Games you are ridicoulusly good at.

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
Faladorian said:
IamShmgeggy said:
Faladorian said:
Rainbow Six Vegas 2, I am an omnipotent god of death with the sniper.
If you're using the No scope glitch from behind cover, that makes you weak :p
I don't, in fact I only figured out about that after beating the game on realistic. But I do it occasionally just for a chuckle.
I used to play PVP on R6V2 and all you'd see is guys with 10 bars of armor using sniper rifles corner camping. They never saw C4 and flash bang grenades coming, plus if you run and then rapidly crouch you can avoid the headshot and blind fire them around the same corner. I used to get called out for hacking, and its like Learn how to shoot, don't corner camp, its not that hard. I stopped playing when i would get put in matches where people thought Shields=God mode and refused to sprint while spawn shield was up and walked onto grenades. It happened probably 10 times in a row to make me stop playing, which is sad as its one FPS that i'm decent at multiplayer wise. I don't use the FAMAS, god no... that gun is annoying.

windlenot

Archeoastronomist
Mar 27, 2011
My two favorite games, Rock Band/Guitar Hero is bag of treats along with Tony Hawk's Underground 2. THE BEST of the Hawk serieses.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Sonic Advance. It?s so easy I can blast through that game with my eyes closed (not literally, obviously). It was one of my first GBA games and I?d been playing it pretty regularly until recently, because I just got bored of it and I know the level design like the back of my hand.

Crash Bandicoot 2. It?s probably the Crash game that I played the most, so now I know all the secret routes, the gems and everything.

Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai. I?m a freakin? combo master on this game, since it?s one of the more basic fighting games.

Iggy Sent Me

Dec 20, 2010
Pokemon. Oh yes, ever since I picked it up 14 years ago. Not only have I done thousands of online battles to great success, achieving the top 200 out of thousands of players, I have completed Gen 1's dex twice and gotten 12 Gen 1 Pokemon to lvl 100, I have completed both Pokemon Stadiums to the end, I have completed Gen 2's dex and gotten 6 Pokemon to lvl 100, I have a Gold Trainer Card on Gen 3 and 6 Pokemon at lvl 100, and finally I have a Black Trainer Card and 10 Pokemon to lvl 100 on Gen 4, and I have beaten set 8 of the Master's Battle on Pokemon Battle Revolution. My Pearl version alone has over 440 hours on it. Generation 5 is currently in the process of conquering, and I was going to get cracking on it sooner but I've decided to do it on B2/W2 so I'm holding off until then. To this day Pokemon is the only game I do serious competitive multiplayer with. Really, I normally could care less about multiplayer besides the casual having fun sense, except when it comes to Pokemon.

Also, possibly, Tales Games, Star Fox 64, any 3D Mario Platformer, Muramasa The Demon Blade, and some of the Sonic games. Pokemon essentially made me good, or at least attempt to be good, for any JRPG I've played.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
I'd say Super Metriod

only missing 1 missile pack, but that said, i can do a minimalist run pretty easily >.> hell only way the game has a chance against me

Royta

Aug 7, 2009
Pff. I'd hate to be 'that' guy but..so many to list. I'm pretty darn good at Resident Evil 4 and both Demon's and Dark Souls. I'm a trained veteran in Vanquish and know pretty much everything there is to know about. But I'm embarresed to say I'm best at....

Ninja Gaiden 3... sigh. I literally know everything there is about that game and I'm really ashamed of it, as I don't even like the game that much..

Shifty

Apr 21, 2011
Soul caliber 2. Unbeaten in my life time. Crowning glory was beating a friend in a competition in my college with my back turned to the screen and going only by the sound. True story. He broke the controller after.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
I would have to say Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2. My buddy and I are both huge zombie buffs, and I have a couple other hard core shooter fans amongst my friends that I drug along to make my 4 man. My buddy was the master of bait and shoot tactics where we would cover a survivor who appeared to be breaking to heal as we all moved forward (one of our favorites), meanwhile I was a master at planning out our infected attacks (quick tip, stop trying to kill the entire team at once, it won't work).

On the flip side, I am absolutely horrible at counterstrike. I have no patience what so ever, and I always end up getting bored and running around a corner at the absolute worst moment.

ultrabiome

Sep 14, 2011
Mega Man X - can beat the game in < 90 minutes, all upgrades, and usually only a death or two. (i could get the fireball, but usually not worth it)

also am still quite good at the NES Mega Mans, just not as good as with Mega Man X :).

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
Matthew94 said:
Lylat Wars, I'm fucking awesome at it. I've finished pretty much every challenge the game offers and have finished it well over 20-30 times so of course I'm good at it now.
Is that the same as Star Fox 64? 'Cause that is also my Super Amazing Skill in gaming, and I will take you on any way of the week ;)

But yeah, seriously, I kick ass at Star Fox 64, and I am sad that it's just such an old game with a multiplayer mode nobody cared about.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Mycroft Holmes said:
I charged through a hole, killed the russian george washington commander looking fellow, killed half the damn wall of cannoners, and managed to escape to charge AGAIN with the main force and kill even MORE people in that life.

Highest kill count in that match and any match I've seen since :D

Caedus

Aug 29, 2010
Soul Calibur 2. I used to play on Gamecube and last week, my friend proposed a match 'cause I was bragging. It was on the PS2 and even after 6-7 years not playing it, I owned his ass.

Also the Mass Effect series (yes, I sold my soul to BioWare and I'm proud of it!).

And back in Burning Crusade and Lich King on WoW, I used to play a really good and optimised mage. I was also a good healer but less so.

judgementbringer

Oct 25, 2010
The Legend of Zelda franchise. All of it. I've played through every game so many times, that I basically have the whole series memorized. Though Link to the Past and Link's Awakening are the only two that I can speed run for some reason.

I'm also pretty darn good at Super Smash Bros. Me and my brother used to be gods at the first game, but it's been years since then, so I'm pretty rusty.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Anything and nothing.

By default I don't class myself as ridiculously good at anything. There are doubtlessly people out there that could kick my ass, and I doubt I'm good enough to enter into professional tournaments, so I'm not ridiculously good at anything.

However, there are times when I will enter 'The Zone' where I do become ridiculously good at whatever I'm playing at that time. I am actually able to focus, as opposed to normally where my mind is constantly wondering no matter what I do - so I do pretty much everything on autopilot, and my reflexes and endurance improve. If I'm playing Guitar Hero I'll not miss a note for as long as I'm in said zone, in Starcraft I come up with better tactics than normal and am able to effectively Micro and Macro manage at pretty much the same time, as opposed to being fixated on one or the other. In FPS I get the first shot off, and dodge half the other shots, and in space fighting sims everything just flows so that I don't get hit, perform crazy maneuvers and make my opponents crash whilst staying 100% fine myself.

Sadly, 'The Zone' is a very short term and erratic thing thanks to how my mind works. It could appear at any time, and can last anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 minutes, so generally I'll get either 1 good fight, or one good round, but then I'll go back to being just plain average, or below average - dependent on the game.

Mar 25, 2010
I am fantastic at L4D2, there is not a single campaign that I can't conquer with my friends on expert, including realism. I love that game, it's just awesome. I don't even have to use a mic :p

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
I'm pretty much unbeatable on Budokai 3, but I really can't tell anyone about that because it's too embarrassing. I'm also pretty damn good at Dark Souls, but only really because I've played it and it's predecessor obsessively.