Games with the worst voice acting in the world.

Atsumi_Warrior

Dec 15, 2010
Hello everyone!
Bored, so lets make a fun topic to get away from all this "Mass Effect QQing"
After many years of playing games and having to look at very silly peoples opinions on gaming. what is the worst or most boring voice acting you have ever heard in a game?

Personally i think either Clive Barker's Undying or alien V predator 2004 for the pc
Games i honestly could not stand was Call of duty voice acting. Had the game muted start to finish.

Jan 13, 2012
I would say Killzone 3. Not because it was bad, it was because it just sounded off.

Also Fallout NV. It had a few bland voices that were just reused way too much. Matthew Perry was a nice touch though.

I thought Call of Duty had some pretty good voice acting. Well except Black Ops.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Dynasty Warriors 3

But at least it's funny(and not annoying) and in a way actually makes the game more enjoyable.

However, I don't think that was intentional...

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
The voice acting for Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean was really fucking awful, I could only stomach it for about 5 minutes before I turned it off.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
Resident Evil 1, it's so bad it's laughable. Here's an example:

*gun shot* What is it?!

*sees blood on floor* "What is it?!" "Blood"

*undead comes towards them* "Barry! It's a monster" *Barry brings death to the undead* "What is it?!"

*guy has a huge snake bite on his shoulder and is dying, blood squirts out of wound* "... ouch!"

...yeah. Maybe they sound tame here, but when you actually play the game and hear them spoken... uggh, facepalms abound.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Although the game had great voice acting in general, the Dawn of war soulstorm expansion introduced a little something called "SPESS MAHEENS!!! FOR TEH EMPRAH!" We will always remember that commander, with his great battle cry of bad voice acting.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
The most recent game I've seen with horrible voice acting is Starpoint Gemini. Literally 2 voice actors covering every character in the game. Including all the ambient vocals. It absolutely tears any possibility of immersion apart.

Towowo2

Feb 6, 2009
You can't make a thread about bad voice acting without mentioning anything about House of the Dead 2.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Yeah that Soulstorm expansion had amazingly bad voice acting. It's so bad it's good actually.

SPESS MAHREENS!

And the phrasing of the "we shall not die! No!" etc is really weird in my opinion.

Oh and sometimes Cap. Price in the MW games. Just because they make him use certain wording/phrases that an person born and raised in the UK would be unlikely to use. Doubt anyone outside the UK would notice that though.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
There are better examples, mostly from the Resident Evil series, but this one will always have a special place in my heart.

BathorysGraveland said:
...yeah. Maybe they sound tame here, but when you actually play the game and hear them spoken... uggh, facepalms abound.

Another classic.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
These kind of vids always crack me up.
No voice acting thread is complete without Chaos Wars though.
The music and the stoned voice acting together creates such a discord, I cannot help but laugh.
It's terrible though. Probably the worst.

Xenowolf

Feb 3, 2012

"I'M THE PRESIDENT OF THIS GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!11!!11!"

Also, the voice acing for Child Lucas in Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy:

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Yet more Chaos Wars...

Every scene is absolutely awful, they gathered a bunch of homeless children and drug addicts and got them to read lines. No acting at all. Though I think the script would be terrible even with half-decent voice actors. KEE KEE KEE!!! The massive array of characters probably doesn't help.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While I love Guild Wars, the voice actings weren't exactly great well in GW Faction-