Games you actually found boring

ks1234

Mar 12, 2011
Fallout: New Vegas (fallout 3 rocked my fucking face off tho), Borderlands, Far Cry 1&2, HalfLife 2... those are just the ones off the top of my head, yeah, fuck those games.

SimpleJack

Feb 3, 2011
SammiYin said:
Portal. There I said it, we were all thinking it.
No. Just you...I'm sorry.

Seriously though, I thought that Army of Two was kinda boring... It was really just another cover based shooter that wasnt even funny or charming or anything...

zspartancats

Jul 5, 2011
Borderlands.

You can only shoot the same things for a while before being tired of it. Which was like an hour into the game.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. you may now chase me with pitchforks

oh and the witchter...but I tried..I really did try

CheeksMcGraw

Aug 15, 2009
Borderlands was okay but it became repetitive halfway through. I forced myself to finish the game to find the ending terribly unrewarding.

meowchef

Oct 15, 2009
Halo CE
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo Reach
Call of Duty Black Ops
Fallout 3
Bioshock
Red Dead Redemption
PROTOTYPE
Starcraft 2

tso0001

Mar 18, 2010
chrono16 said:
internetzealot1 said:
Red Dead Redemption
Fable 2
Just Cause 2
Oh MAN Just Cause 2! I got it and was awesome for like 30 minutes then I got bored.... lol
haha, I agree. And I found Fallout 3 pretty boring...and very depressing (although kudos to Bethesda for doing a good job at making the world so bleak and depressing)

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Just cause 2. I just didn't get it. I played for an hour trying my hardest to try to enjoy myself but, everything felt so clunky and dirty to me. This coming from a guy that regularly enjoys GTA4. And Xenosaga. I don't care how good the story is. With combat this bad it should have been a book.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Problem with threads like these, I see people reeling off the names of truly top-quality games and my faith in gamer culture drops like an absolute rock... personal taste is fine, but if you can claim some of the games on the 'unquestionable' list to be boring, then gaming probably isn't for you. Titles left out so nobody bitches, basically.

Also, OT, The Witcher 2. I really gave it a try, but the experience is so half baked and sloppy. Looks gorgeous, the world seems interesting, but the game doesn't do anything with it. Basically, I refer to Yahtzee's review. I want my £20 back.

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
Borderlands. About one third through the game, I found a set of guns that worked for me, and guns I picked up after that weren't as good. Kinda ruins an experience that's selling itself on weapon overload. Plus I found the world and the enemies to be bland and repetitive. If it didn't have co-op, I probably wouldn't have played it for as long as I did.

I've been going through my backlog of games that I've picked up over this generation but haven't had time to play, and I'm finally at Oblivion. I don't know if I'd put it in this list, but it's on the line. I'm not completely bored with it, but I don't get home eager to pick it up and play it either.

NeoShinGundam

May 2, 2009
My Dad couldn't even make it out of the Vault in Fallout 3 because he thought it was so boring. Me, I found the experience refreshing because it WASN'T just shooting things for the crime of existing.

pulse2

May 10, 2008
ZombieGenesis said:
Problem with threads like these, I see people reeling off the names of truly top-quality games and my faith in gamer culture drops like an absolute rock... personal taste is fine, but if you can claim some of the games on the 'unquestionable' list to be boring, then gaming probably isn't for you. Titles left out so nobody bitches, basically.

Also, OT, The Witcher 2. I really gave it a try, but the experience is so half baked and sloppy. Looks gorgeous, the world seems interesting, but the game doesn't do anything with it. Basically, I refer to Yahtzee's review. I want my £20 back.
I don't think its necessarily the fact that they want to bash popular games, and I don't think it has much to do with the quality of the game either, sometimes no matter what the quality of the game is to everyone else, you just can't appreciate it in the same way as everyone else.

To put a game into the good quality / bad quality brackets is to almost damn those games that are seen as bad quality by the majority but to the minority are hidden and unique gems that stand out amongst most games. If you find FPS games boring, you are going to say that Modern Warfare put you to sleep for example, but i want to know why, and if your reply is that you thought it was just a shooting gallery and can't understand what all the hype was about, then fairplay.

I'm not going to lie, I found Black Ops boring, as great as everyone said it was, other than zombie mode, the rest of it to me was pretty meh, yet I played Homeworld and have found untold fun in it. Opinions ey :)

Hipsy_Gypsy

Jun 2, 2011
I have to admit, I found the two Dead Rising games and Devil May Cry quite boring. The latter I tend to get stuck on somehow but I'm just not motivated to try for too long so I just give up fairly quickly. As in, "Oh, I've to work something out. Eh." then I'll probably stop playing it after a mere hndful of attempts whereas with other games, I'd keep trying til I get it.

EDIT: Oh aye, and Final Fantasy X. I would say Final Fantasy games in general but I hated X so much that I didn't want to bother. Still don't. Though that being said, I find most turn based strategy games notoriously boring.

x

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Basically any non-mmo/co-op game with grinding. unless I'm doing it with friends (lol), it's just monotonous and it feels like work. Why the hell should I be working during my free-time, when plenty of good games just let me have fun? Then again, when I was a kid, I used to love those sorts of games, so I guess I just grew out of them.

GigaHz

Jul 5, 2011
Final Fantasy 13
Oblivion
The Witcher
Halo
Zelda Series
Diablo 2
Minecraft (at least resource gathering/digging)
Assassin's Creed
Boarderlands
Catherine
Gears of War
Resistance