Games we want but aren't holding our breath for

The Goat Tsar

Mar 17, 2010
Another F-Zero game. It's the only racing series I've ever liked.

A Republic Commando sequel. Such a good game with such a cliffhanger ending.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Capcom VS SNK 3 would be so very nice, especially if done with 2D HD sprites.

Star Ocean 5. I still consider 3 to be a giant kick in the balls storyline wise and 4 was pretty good but not great, but I still want more of the series.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
G00N3R7883 said:
Half Life 3 and KOTOR 3 have already been mentioned, but they can have another vote from me.
And another!

I would like a proper Suikoden game please. Not a spin off, but Suikoden VI.

A X-Wing reboot. Rogue Squadron on the N-64 and GameCube were good, but they didn't capture the feel of that old DoS game.

A Killzone game that actually plays and feels like the trailers they're always putting out. None of this lone wolf/small group stuff that all the games had ended up doing. I want to be in the middle of a raging battlefield, surrounded by enemies and friends, and fighting for my life.

The Ninja Gaiden game where you play as Ayane and Kasumi. It was hinted at in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, but it never came to be.

Treeberry

Nov 27, 2013
Clock Tower sequel or reboot or remake or remaster or whatever. I doubt a sequel will ever happen and reboots tend to be flashy at first sight, too linear and half-assed. (Okay, not all of them are like that, I've just been disappointed by a few.)

A sequel or successor to Haunting Ground.

*cough* Rune Factory 4 and Shin Megami Tensei 4...and Yakuza 5 *cough*

I'd love to see a game that captures the spirit of something like Streets of Rage - or Escape From New York - with modern day mechanics. Especially if you have the freedom to explore the city.

UmberHulk

Jun 4, 2014
Max Payne 4, yeah I know Max Payne 3 came out fairly recently but I still want more
Anacronox 2, don't you hate it when games end on a cliff hanger that never gets resolved
A good banjo kazooy sequel
and finely a sequel to Clive Barkers undying

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Well, I'd love to see a sequel to Beyond Good & Evil, but Ubisoft apparently derives some kind of perverse, fucked-up pleasure from dangling the prospect of just considering making the game in front of the fans. They've even used it as a selling point for some of their games. "Oh, you want BG&E 2? Well, if you buy these games from us we might just think about making it! Maybe."

So...yeah. Not holding my breath for that one.

Nor am I holding my breath for a Psychnauts sequel. Especially after Notch's unbelievably brash dick move in hyping up the fans, promising funds and collaboration with Tim Schafer, and culminating it all by saying, "Egh, I'm bored. Don't wanna do it anymore." just as the deals were set to be signed.

I'd also love to see a good, contemporary sequel or remake/reboot of the old Zork games. Though, I'm not even sure who owns the rights to it nowadays, and I get the feeling whoever does just doesn't give a damn.

Same goes for a new Lode Runner. It's still one of my favorite puzzle game series.

For that matter, a modern day version of Populous: The Beginning would probably be a lot of fun too.

I could list Half-Life 3 and Left 4 Dead 3, but considering the mounting evidence that they're both deep in active development there's not much point in pegging them as "not holding my breath for" scenarios. Same can be said for Doom.

Ooh! I got one. A proper sequel to Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. I loved those games so much.

Come to think of it, a sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day would be pretty fantastic as well.

Hmm, thinking further I realize that I'd especially love to see a modern day iteration of MechWarrior. (and no, MechWarrior Online doesn't count) I'm thinking something that's akin to, say, Battlefield meets Titanfall (as in large scale battles featuring a mixture of vehicular, Mech, and on-foot combat). It could be glorious. Made doubly so with a proper campaign. However, given the muddled nature of IP ownership of the series, I don't see that happening for a very long time; if ever.

Ihateregistering1 said:
Homeworld 3. Bring back The Beast!
Ahem...

--> http://blackbirdinteractive.com/

Your wish has been granted.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Vigormortis said:
Ihateregistering1 said:
Homeworld 3. Bring back The Beast!
Ahem...

--> http://blackbirdinteractive.com/

Your wish has been granted.
Yeah I knew about Shipbreakers, but unfortunately (at least as the game currently is) it doesn't look like it's gonna fit the bill.

http://homeworld.wikia.com/wiki/Homeworld:_Shipbreakers

"Unlike Homeworld, Homeworld 2 and Homeworld: Cataclysm, Shipbreakers will not be set in space."

It might end up being a great game, but to me, Homeworld should take place in space, that's as much a part of its identity as, say, having GDI and NOD in a Command and Conquer game (Red Alert notwithstanding).

Nixou

Jan 20, 2014
Well, I'd love to see a sequel to Beyond Good & Evil, but Ubisoft apparently derives some kind of perverse, fucked-up pleasure from dangling the prospect of just considering making the game in front of the fans

Ubisoft is a french company: If you didn't know that the world's best lovers also did master the ancient and subtle art of cock blocking, well, now you know :p

Anyway, Am I the only one to notice that virtually everything in this wish lists are sequels? And then people complain about devs being so risk-averse...

