games were you hate the character you play as

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
lewism247 said:
I HATE Lara Croft soooooooooo much
Also Raiden ,freakin' pansy oh and Sheva, why is she meant to be African but has a posh english accent!!!
Could it perhaps be an attempt at a South African accent? I haven't played RE5 yet and am in no big rush to do so, since it would involve spending several hundred dollars to upgrade my gaming system(s) to the latest generation.

Jul 29, 2009
dstryfe said:
notsosavagemessiah said:
Just about every FF character after FFIV. Minus zidane, he was tolerable.
Agreed. Cloud is obviously retarted, Squall is annoying, and Tidus chose Yuna. I mean, Tidus' tendancy to over-play the 'amnesia' is aggravating. Vaan is...Vaan.

Shion from Xenosaga. God, is she a *****.
Totally agreed.

ultra_v_89

Feb 7, 2008
0thello said:
Starke said:
What's with all the hatred of CJ from San Andreas. I found him remarkably sympathetic for a GTA player character.
You have to ask?

CJ is a black dude who rolls with gangstas, speaks with an accent and dialect these "good old boys" can't stand and is so far removed from these cats that of course they are going to hate the experience. Basically that one game they had to sit through was torture for 'em. Well congratulations guys you now know what it feels like for black dudes 99% of the time.

Turn about is fair play right?
Would you really say that the experience a white dude has playing CJ is similar to what a black dude has playing as, say , Gordon Freeman? Personally, I don't think its a matter of race as much as it is culture. Nobody would say anything against Louis from L4D but CJ was a crim who hung around with twats and spoke with such a thick street dialect, I had to put the game on mute just so I would stop jumping him under cars.
"Its CJ, fooool! You remember dat!"
I find pretty much all GTA main characters totally unlikable, however, thats probably due to the type of game it is. Anyone with aspirations of becoming a criminal kingpin is probably an intolerable douche. Expect when its a cross dressing, woman-voiced, fat dude ala Saints Row 2.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Vaan from FFXII.He's so damn annoying. Adds nothing to the plot, except being related to someone who was almost related to the plot.

rangerchandller

May 28, 2009
Lord Thodin said:
O god how ive waited for this question.

The Bioshock guy
Marcus Fenix
Sgt Jackson in CoD4
Chris Redfield
Main guy in ANY of the Timesplitters games
Any character in L4D thats not Fracis
Army of Two, i hate them both
The original Red Faction guy
Master Cheif
Issac Clarke AT TIMES, not all the time mind you
Any of the TF2 characters. Ill admit ive never played, but regardless of how popular it is, the characters just seem annoying to me.
The Bioshock guy
Any of The Bouncer's characters sept for Koe, cause hes a smartass
The guy from Gungrave
The guy from Drekengard
The guy from Red Dead Revolver
The main guy from The Getaway
Maximo
Sly Cooper
Donkey Kong
The Bioshock guy
The guy you play as in The Summoner
The Characters from the first Baulder Gate Dark Alliance
That douchebag you play as in The Force Unleashed
Sgt Forge in Halo Wars
Mortal Kombat VS DC whenever you have to play as the DC characters
The Panzy main character of Run Like Hell
Sonic in any of his games after the Sega Genesis
Wolverine, cause i hate him period
The Brute Force characters
Ratchet and Clank when you have to control Clank
FFVIII cause whats his names a baby. Leon, Sion, or something like that
The Bioshock guy
Those are just to name a few
For fucks sak just stop playing games! if your putting these people on the list coz they whine put yourself on there to!

Chester41585

Mar 22, 2009
I hated me in Civ 4. I couldn't stand to watch me build vast empires, crush the weak, double-cross allies, and ultimately crash my computer. I was an asshole.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
rangerchandller said:
The_ModeRazor said:
Alex Mercer from Prototype. He's just lacks any kind of likeable aspect.
Dude hesan Anti-hero HES NOT MENT TO BE LIKED.....retard
He's still the character you play as, and he's supposed to be the good one, ironically. Haven't played the game, but I learned a few things while playing with my brother.

Also, spelling and not badmouthing is important, so please avoid that and you might contribute more to the conversation.

