Games with a better PC version.

Veritasiness

Feb 19, 2010
All Valve games ever, full stop.

Why?

Free DLC, free updates, engine improvements, and tons of custom maps, mods, and campaigns. The only game this doesn't apply to is Portal, and even that had Portal: Prelude.

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
Sacman said:
Martin Toy said:
All of them. Because Mouse and Keyboard will always be superior! Apart from GTAIV because that was the worst port in the world....
Yeah actually the only game I can think of that wasn't better on the PC was Resident Evil 4... [small][sub]No mouse support? WTF!?[/sub][/small]
yeah I mean no mouse control, it was a real pain in the ass to ply it on pro, but fuck if any game will ever defeat me I made it, with no recorded deaths.

TheBaron87

Jul 12, 2010
All of them. Give one possible reason any game would be better on anything other than PC, and you can't say because they play better with controllers because you can plug PS3 and 360 controllers into a PC or any other of dozens of usb controllers, joysticks, and steering wheels. Because of LIVE? Seriously? That's exactly why I don't have a 360. Paying a subscription for the same features PC gamers have been getting for over a decade, and not half as well optimized? Who needs LIVE chat when we have xfire? Who needs friends lists and achievements when we have Steam? Who needs DLC when we've been getting free patches? And the price? Any modern internet-equipped home will have a some kind of computer in it anyway, you don't have to pay for a completely new PC, just upgrade it and it will cost roughly the same as a console.

So what do the other platforms have?

migo

Jun 27, 2010
bahumat42 said:
migo said:
efeat said:
migo said:
Have to disagree with Mirror's Edge, quick turn is rather necessary and having it mapped to the shoulder buttons lets you do moves that are otherwise insanely hard with keyboard and mouse
Quick turn exists in the PC version too.
The implementation is crap. Q is an awful place for it by default, and there isn't really anything better that could be done with it. F might work, but there's nothing as straightforward as the shoulder buttons. It's very obvious that the control scheme was designed with the DualShock in mind.
how about the extra mouse buttons? im not saying that most pc games have the stupid over the top extra 20 buttons on the mouse things, but its not uncommon for mouses to have 3-4 extra buttons in an affordable price range
That is a workable solution, yes, and I suppose it isn't unreasonable to expect a PC gamer to get a variety of input methods, at the same time though, you're still better off just hooking up a gamepad to play Mirror's Edge, and don't really get any sort of advantage playing on the PC, unless you have a 2GB Radeon 5980 and a 6-core CPU.

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
Mirror's Edge: a lot lot prettyer although controls felt a bit stiff, but as I have heard the console version suffered from that problem too.
Fallout 3: less bugs.
Mass Effect: better looking and more userfriendly interface.
Half-life 2: a lot better looking.
All the C&C games: all console versions suffered from bad controls.
Doom 3: better looking, better controls and coop, and why is coop bad, because if you have someone watching your back in game like Doom 3 it's no fun.