aug 25, 2009
I'm not actually ashamed to admit that this scares me, but this is a scary part of a game which is not meant to be scary, so I guess it qualifies. I was scared of the Metroids in Metroid Prime: Corruption.

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
thatstheguy said:
Title says it all. I would say for me, it'd be Donkey Kong 64. Why? Those freggin' caves and enemies respawning out of no where to scare you. That and K. Rool.
Not Mario 64? CLANG CLANG CLANG THE PIANO HAS TEETH NOW

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
The Borderlands DLC.

I played it through once, that was fine, but when I played it again on 'Playthrough 2', I was underlevelled and the zombies were so much stronger. I kept running out of ammo after one or two packs from restocking. It was quite intense, especially just running away.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Jarek Mace said:
No games really scare me AS A WHOLE.

Assassins Creed 2's halucination part made me get a bit worried.
What hallucination part? I've finished it so you can say.

OT: The caves/forts/elven ruins in Oblivion.

Freaky shit.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Sylryeth said:
Bioshock, when you first find the shotgun and the splicers come out of no where.
Scared me half to death.
"Welcome, welcome to The Escapist, you have chosen or been chosen to relocate to one of our finest remaining forums. I thought so much of The Escapist that I elected to establish my Profile here, in the forums so thoughtfully provided by the Mods. I have been proud to call The Escapist my home. So whether you are here to stay, or passing through on your way to parts unknown, welcome to the Escapist. It's safer here."

Every 3D Metroid game, It scared the shit outta me when I was 8, and I just can't go play it, without feeling some odd terror about it. Probably due to being Traumatized a little when I was younger...

C117

Aug 14, 2009
... Clocktower... and Grandia II (at least the part with all those eyes)...

Tuddle

Nov 12, 2009
Evil Tim said:
thatstheguy said:
Not Mario 64? CLANG CLANG CLANG THE PIANO HAS TEETH NOW
I just remembered that! SCARIEST PART OF A VIDEO GAME EVER!