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
rangerchandller said:
Lord Thodin said:

The Bioshock guy
Marcus Fenix
Sgt Jackson in CoD4
Chris Redfield
Master Cheif
Any of the TF2 characters. Ill admit ive never played, but regardless of how popular it is, the characters just seem annoying to me.
The Bioshock guy
The guy from Gungrave
The guy from Drekengard
Maximo
Sly Cooper
Donkey Kong
The Bioshock guy
Sgt Forge in Halo Wars
The Bioshock guy
For fucks sak just stop playing games! if your putting these people on the list coz they whine put yourself on there to!
Ill never stop playing video games. its a passion. I have a reason to dislike each and all of those characters. Not once is it because they whine. So there, its not that i hate them cause they whine so your entire argument is forfeit. Good day sir, and go back to making Machinima films alone in your studio apartment

0thello

Apr 2, 2009
ultra_v_89 said:
0thello said:
Starke said:
What's with all the hatred of CJ from San Andreas. I found him remarkably sympathetic for a GTA player character.
You have to ask?

CJ is a black dude who rolls with gangstas, speaks with an accent and dialect these "good old boys" can't stand and is so far removed from these cats that of course they are going to hate the experience. Basically that one game they had to sit through was torture for 'em. Well congratulations guys you now know what it feels like for black dudes 99% of the time.

Turn about is fair play right?
Would you really say that the experience a white dude has playing CJ is similar to what a black dude has playing as, say , Gordon Freeman?
Yep, I would say that. Gordan Freeman didn't talk though so it's a bit tougher to discern but a picture is worth a thousand words. Especially if you're seeing that picture in almost every game you ever play.

ultra_v_89 said:
Personally, I don't think its a matter of race as much as it is culture.
These two are pretty much inseperable. Especially in the perspective of how GTA works.

ultra_v_89 said:
Nobody would say anything against Louis from L4D but CJ was a crim who hung around with twats and spoke with such a thick street dialect, I had to put the game on mute just so I would stop jumping him under cars.
"Its CJ, fooool! You remember dat!"
Oh SOME people did & would. Louis was a token he does not undermine the basic premise.

Yegargeburble

Nov 11, 2008
miracleofsound said:
Dante.

I want to see that arrogant, floppy haired, smug prick get cooked on a spit and eaten by the god of terrible one liners.
Sorry, but I'm not into cooking people on a spit and eating them. No matter how terrible their one-liners are.

Now on topic:

Characters I hate:

My Farcry 2 character (by the by, have yet to beat the game). I honestly wanted to join up with the Jackal from the start. He sounded badass and arms dealing sounds like a pretty good job for a mercenary. But no, I have to hunt him down and kill him. Blegh.

Tidus. Oh God, Tidus. Everything about him makes me want to launch him into a black hole.

Lynx from Chrono Cross. I know you play as Serge trapped in his body, but still... I wanted to keep my own body, dammit!

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
FFX and FFXII, I hated Tidus and Vaan so much >_O I hunger for the days when they start making likable main characters for the Final Fantasy series again. So far XIII and Versus XIII are looking good though.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
rangerchandller said:
The_ModeRazor said:
Alex Mercer from Prototype. He's just lacks any kind of likeable aspect.
Dude hesan Anti-hero HES NOT MENT TO BE LIKED.....retard
Anti heroes are Meant to be liked. Someone not being a good guy doesn't mean he has to be a f*cking a.hole. Especially if he's the protagonist.
And don't go saying someone is a retard just because you don't aggree with them.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Yegargeburble said:
miracleofsound said:
Dante.

I want to see that arrogant, floppy haired, smug prick get cooked on a spit and eaten by the god of terrible one liners.
Sorry, but I'm not into cooking people on a spit and eating them. No matter how terrible their one-liners are.

]
You keep your lentil soup then, Yoko... I'll be feasting on the tainted flesh of Dante and Nero and throwing it back up in an orgy of demented bloodlust...

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Every character that either mute/has no personaltiy and I'm supposed to care about him
or (and that's worse)
a supercool badass marine/soldier/mercenary. God I hate them...

lewism247

Aug 1, 2009
I guess so but she's still annoying.Always stating the obvious and taking stuff and using at terrible times(she shot me in the back with a once)

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Lord Thodin said:

The Bioshock guy
Marcus Fenix
Sgt Jackson in CoD4
Chris Redfield
Master Cheif
The Bioshock guy
The guy from Gungrave
The guy from Drekengard
Maximo
Sly Cooper
Donkey Kong
The Bioshock guy
Sgt Forge in Halo Wars
The Bioshock guy
You said The Bioshock Guy twice..

EDIT: 3 times even.. You have issues

Edit, NUMBAH 2: OT: Gordon Freeman. He's just a spineless ***** without a personality

kamario

Jul 11, 2009
harry potter... i bought the "Chamber of secrets" game ages ago and harry was a douche