Games you actually found boring

pulse2

May 10, 2008
Not bad because even bad can keep you awake if it's frustrating and certainly not good, just slap bang bloody boring and worthy of going right back to the shop.

Has any game seriously tested your patience to the max, either taking too long to get to the juicy parts or you simply found the gameplay mechanics far too dry, monotonous and easy to be considered worthy of your brain usage.

That might not mean the game is bad, it simply wasn't your cup of tea.

jakko12345

Dec 23, 2010
Final fantasy 13 comes to mind. Seriously, 6 hours in and pretty much nothing had happened, so i gave up.

On an related note, i feel i should include an obligatory comment on how Deus Ex 3 is quite the opposite, and is fucking awesome

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
CoD Black Ops. Played a couple of hours, dropped it. The singleplayer that is, I still enjoyed the multiplayer at the time. Just a shooting gallery. Nothing else to it.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
ninjapenguin1414 said:
L.A. Noire was boring as hell I stopped playing it it was so boring
It felt like work... Worse, it felt like work crossed with that dream where you're in a car but can't drive, and can't convince people that that's the case no matter how many pedestrians you hit.
The first couple of cases it felt fresh and new and all that, but then it just started wearing on me.

NickKuroshi0

Dec 23, 2010
duke nukem and bourne conspiracy:
In duke everyone is an idiot no matter what you draw on the chalkboard and both games story and gameplay was so repetitive it was criminal.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Fallout 3

now here's the thing, I enjoyed almost all my playthrough of it, then when I reached level 21, it started wearing out
then I just couldn't stand it anymore

and I haven't even got near getting more than the half of the locations found, and I had the explorer perk
and both DLCs I had weren't all that interesting either, The Pitt and Operation Anchorage

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Metal Gear Solid 4.

I had to break my "Never Skip Cutscenes on the First Playthrough" rule for that game.

Also God of War 3 got boring after a while because the cutscenes are UNSKIPPABLE! Where was that in all the reviews? Even Yahtzee didn't mention it.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
'Afrika'. I don't even know if it was released outside Japan. A PS3 'safari' game where you were a photographer for a National Geographic-clone magazine. Ok .. actually hiding in some bushes to take pictures of lions I'm sure is really damned cool - IN REAL LIFE. When it's a simulation of sitting in a bush waiting for a lion to fucking YAWN, you get the shits real quick. And goddamnit ... when I approached the hippo too closely he would get angry and charge me .... and poof! Suddenly I'm back at camp. I didn't even get to watch a hippo crush my puny human form into the mud. :( Nice music though ... good views of Afrika ... but srsly, I'd rather watch a National Geographic doco.

EDIT:
teh_Canape said:
Fallout 3
snip snip
Goddamn man ... screw the main story ... the whole point of Fallout is exploration, and you didn't even bother .. ! Get it on PC, whack in a bunch of mods. Slap bang best game in existence.

Jaloopa

Jul 7, 2011
Gran Turismo 2.
I sunk hours and hours into it. I kept thinking it would get fun once I got some slightly better cars, but even when I could get the 2,000,000 credits for the best cars relatively quickly I still wasn't enjoying it.

I didn't give 3 or 4 anything like the same benefit of the doubt. When the license tests in 3 were even slower than 2 I stopped playing pretty much immediately

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
SammiYin said:
Portal. There I said it, we were all thinking it.
Yeah the humor kept me playing, but after I finished it I never started it up again.

Still a good game though, imo.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Duke Nukem Forever, if it was bad I could accept that but it was just SOOOO BORING I couldn't continue. it was just there. nothing else

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Jim Grim said:
CoD Black Ops. Played a couple of hours, dropped it. The singleplayer that is, I still enjoyed the multiplayer at the time. Just a shooting gallery. Nothing else to it.
Good lord, I thought I'd finally forgotten about that piece of utter tripe. CoD:BlOps is literally the first game that left me dizzy and nauseous when I stopped playing.

Added to that was 'the Witcher'... *snore*

It started out... OK, had a bit of promise, the nudie card was... a pleasant surprise, but for about 50hrs, I just felt like a fucking gambling addicted courier!