Games you admit playing on easy.

goldendriger

Dec 21, 2010
Damn...has been a while since i easy moded a game. But im sure it was probably Fallout NV, Because id completed it, and stuck it on easy mode to dick around, i always stick my games on the hardest setting it'll allow, because im hardcore and thats how i roll =)

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Lots of games. What is there to "admit"? Is there something wrong about playing on easy now?

Currently its Virtua Tennis 4, and christ, I am so bad at this game its unbelievable. Even on casual the game kicks my ass. :(

I'm only good at first and third person shooters.

Chaos-Spider

Dec 18, 2009
Oblivion(some secitions, mostly at slightly lower than default), Age of Empires 1,1.5,2 &3 (Lower where reasonable) and Bayonetta.

Although the reasons for doing so have been different each time.

XHolySmokesX

Sep 18, 2010
Oblivion, mass effect and Black ops.

I turned my difficulty up to full on oblivion after my third or so character, becasue it was getting too easy.

In Black ops, and all cod games for that fact, veteran is rediculose for the storline, i'm not a fan of constantly getting gunned down whenever i take a look around for enemies. I played black ops through on regular becasue i wanted to be able to play through the story with reletive ease just for the cinematics of it, i thought it was pretty good.

Violator[xL]

Nov 14, 2007
Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and 3.

I'm way to experienced to still be playing on easy but these things are so old and cute I only play them for a quick fix of nostalgia. And winning, of course.

Michael Logan

Oct 19, 2008
Dragon Age 2, I started out on normal but the combat was so boring and repetative that I had to switch to easy for it to end faster.

Suicida1 Midget

Jun 11, 2011
After beating them on other difficulties for the sheer laugh of the impossible to kill feel would be ODST(Godmode), bioshock (unkillable ninja), and halo 3 (it was fun until two wraiths were able to hit me at the same time.

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
The World Ends With You. In the main story mode I play week 1 and most of week 2 on Normal difficulty but then when it gets to the Leo Cantus boss fight at the end of week 2 I have to tone it down to easy and keep it through week 3 as well.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
I play most my games on normal mode, might even bump it up to high if I really feel like a challenge (finished all the Gears games on the second to hardest mode so far) however there are exceptions here and there. Oblivion seems to get a common mention here and I confess I also bumped it down to the lower end... However it wasn't because the game was difficult... it was mainly because the fights on the normal mode were long and tedious. I didn't find a challenge in them, I just found them boring... if I can't one shot even a rat then we're going to have problems.

So yeah I tuned down the difficulty and just played for the enjoyment and believe me, I played that game... I played the shit out of it. Though, you know... I'd have made a compromise with the game, I'd have bumped it up to the highest difficulty if it meant that both I and the enemy had relatively low health bars. That would have been a fun challenge and would have relied more on skill when playing. However no, it just means you die quicker, they have rather sizable health bars (yes I know there are no bars on this game but you get what I'm saying).

I honestly find a decent difficultly is when they turn you both into glass cannons and not just you or the enemy. I like Call of Duty games for this, when the difficulty is ramped up, the enemies seem to take around the same amount of damage but your just about as brittle as they are. So your on an even keel.

Games where the upping of the difficulty does one of two things:

1) Turns the computer into a major cheating bastard
2) Makes the enemies just take a hell of a lot more damage

I tend to stay away from, the challenge just feels artificial.

The other games I only really play on easy mode are the Street Fighter games as I'm no good at them but like them anyway and RTS games which I also love but I'm no good at. Anything else I'll either tackle on normal or hard mode.

Unia

Jan 15, 2010
Viewtiful Joe, because I don't know about the rest of you but I find it actually challenging.

Project Zero/Fatal Frame because for me the challenge is in daring to walk those dark, creaky corridors in the first place. If those dead creeps managed to kill me I might never muster the nerve to come back :(

I may have played on easy on some olden (but not golden) real-time combat RPG where success was down to the dice anyway. Nothing like dying for artificial idiocy or a critical miss to suck the fun out.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
Crysis 2, I just wanted to screw around and beat aliens to death with a keyboard!
good times...

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
i usually have to play on easy for console fps games because controls for console shooters are horrible (the exception was bioshock, that game was pathetically easy to begin with). though if im dying over and over again in one fight i will turn down the difficulty for that battle and then put it back on normal once im past it

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Jakub324 said:
Oblivion and Fallout. I don't know about all of you, but I don't play those for the challenge. It's the freedom of choice I like.
This! although I only played them because a friend told me "there just like KotOR"
no there not! there's no jedi in either! ;-)

TheModWolf

Nov 19, 2009
I haven't yet, but I've been grappling with the decision to bump down the God of War final boss fight because for the life of me I just can't beat it. I did it when I was younger on the ps2, but in the remastered PS3 version I just can't beat the damn thing. I don't really ever set out to start a game on easy, in fact I usually start it at the hardest level and bump it down if necessary.