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Ihateregistering1 said:
Yeah I knew about Shipbreakers, but unfortunately (at least as the game currently is) it doesn't look like it's gonna fit the bill.

http://homeworld.wikia.com/wiki/Homeworld:_Shipbreakers

"Unlike Homeworld, Homeworld 2 and Homeworld: Cataclysm, Shipbreakers will not be set in space."

It might end up being a great game, but to me, Homeworld should take place in space, that's as much a part of its identity as, say, having GDI and NOD in a Command and Conquer game (Red Alert notwithstanding).
Thing is, it's become clear that the game has undergone some pretty drastic changes since the renaming from Hardware: Shipbreakers to Homeworld: Shipbreakers. For all we know it may in fact feature some form of space-based combat.

It may not, of course, and I'm not assuming either scenario. All I'm saying is: Don't give up hope. As a fellow, long-time Homeworld fan I'm in the same boat as you.

Rahkshi500

May 25, 2014
Half-Life 2 Episode 3/Half-Life 3
Left 4 Dead 3
Another S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game.
Condemned 3
Another Fire Emblem game.
Another Metroid game.
Another World of Darkness game, preferably one that doesn't focus on vampires for a change of pace.

Danny Dowling

May 9, 2014
Nixou said:
Well, I'd love to see a sequel to Beyond Good & Evil, but Ubisoft apparently derives some kind of perverse, fucked-up pleasure from dangling the prospect of just considering making the game in front of the fans

Ubisoft is a french company: If you didn't know that the world's best lovers also did master the ancient and subtle art of cock blocking, well, now you know :p

Anyway, Am I the only one to notice that virtually everything in this wish lists are sequels? And then people complain about devs being so risk-averse...
Well, it's natural really. it's easier to think "I wish there was another game like X or a sequel to Y does [this] way" than to think about a whole new game.

I want some sort of strategy game, kind of somewhere in the realms of being a MOBA but not quite. It's hard to explain, but basically I'd like some kind of new competitive strategic experience to come and storm the gaming world.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
As mentioned above, I'd love to see NFSU 3. I vastly prefered the Underground series because I liked fixing up cars I might realistically be able to own.

I'd also love to see a new entry in the Disaster Report series, as well as an actual sequel to Steambot Chronicles, though that seems excessively unlikely at best right now.

Catfood220 said:
Dead Space 4
I'd like to see this as well, but a little different. I'd like to see a game where you were part of the original Sovereign Colonies expedition to Tau Volantis, and got to experience the mission going to hell around you.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
Yakuza 5.

it's over there... in it's island nation... yucking it up up at my inability to play it in a language I recognize.

CURSE YOU SEGA!!!

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Danny Dowling said:
The ultimate Pokemon game:
Span all regions, require you to gain all the gym badges in all regions with enhancements to the level system so that you can get through it all without having a team of level 100's by region 3 nuking every wild Ralts and Zigzagoon you come across. The potentially most epic adventure Nintendo had ever churned out first party within one of their most recognised worlds. It'd sell the Wii U.
All this, plus changing the battle system from turn based to action RPG like Kingdom Hearts or the Tales series would help. Fixing the enemy AI so it isn't dumb as bricks and balancing the game properly would help as well. Don't forget making it fully 3D like Coloseeum and Gale of Darkness were.

Of course, Pokemon is about as willing to change as a rock despite the fact that it REALLY needs it, so I don't expect it.

As for something original... I had thought up an idea for a game involving dinosaurs a long time ago. It was a sort of RTS/FPS/RPG/Fighter hybrid, and the description I had was pretty detailed so if anyone's interested I'll spoiler tag it:

Which genre it would be depends on if you control humans or small, weak but fast dinosaurs or large, slow, and resilent dinosaurs at the time. You move your unit around the map in a topdown view like most RTS's, and when you run into another enemy unit you *FLASH* and enter a battle arena which is based on the terrain of the RTS map you're in at the time (you're surrounded by trees if you're in a forest, in a narrow passage if in a mountain, etc.). If you're a human against a human, it's a standard First or third person shooter (you choose), but using whatever weapons and body armor you've got equipped at the time, as well as traps everywhere around the area you can use to trip your enemy up, such as snare traps or something, and they could do the same to you. If you're a human against a dinosaur, if it's a small dinosaur it's just a shooter with the aforementioned traps, but with a dumber opponent more likely to fall for traps and if you're up against a large dinosaur you can't beat it as human unless you're equipped with heavy ordinance and must use traps such as using a large boulder trap to drop on them or trick the dinosaur into dropping into a pit to damage it, or whatever (the dinos are stupid but the same dino won't fall for the same trap twice so you have to mix it up). If you're a small dinosaur it's basically the same as human but you must melee your enemy, and if you're a large dinosaur if you fight a human you must chase the human and get close to attack it while avoiding falling into traps. If it's same size dinos vs each other would be more like a fighting game, while small vs large would be pretty much like human vs large dinos. Of course, eventually tanks would enter the picture, fighting them would be like a smarter large dino that also needs heavy ordinance or traps to take out and can cause great damage but can't trigger most traps.

