Aug 18, 2009
fable 2. the hollow men.
a lot of the soundtrack too actually.

& oblivion.
motherfucking mudcrabs.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
2 words: Dunwich Building

I had a feral's dropping down from above me. I remember finding myself yelling "SHIT SHIT SHIT" while trying to run out of there. I forgot to pick up Fawkes when I got back from the Pit too, so I went in without anyone to aid me. I get the feeling that if I had Fawkes with me the place would have been a lot less scary.

bcponpcp27

Jan 9, 2009
Tuddle said:
Fallout 3 when I was first playing it, I did not want to leave the vault, The Capital Wasteland scared me I did not know what was out there. Plus I was afraid of dieing in the game, believe it or Not!
When I first ran into ghouls when I was going to Galaxy New Radio I freaked.

Cacti Pants

Nov 12, 2009
Don't know if anyone's said this, but Luigi's Mansion, god damn it.

All of those damn dark rooms, random ghosts popping up, holy shiiit.

EDIT:
Oh, also Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2. I was so scared to go out and even ATTEMPT to kill/gather/whatever things cos I loved all my little babies and was terrified of them dying :<

That, and the fact of holy crap how gross some of the monsters were.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
I never actually played a silent hill game but I've watched others play them and the level of tension is certainly above that of a generic slasher flick. My friend Mike was playing and about four of us were watching, including his future wife. As he entered a locker room, an incessant knocking began. As he approached the lockers, it suddenly stopped. When he went to leave, a bloody corpse suddenly flung itself out of the locker. Future wife screamed. I about pissed my pants from the laughter.

Turing

Dec 25, 2008
Alien versus Predator 1, playing as a marine. I usually just stood in a corner with my night-vision turned on. Was too afraid to move cause then the aliens would get me!

Susurrant

Nov 13, 2009
Bioshock, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines
Bioshock terrified me, I couldn't play it alone with the sound on. The ambient sound scared the crap out of me, not to mention the environment itself.
Bloodlines' mansion level scared the crap out of me.
Fallout 3 also spooked me, especially when I was alone in the middle of the Wasteland. Also, giant radscorpions.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Honestly I can't think of any games that scare me that weren't meant to. Like Fatal Frame I'm not ashamed to say it scared me. Sometimes Counter-Strike scares me I guess because when it's silent and someone sneaks up behind you it can make you jump but that's about it.

Nazz3

Sep 11, 2009
MGS3, when i saw the nightmare. And also MGS2, the last codec call was so weird, it was scary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUVUu4POOsA&feature=related

Kafloobop

Nov 11, 2009
Endless Ocean, 90% of the time it's completely fine and relaxing but the other 10 percent your 400ft below the surface in some giant chasm.The only source of light you have is a flashlight thats as effective as an candle(might I remind you your underwater) the music is eerie, and the giant squids, sperm whales, megamouth sharks, and other various massive creatures keep popping up out of fucking nowhere. I don't know how many heart attacks i've gotten just by turning around to find out that theres a sperm whale 4 feet away from me.

SweetNess_666

Sep 2, 2009
miracleofsound said:
Dead Space made me jump many a time. The regenerating necromorph had me a nervous wreck during the chase scene.

Fallout 3 has made me jump more times than any other game though... turning around to find a Deathclaw about to rip your face off, or hearing the horrible click of Giant Radscorpion legs in my headphones... (runs away)
same here dead space holy shit scary stuff! Especially on impossible scared the hell outta me lol

Helimocopter

Oct 5, 2009
condemned 2: i freaked out(along with three of my friends) because looked in one of the mirrors in the apartment complex, not expecting a methhead to pop up, and the fucking bear scene

one time whilst playing fallout 3 i walked through a doorway to discover 3 deathclaws all charging at me

I died and nearly pissed myself laughing

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Scariest PS3 title for me, it's a sad sentence but like a poster above stated, when you play something like Condemned or Dead Space, you're expected to be freaked out.

Now the Bunker section in Drake's Fortune... had me wound up a little tight.

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
Giantcain said:
banjo kazooie clankers cavern and rusty bucket bay
Those caused me panic attacks when I was 8. I developed a fear of sharks cause of that Beach Level when you fall in the water. Gave me nightmares for a month straight. :|

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Donkey Kong 64 scared me as a child and still gives me nightmares from time to time...

Rock 'n' Soul

Nov 15, 2009
I was about 8 when Diablo came out and I remember being stoked to play it. Then I did, and it scared the shit out of me. That was the end of that one.

Also, Silent Hill 2 kinda freaked me out. Probably not the best idea to pop it in during the middle of the night while my parents were out. I guess I was about 12 then.

But even still, I think to this day I would probably be a little creeped by Silent Hill. Oh, and Resident Evil Zero was my introduction to the series, which I never finished for the same reason.

I probably couldn't have made it through RE5 if it wasn't for the co-op.

QQ they're just games!

relish

Nov 27, 2009
Donnyp said:
Fallout 3 in the Dunwich Building. Aside from that not much.
This, my mom came into the room and ask why I was screaming so much. I told her to look and she started to scream too. We watched a funny movie after it just to get it out of our minds. D: