Games that you're ashamed to admit they scare you

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Dead Space made me jump many a time. The regenerating necromorph had me a nervous wreck during the chase scene.

Fallout 3 has made me jump more times than any other game though... turning around to find a Deathclaw about to rip your face off, or hearing the horrible click of Giant Radscorpion legs in my headphones... (runs away)

Adanos

Oct 24, 2009
Return to Castle Wolfenstein. And I never played Dead Space. I never know if I will play it.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
nativebelle said:
The music from lavender town in pokemon. Sound always got turned down at that point, always.
i had the same thing in pop:ww. you suddenly walk in a room and this eery piano starts playing it happens about 4 times in the game. (i litteraly go crazy or turn the sound of)

Jarek Mace

Jun 8, 2009
Woodsey said:
Jarek Mace said:
No games really scare me AS A WHOLE.

Assassins Creed 2's halucination part made me get a bit worried.
What hallucination part? I've finished it so you can say.

OT: The caves/forts/elven ruins in Oblivion.

Freaky shit.
Playing as Desmond? Where he gets the orangutang skills?

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
Half-Life 2, Ravenholm. Though that wasn't really that scary as opposed to it just not being such a pleasant experience fighting Body Horrors with freaked-out voices in a dark town at 2AM (last bit IRL). And poison headcrabs scare the FUCK out of me every single time. When I see one, it's either "WHACKWHACKWHACKSPLAT YESSS it's dead", or panic time.

Sometimes, the L4D Witch can be scary. Especially late at night, when you suddenly walk near her and hear that haunting soundtrack with the crying. Oh god the crying.

Killing Floor gets progressively scarier the later it is. On a sunny afternoon, it's a fun little pastime, around midnight it's "oh my god why am I playing thOH FUCK SHOOT IT SHOOT IT".

In DoW:DC, that demonic laugh after you win the battle in that province where you get Fury scares me every time.

I really, REALLY don't respond well to jump-scares and the like. Even when I know they're coming.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Fallout 3 sometimes, the main parts that freaj=ked me out were the sewer levels in which I found a corpse every five feet or so. And when I was at Tenpenny Tower, after helping the Ghouls come in and making peace with other residents I leave and come bac onlt to find all of the normal residents gone, this began to freak me out so I check the basement, I hear a loud crash, a snarl, and then a feral ghoul right in my face, these things together all made me jump out of my chair.

wandatheavenger

Oct 13, 2009
The first time I got eaten through the window by the T-Rex in Dino Crisis, I actually fell off of my chair. I still can't play the game because of it.

ReinofFire

Jun 30, 2009
I may have mentioned it in another post in a thread far far away but I'll say The legend of zelda. The music in the forest temple (OoT) creeped me out. In Twilight Princess I was scared of the hands in the twilight palace. every time you think they've stopped they come back to life and go through walls.

Oh, it might not be all that bad but in Morrowind everytime I was under water I was scared. I had run into a daedra one time (and won but thats not the point).

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Fallout 3, I friggin' hate Radscorpions... Bit of arachnophobia I guess.

Also, not really ashamed, but the Max Payne dream sequences were just too far gone.

Dekanah

May 18, 2008
Jarek Mace said:
But when Scarecrow jumped out of the bag I shouted "FFFUCCC**!!!!" And actually fell backwards off my chair.
yeah, scarecrow made me jump about a foot into the air...

David_G said:
I was scared of the Metroids in Metroid Prime: Corruption.
no Nintindo game has made me say as much profanity as when the first metroid rams the glass of it's container trying to get at you.

I raced out of that area as fast as possible trying to escape them all.

Sep 14, 2009
yeah that piano part got me too...its cuz its not expected at all and that came outta no where and i ran superman jumped like no other to get outta there, i refused to go back in there with that chomping piano

any game i played where it was MEANT to be scary not so much..such as F.E.A.R. or the such

a few games if im running away with low ammo or something i def. clench my cheeks and go "AHHH SHIT" otherwise in GoW the berserker scared me a few times from shitty camera angles when i was really getting immersed in the game

gamergal126

Mar 28, 2008
Nincompoop said:
pimppeter2 said:
Oblivion

When Mudcrabs sneak up on me
This Lol... I'm serious. You be hearing the combat soundtrack, but you can't find your enemy. Turning around like crazy, getting paranoid and then BAM suddenly you get attacked, God that has often scared me.
That is what freaked me out in LOZ: Majora's Mask. as soon as you leave town that ominous music would come on *shudders

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Sly 2, I felt great shivers in Prague. The Contessa doesn't make things much better.

Also, Windwaker in the Earth Temple, that one Floor Master gave me a mini-heart attack.

theonlywildman

Mar 29, 2009
nativebelle said:
The music from lavender town in pokemon. Sound always got turned down at that point, always.
That and the music and talking to the people in the pokemon tower. got me depressed and scared me. Would always use my bike and get in the pokemon center o r try to leave before the music started to play

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I am ashamed to admit the three weeks of nightmares from Psychonauts involving gravity-defying asylums and nightmares in a cage.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
Christemo said:
CoD: WaW´s Nazi Zombie mode is actually really creepy when your playing solo without cheats. or if your playing on any of the zombie maps except Der Riese (it doesnt feel claustrophobic).

also, Earthbound. for obvious reason *points at big red scary fetus boss*.
Nazi Zombies actually doesn't scare me I admire the horror atmosphere but it ussually just annoys me sometimes when theres too many of them to handle etc. most people are to engrossed in getting a high score not to mention if theres cheats then you must be on a PC I play on XBL so I'm ussually also too busy laughing at the overcompetitive idiots that NZ is full of on X-Box.

OT: Despite that I still got slightly scared when playing through the dissapointing Fable II I've got it lying around here somewhere, most of the game was fine it was Wraithmarsh and the sound of the undead enemies spawning off-screen that got to me a little bit.

Outofideas

Nov 7, 2009
Been playing through OOT: Master Quest again lately.

The Well. The goddamned hell-spawned Well. Jesus, I regret playing that at 1 AM with no one else around, I thought I was gonna have a stroke

Giantcain

Oct 29, 2009
another one of mine is hell night without the monster detecting person in the huge ares with about 50 ways to go.