If you win the battle, depending on your enemy you'd get loot, weapons, armor and money for humans, tanks would be salvaged for metals used to craft weapons and armor and sometimes even fully repairable and thus useable and dino bones and skins with which to make various armors and primitive weapons (useful when you're out of ammo or don't have a gun at the time) or to be sold and sometimes eggs that you could later hatch and then be able to use the type of dinosaur you looted the egg from (unless you took out an egg eating dinosaur, in which case the species of the egg would be randomly selected).

You'd also get experience and thus level up, which would increase either the speed (how fast the unit moves during combat) defense (how much damage the unit can avoid taking before health is lost) HP(duh) accuracy (humans with weapons) and attack (damage you inflict obviously).

Humans would have body armor and either primitive or modern weapons to equip while dinosaurs would have to rely on their statistics to get them through.

This would probably be best as a mount and blade style RTS, with an open world to walk around in.
I don't really expect anything that detailed to be made or that well if anybody did. I haven't found anything even remotely similar to it either. In fact, games involving dinosaurs in general seem to be slim pickings.

Danny Dowling

May 9, 2014
immortalfrieza said:
Danny Dowling said:
The ultimate Pokemon game:
Span all regions, require you to gain all the gym badges in all regions with enhancements to the level system so that you can get through it all without having a team of level 100's by region 3 nuking every wild Ralts and Zigzagoon you come across. The potentially most epic adventure Nintendo had ever churned out first party within one of their most recognised worlds. It'd sell the Wii U.
All this, plus changing the battle system from turn based to action RPG like Kingdom Hearts or the Tales series would help. Fixing the enemy AI so it isn't dumb as bricks and balancing the game properly would help as well. Don't forget making it fully 3D like Coloseeum and Gale of Darkness were.

Of course, Pokemon is about as willing to change as a rock despite the fact that it REALLY needs it, so I don't expect it.

As for something original... I had thought up an idea for a game involving dinosaurs a long time ago. It was a sort of RTS/FPS/RPG/Fighter hybrid, and the description I had was pretty detailed so if anyone's interested I'll spoiler tag it:

Which genre it would be depends on if you control humans or small, weak but fast dinosaurs or large, slow, and resilent dinosaurs at the time. You move your unit around the map in a topdown view like most RTS's, and when you run into another enemy unit you *FLASH* and enter a battle arena which is based on the terrain of the RTS map you're in at the time (you're surrounded by trees if you're in a forest, in a narrow passage if in a mountain, etc.). If you're a human against a human, it's a standard First or third person shooter (you choose), but using whatever weapons and body armor you've got equipped at the time, as well as traps everywhere around the area you can use to trip your enemy up, such as snare traps or something, and they could do the same to you. If you're a human against a dinosaur, if it's a small dinosaur it's just a shooter with the aforementioned traps, but with a dumber opponent more likely to fall for traps and if you're up against a large dinosaur you can't beat it as human unless you're equipped with heavy ordinance and must use traps such as using a large boulder trap to drop on them or trick the dinosaur into dropping into a pit to damage it, or whatever (the dinos are stupid but the same dino won't fall for the same trap twice so you have to mix it up). If you're a small dinosaur it's basically the same as human but you must melee your enemy, and if you're a large dinosaur if you fight a human you must chase the human and get close to attack it while avoiding falling into traps. If it's same size dinos vs each other would be more like a fighting game, while small vs large would be pretty much like human vs large dinos. Of course, eventually tanks would enter the picture, fighting them would be like a smarter large dino that also needs heavy ordinance or traps to take out and can cause great damage but can't trigger most traps.

If you win the battle, depending on your enemy you'd get loot, weapons, armor and money for humans, tanks would be salvaged for metals used to craft weapons and armor and sometimes even fully repairable and thus useable and dino bones and skins with which to make various armors and primitive weapons (useful when you're out of ammo or don't have a gun at the time) or to be sold and sometimes eggs that you could later hatch and then be able to use the type of dinosaur you looted the egg from (unless you took out an egg eating dinosaur, in which case the species of the egg would be randomly selected).

You'd also get experience and thus level up, which would increase either the speed (how fast the unit moves during combat) defense (how much damage the unit can avoid taking before health is lost) HP(duh) accuracy (humans with weapons) and attack (damage you inflict obviously).

Humans would have body armor and either primitive or modern weapons to equip while dinosaurs would have to rely on their statistics to get them through.

This would probably be best as a mount and blade style RTS, with an open world to walk around in.
I don't really expect anything that detailed to be made or that well if anybody did. I haven't found anything even remotely similar to it either. In fact, games involving dinosaurs in general seem to be slim pickings.
not keen on a Kingdom Hearts battle system. A lot about the Pokemon battle system needs to be changed (I don't even really play the game and I can see that) but I think it needs to be fixed within the turn based system.

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
Gizmo1990 said:
An Assasin's creed game not set in the 18th century.
You mean like Assassin's Creed 1, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles, Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines, Assassin's Creed II: Discovery?

Just being a dick :D

Anyways, I'd like to see an AC game set in viking era time, a sequel to Deus Ex Human Revolution, a Tony Hawk game again, and a couple of other shit that isn't already an established game but in my mind the games are cool.