Games you ARE a fan boy of.

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
My avatar should spell it out pretty good. Other than that, the Saints Row series, Katamari Damacy series, and Jak and Daxter franchises are personal favorites.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Doom (I&II) and Silent Hill 2.
Doom is fun because of mind numbing addictive copious insane violence and being all bright and colorful, something rare these days.
Silent Hill 2 is a game I play again when I've had enough violence and want brilliant atmosphere and story. Mary's full letter still makes me sad to this day, and Pyramid Head has to be my #1 favorite villan of all time.
I've noticed that both of these games have chainsaws in them. Something about chainsaws amuses me heavily, and even though I hardly use it for standard combat, it's fun to occasionally pull out a chainsaw and either unleash a very amusing battle cry or shove it up the asses of a few demons, yelling "RIP AND TEAR!"

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Mr.Dude said:
I'm a huge fan boy for Minecraft. I read the blog, the wiki, and I joined a server (which is harder then most games) which I haven't done for any other game to date.
You just made me realize that Minecraft is one of the few games I'll actually play online.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
I am first and foremost, a Halflife fangirl. However, I have major loves for: Max Payne 2, VTM Bloodlines, and Majora's Mask.

DanteTheSlayer5

Jan 23, 2011
I have so many series its hard to name but the one most of all would have to be the Final Fantasy series ever since i was young i loved those games and now i buy anything with Final Fantasy in the title even if they may be going downhill with some of them im a dedicated fan till the end.

Sikachu

Apr 20, 2010
MGS1, HL1, and to a much lesser extent THPS1 and 2 and SSBM. It's not so much fanboy with those last three as it is obsessively good, but I think that they justify inclusion for number of hours spent on them (though weirdly I've spent FAR more hours playing CS and somehow don't feel the need to include it).

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Pokemon.
Metal Gear.
Call of Duty.

I am a walking contradiction.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Does it count as being a "fan boy" if you are obsessed with playing the series, but you are still willing to admit its flaws and even point them out and openly criticize those games? IF so, then I have a good list:

Left 4 Dead - Full of bugs and glitches. Gameplay can get broken at times (especially during certain mutations). However I never stop having fun running through the streets and blowing people's brains out... I mean zombies. I'm totally not talking about real-life.

Pokemon - It'd be nice if we could do something difference once in a while other than badges, rivals, and elite four. Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness shook the plot-up a bit (but sorta killed gameplay). Eventually, Pokemon will find the right balance, and Generation 5 is looking pretty good in those regards. The series is constantly making improvements and I love training for competitive play (whether I do competition or not).

Sonic - I LOVE the Sonic games. I prefer the 3D titles (SA, SA2, SHeroes, Unleashed, and bits of Shadow) but the series, as a whole, is pretty good. I get why people hate them. I even get frustrated with them. But I still have fun anyway.

warm slurm

Dec 10, 2010
Final Fantasy IX, Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, Resonance of Fate, Metal Gear Solid 2 and Super Mario Sunshine. Thaaat's about it.

Siuki

Nov 18, 2009
Halo(All of them), Fallout 3, Borderlands, and TF2. I love these games to death.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
Galactic Civilizations 2. My all time favorite game. What other 4x game is it possible to win without ever building war unit? Plus the charm of the idiosyncratic races tickles my fancy to no end. etc. etc.

To a lesser extent, Anything Elder Scrolls. I say a lesser extent because I acknowledge there are a number of problems with the games. However, no other series has drained so much of my life. And I enjoyed (almost) every minute of it X)