games were you hate the character you play as

Frankydee

Mar 25, 2009
Currently still working on Crisis Core and I hate the main character. He's so loud and his dialogue is so lame.

the combat is okay though.

lewism247

Aug 1, 2009
I HATE Lara Croft soooooooooo much
Also Raiden ,freakin' pansy oh and Sheva, why is she meant to be African but has a posh english accent!!!

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
i hated raiden ruined mgs , lara croft grunted too much and top heavy , navi the fairy made me want a can of raid , the mohawk guy in mercs 2 said the same fucking lines , niko from gta4 , and mario because he couldn't keep peach from getting kidnapped

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Ayumi, Lara Croft, The Apprentice, Rush from Last Remnant, Cappell from Infinite Undiscovery, Baldur from Too Human, Edward Carnby, Nico Bellic.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I hated Turok in the game of the same name for his somewhat unethical treatment of animals.
I hated Dante in Devil May Cry 4 for being a smug stuck prick and Nero for being a wuss.
I hated Alex Mercer in Prototype for being about as exciting and emotive as a lemon.
I hated Srgt Forge and all the Spartans in Halo Wars for not being as cool as the chief and for destroying the imagery of the elites to be noble powerful warriors to just being savage fools easily taken down.

There are others but I may have to get back to them, but as much as it pains me to say I cannot give too much hate for the Gears boys. Because although they are big obnoxious tough manly men, that fits the criteria of the genre. Besides they had Ben Carmine and he is loveable.

matnatz

Oct 21, 2008
Your pirate from Pirates! He's a smug bastard, just look at him, swinging around in his tight pants. The ****. Let's see if he's so smug when he's hanging there with a death erection. Yeah, I'd like to see that, the smug git, it'll wipe that shit-grin off of his face the bloody arse hole. I hope he gets syphilis from the governor's bike of a daughter.

Projo

Aug 3, 2009
lewism247 said:
Sheva, why is she meant to be African but has a posh english accent!!!
To be fair, if I recall correctly, she's from South Africa, which is pretty big on English (accents, language, people).

matnatz

Oct 21, 2008
Projo said:
lewism247 said:
Sheva, why is she meant to be African but has a posh english accent!!!
To be fair, if I recall correctly, she's from South Africa, which is pretty big on English (accents, language, people).
I'm English and I thought that she had a South African accent.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Jack Carver in Far Cry. He would never shut the f--- up.

The Protagonist in Rise of Legends actually got me to stop playing the game, his dialog was that bad.

Alex Denton. Such a poor ripoff of JC. :(

Robert632

May 11, 2009
the survivors in l4d. they had so much charecter development that didn't give a shit about.

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
O god how ive waited for this question.

The Bioshock guy
Marcus Fenix
Sgt Jackson in CoD4
Chris Redfield
Main guy in ANY of the Timesplitters games
Any character in L4D thats not Fracis
Army of Two, i hate them both
The original Red Faction guy
Master Cheif
Issac Clarke AT TIMES, not all the time mind you
Any of the TF2 characters. Ill admit ive never played, but regardless of how popular it is, the characters just seem annoying to me.
The Bioshock guy
Any of The Bouncer's characters sept for Koe, cause hes a smartass
The guy from Gungrave
The guy from Drekengard
The guy from Red Dead Revolver
The main guy from The Getaway
Maximo
Sly Cooper
Donkey Kong
The Bioshock guy
The guy you play as in The Summoner
The Characters from the first Baulder Gate Dark Alliance
That douchebag you play as in The Force Unleashed
Sgt Forge in Halo Wars
Mortal Kombat VS DC whenever you have to play as the DC characters
The Panzy main character of Run Like Hell
Sonic in any of his games after the Sega Genesis
Wolverine, cause i hate him period
The Brute Force characters
Ratchet and Clank when you have to control Clank
FFVIII cause whats his names a baby. Leon, Sion, or something like that
The Bioshock guy
Those are just to name a few

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
final fantasy: renevant wings i thought that the main character was completely immature and unlikeable.

also arkantos' son (cant remember his name) from age of mythology: titans. he just acted so stupidly, i felt no sympathy for him.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
Aside from Sonic the Hedgehog as the obvious choice and Sora from Kingdom Hearts, this will come as a surprise for a fan of the very game he's portayed in:
Megaman. Eight sequels and the massive array of alternate versions could have been avoided if he freaking killed the bloody lunatic who made these Robot Masters crazy in the first place.

Oersted from Live-A-Live counts too, for reasons you'll understand when you play the game.
He's the big bad. In all incarnations.