Games that you're ashamed to admit they scare you

Eskimo_In_Egypt

Dec 1, 2009
Resident Evil 4. I was shooting fishies so I'd have some health. I was going to shoot one last one before hoping in the boast to go collect em'. When...

Well... This [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNlrFAo-qVs] happened.

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
theonlywildman said:
nativebelle said:
The music from lavender town in pokemon. Sound always got turned down at that point, always.
That and the music and talking to the people in the pokemon tower. got me depressed and scared me. Would always use my bike and get in the pokemon center o r try to leave before the music started to play
The mystics! Oh God, the MYSTICS! They'd yell demented and unexpected stuff at you like "BLOOD!". Hard to believe Pokemon could be so damn creepy.

Eskimo_In_Egypt said:
Resident Evil 4. I was shooting fishies so I'd have some health. I was going to shoot one last one before hoping in the boast to go collect em'. When...

Well... This [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNlrFAo-qVs] happened.
The exact same thing happened to me. I fell out of my seat. Speaking of RE4, Regenerators Just the sound they make is enough to make me terrified.

Also, there are a few select parts of Doom 3 that scare me. The rest was sort of meh in the scare department. The demon-babies were the absolute worst. Just...eergh.

ShotgunShaman

Apr 1, 2009
Jarek Mace said:
No games really scare me AS A WHOLE.

Assassins Creed 2's halucination part made me get a bit worried.
Oblivions occasional zombie sneak up is a bit scary.
Fallout 3's hallucination part made me outright crap myself (And laugh a bit though).

I think it's the games that arn't meant to be scary that go scary suddenly are the worst.

Horror games, condemned 2...alone in the dark..etc.. your suspecting ass-pooping horror...and when you suspect it you arn't scared when it happens.
But when it gets scary in a none scary game, that's...ergh.

Hallucinations are evil though, you know they are fake but you are still scared.

Oh, and Assassins creed 1's ending with the blood thing made me shiver slightly.

BUT: The only time I actually got REALLY REALLY scared was Batman: Arkham Asylum at the scare-crow bit, when your father pops out of the bag I was like "Ah! Jesus..." the mother bit was suspected, Gordon getting dragged away was sorta creepy.

But when Scarecrow jumped out of the bag I shouted "FFFUCCC**!!!!" And actually fell backwards off my chair.
DONT SPOIL IT FOR THE NICE PEOPLE WHO HAVENT PLAYED IT YET!!!!!!!!!

But I agree with you 100%. That part was freaky as hell.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
I got freaked out by Fear 2. I bought it, played ten minutes, than sold it again because I got freaked out by Alma. You gotta admit, almost everything else about the game sucked, but it could scare you.

JoonaspEST

Nov 25, 2009
All Resident Evil games. I have never touched them and i will never do. Bad memories from childhood just don't allow it. In irony I have done Ravenholm 2+ times.

Also if anyone knows Might and Magic series then they also funnily make me have shivers since the sheer archaic and scary skeletons and the big floating eyes.

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Silent Hill 2...

Silent Hill 2...

GODDAMN THOSE LYING FIGURES!

What's with the under cars thingy? Aren't they the easiest enemy in the game?

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
As an adult, I have an embarrassing fear of...well...F.E.A.R.. I've braved Dead Space, Fatal Frame AND Silent Hill 2, yet for some reason, a mildly dark FPS manages to scare the living daylights out of me.

And as a kid, and this is REALLY embarrassing to admit, I was scared of The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. I was so scared of it, in fact, that I didn't finish the game until I picked it up again during High School.

maffro

Aug 8, 2008
Relin said:
Condemned. Seriously, I can't play it alone.
I know that game had flaws, but I was terrified. I couldn't STAND it when you lost your torch and taser, and playing the demo I am ashamed to say that I jumped.
...about three foot into the air.
...at my own shadow.
...at my own VIRTUAL shadow.

mezrim777

Dec 7, 2009
Borderlands, you hear high-pitch screams then you turn around to see what it is and you see nothing, you look down and a midget psycho is hacking at your balls. I had nightmares for weeks :p.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
Journeythroughhell said:
Half-Life 2.
You can say anything about Valve but, man, do they love cheap scares.
Also, the athmosphere of that game is brilliant.
They do? I never noticed other than the headcrab falling out of the Ravenholm entrance and the zombies who suddenly wake up.
I guess they do.
Goddamnit, the suddenly appearing manhacks scared the crap about of me.
Especially in close quarters.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Jarek Mace said:
Woodsey said:
Jarek Mace said:
No games really scare me AS A WHOLE.

Assassins Creed 2's halucination part made me get a bit worried.
What hallucination part? I've finished it so you can say.

OT: The caves/forts/elven ruins in Oblivion.

Freaky shit.
Playing as Desmond? Where he gets the orangutang skills?
Ooh yes OK, hallucination and that just didn't connect.

dthvirus

Oct 2, 2008
The Ayleid/Elven ruins and caves in Oblivion were notorious for this. The caves play a 'Tension' music that persists even if you've cleared everything that moves in the damned cave. The ruins are damned scary because I like to play a sneaky character, and some enemies (Dread Zombie/Specter) take so many hits to take down and sneak up on you.

And when you're strolling the Wasteland in Fallout 3, and you ignore a strange clicking noise. A minute later, you start taking damage, so you turn around and promptly jump out of your seat upon seeing a train of three Giant Radscorpions and seven lesser ones following you.

Donnyp said:
Fallout 3 in the Dunwich Building. Aside from that not much.
This. Very much this. If you actually stop and listen to all the recordings that explain the backstory... urgh. Also, the building is haunted. Open doors will slam shut. Never again will I go there.

Whelp

Feb 16, 2009
System Shock 1 scared the shit out of me back then, even more so than Ultima Underworld 2.

No game has managed to scare me ever again, even as graphics and sound made quantum leaps since then.

EDIT: I also remember being scared shitless by Splatterhouse 2 on the Mega Drive/Genesis... but I was only 10 at that time, so it's probably okay. ^^

KrakFoxx

Oct 29, 2009
Bioshock near the beginning where you go in to some room and then theres steam everywhere, i was expecting the same thing as when you find the shotgun so i stepped away and the fog cleared, later on i come back, walk halfway across the room then it all goes foggy and im suddenly facing a wall, i turn around to try and figure out where i am and right behind me was a splicer. Jesus Christ i shat myself and had to leave the game for a bit...killed him later tho

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
Some points of HL2 were tense but in my opinion, not scary. FEAR and DOOM 3 on the other hand scared the crap out of me. I could not get past the first level of both those games even when FEAR's first level had no enmies as far as I know.

EDIT: oh and Fallout 3 and the Dunwich Building

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
if they made a horror game with the original mgs control system that would be scary because that game was so hard to attack in