Games you actually found boring

violent_quiche

May 12, 2011
A couple of thoughts:
-A lot of folk seem to have played sequels to originals they found boring. Typically if I hate the first game I'm not all that drawn to the next one.

-I would have nominated FO3 until I went back and replayed it. My initial response to the environment and denizens was negatve- everything so depressed and destroyed, it wasn't a world I wanted to live in. But I gave it another go, set up home in Megaton and checked in for an hour or two each day until next thing you know, I'm 120 hours down and barely done. It is absolutely about the journey, not the destination. Once I started making choices, affecting that world and getting a sense of "life going on" regardless of the destruction, I fell in love with the Capital Wasteland... or at least the bits without feral ghouls and giant radscorpions in them. For something so seemingly desolate, it was remarkably full of life

-nice to know I'm not the only person disppointed by LA Noire. That one burned- I really wanted it to work and it seemed to offer something fresh, but the mechanics drove me nuts*, the story ran on a rails and I never felt like I actually was the character I was playing. In the end I just raced through the later cases with a guide so I could see the conclusion and sell it on while it was still worth something. If you just want to tell a story, make a movie.

*I could never get the hang of interrogations, the action sections didn't measure up, and guiding Cole around a crime scene was like trying to steer a cow through a hedge maze.

Sam_P

Aug 29, 2011
Borderlands springs to mind. Got it on the back of the good reviews it got. Probably shouldn't have bothered.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Both Portal games I found boring (dont kill me escapist) even though I like puzzle games I never found the concept of portal that appealing and it wasn't that funny in my opinion but then again maybe I had to play till the end of portal 2 to find any humour.

Musette

Pacifist Percussionist
Apr 19, 2010
Pretty much every 2D Mario game that I've ever tried has bored me to tears. I try to like them, but they can never hold my attention for very long.

szakalt

Mar 7, 2011
Mass Effect 2, Bad Company 2 singleplayer, Counter Strike Condition Zero Deleted Scenes, WoW,

Mount

Jul 7, 2011
fogelmir said:
Any JRPG with Atelier in the title. They made tons of these things. Who's Playing them?
That'd be me... <_<

Granted I haven't yet finished one.. I keep wandering off to do other stuff, then when I get back I can't remember WTH I was doing and I have to start over...

Antwerp Caveman

Jan 19, 2010
Metal Dungeon (X-Box)
Halo 3
Force Unleashed 2 (short, only 3 levels)
Mass Effect 1 and 2 (nothing Bioware hasn't done before and better)

Ravnican

Jul 19, 2010
I feel like I'm going to draw a lot of heat for this, but I had this happen to me with The Longest Journey. I mean it looked great (for it's time), had good voice actors, (some) likeable characters and a solid musical score, but it got so freaking boring I just couldn't bring myself to finish it. The moon logic puzzles didn't help either.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Resident Evil 5.

I'm not fully sure why, but I suspect it's because they just rehashed absolutely everything 4 already did, right down to the racism. And the fact that they reverted the inventory system back to that stupid fucking X by Y grid completely ruined it all.

Inbe4 retards, I say it's racist because it's twice a white American shooting Spaniards and Africans. Go look at Nathan Drake before you say anything else.