games were you hate the character you play as

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Anachronism said:
I didn't like any of the Gears characters. Marcus is an idiot, Dom is a bigger idiot, Baird is irritating and has a terrible voice actor, and the less said about Cole Train the better. God, I hated him. He was so obviously being groomed to be a fan favourite, which really irritated me because he was horrible! If you're going to create a character specifically so that people will like them, you can at least have the decency to do it well (see Minsc and HK-47). I'm not sure that Epic are able to create likeable characters.
Agreed. How is it that the guy
that dies at the beginning
garners a near legendary reputation?
because people could relate to him. he was the new guy, and we've all been there!
all the other characters are eccentric to their very names! and nobody can relate with an eccentric unless they are themselves eccentric.

GuerrillaClock

Jul 11, 2008
Uncharted. Nathan Drake is such an insufferable prick I was tempted to fling him off the edge of a cliff every time I was faced with one. None of his lines were funny, and he has a hateful face. In fact, I hate pretty much everything about him.

Emeli

Mar 9, 2009
Gimme a D!

Gimme a E!

Gimme a vil May Cry!

Dante, oh, how I hate thee.

There is nothing I like more than seeing Dante pierced through the eye with a monster spider leg, and collapsing onto the ground in a pool of his own blood. Oh yes.

Symp4thy

Jan 7, 2009
Hopefully I don't get flamed for this but I really hated Master Chief. I found him very boring, cliche, and unlikable. Luckily we got to play as Arbiter for a few levels.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Any JRPG there all the same effeminate boys with serious self-confidence problems...

That grinds my gears.

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
Uhm. Grandia II.
Final Fantasy X and X-2. Very good story, but I can't stand Tidus, nor the girlpower-Yuna.

Nov 28, 2007
Jark212 said:
Any JRPG there all the same effeminate boys with serious self-confidence problems...

That grinds my gears.
FFIX would like to have a word with you.

On-topic, FFXII. I'm sorry, but Vaan should not have been the main character. It should have been Basch, as it was intended to be before Vaan and Penelo appeared.

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Gordon freeman ,he just doens`t know when to STFU :D

in all seriousness any generic angry male/female character with poor voice acting out for revenge or whatever

TheZapper

Jul 11, 2009
Kaim from Lost Odyssey. They try to build him up as mysterious and brooding but then they completely throw this out the window and he starts crying in every other cutscene.

Gonad23

Aug 3, 2009
Marcus Fenix and his little sidekick Dom (whatever his bloody name is)are both completely void of personality.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I really hated playing as Alex Mercer in Prototype.

That's the only time I've ever really hated my character.

And I dislike Gordon Freeman, but at least he's silent.

BonerMacTittyPants

Aug 3, 2009
Master Chief - generic, bland, nothing special about him.
All the CO's from the Orange Star Army in the Advance Wars series. (Especially from Days of Ruin).

G0-T0 from Knights of The Old Republic II - Never taken him on a mission.

Assassin's creed - I think I hated Altair because he took his punishment, while I wanted to rebel against Al Mualim and his little club right from the start.

Now that we know how Soap MacTavish hair looks like - Call of Duty 4.

Remleiz

Jan 25, 2009
final fantasy 12

god, i hate the main character Vaan, he's like the most useless character in the game, and he's the main character but contributes absolutly nothing to the story, it's like he's just there by conincidence and it's just a pain

Remleiz

Jan 25, 2009
thebobmaster said:
Jark212 said:

That grinds my gears.
FFIX would like to have a word with you.

On-topic, FFXII. I'm sorry, but Vaan should not have been the main character. It should have been Basch, as it was intended to be before Vaan and Penelo appeared.
damn, ninja'd ¬_¬