Games you can't remember, but still miss - describe them.

xbeaker

Sep 11, 2007
Fogold said:
I remember playing a demo of a game. It was fantasy, with wizards and such. Anyway, it was a strategy game, where you were a wizard, and you summoned creatures to fight for you. I think you could choose your wizard, and the one I chose was a bald guy. The minions you summoned were also 3 types of groups. The only one I can think of is a sort of nature group. It was a top-down game. And thats pretty much all I remember. It's not exactly much, but it's all I can think of at the moment.
Sounds a little like Archon 2. What system was it on, do you remember?

xbeaker

Sep 11, 2007
Doitpow said:
Some really old game on the PC, kind of like the original Ninja-Gaiden.
Little black ninja guy.
There were red guys with clubs as enemies, then you went to this graveyard and fought a giant chinese dragon.
You could also collect little yellow things which let you throw magic shurikens.
Final boss was a big red Guy called Sashika (i think), he had a big cleaver.

PLEASE SOMEONE REMEMBER THIS GAME, I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR IT FOR YEARS!
Was it The Last Ninja?

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
Chamale said:
I vaguely remember some old PC game. This would have been maybe 10 years ago, give or take. It had something to do with puzzle-like maze navigation. The main detail I remember is that I always played it on the computer at the "drop off your kids here because you don't want to shop with them" centre in a Co-op store. Anyone have any clue what I'm talking about?

I went back to that same Co-op (it's in Calgary), and they still have that computer. I'd like to go on it to find the game, but I can't think of a way to do it without seeming extremely creepy.
Tell them exactly why you're doing it. If even then they still find you creepy, go for broke and try to creep them beyond measure. Maybe get a baby head out and start chewing on it.

gonzo20

Dec 18, 2008
i remember on the snes there was this game similar to contra but it wasnt contra, in it you played a red armored guy and if you played co op i beleive you were blue and red. anyway, on the first level you can drive a tank and the end boss was this skeletal snake/dino head that shot laser beams on 3 levels and you had to either jump or go down a level to avoid them. i also remember there were hoverboard levels, i never beat it but i loved that game SO much as a kid

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
xbeaker said:
Doitpow said:
Little black ninja guy.
There were red guys with clubs as enemies, then you went to this graveyard and fought a giant chinese dragon.
You could also collect little yellow things which let you throw magic shurikens.

Was it The Last Ninja?
Thanks for trying but it was a side scroller. If it helps the controls were the cursor keys + alt to slash with sword and cntrl to use magic shuriken.

xbeaker

Sep 11, 2007
Jandau said:
Let's see...

Then there was this first person fantasy adventure game on the NES. I never made much progress in it since it was in German (not a language I speak), though you would be suprised how far you can get with a little trial and error...
Shadowgate?

mrnomas

May 17, 2010
It was on the 3DO. Top down (mostly) shooter where you could control a helicopter, tank, or maybe some sort of rocket launching vehicle. There was a classical music score in the background that would crescendo as you blew shit up. The more you destroyed, the louder the music. I loved that game.

xbeaker

Sep 11, 2007
Doitpow said:
xbeaker said:
Doitpow said:
Little black ninja guy.

Was it The Last Ninja?
Thanks for trying but it was a side scroller. If it helps the controls were the cursor keys + alt to slash with sword and cntrl to use magic shuriken.
You don't have a time frame by any chance, around what year do you remember playing it? Was it DOS or Windows? I have a pretty extensive collection of old games.. It sounds very familliar for some reason, I may have it.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
I remember there was this point and click adventure game with all right graphics (back then, anyway.) that involved dinosaurs. I remember it was somewhat like Dinotopia, in that it had some good dinosaurs, humans, etc.

There is one part that sticks out in my head. If you stayed in an area for too long, you'd be eaten.

If anyone can find this for me, I will fucking be in debt to you.

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
xbeaker said:
Doitpow said:
xbeaker said:
Doitpow said:
Little black ninja guy.

Was it The Last Ninja?
You don't have a time frame by any chance, around what year do you remember playing it? Was it DOS or Windows? I have a pretty extensive collection of old games.. It sounds very familliar for some reason, I may have it.
DOS, 1996-8 I reckon

xbeaker

Sep 11, 2007
mrnomas said:
It was on the 3DO. Top down (mostly) shooter where you could control a helicopter, tank, or maybe some sort of rocket launching vehicle. There was a classical music score in the background that would crescendo as you blew shit up. The more you destroyed, the louder the music. I loved that game.
Return Fire!

That one I am certain of. We used to play the hell out of that. there was an expansion disk for it as well. It was a Heli, a jeep (to grab the flag), a tank, and what we called the APC, which could fire rockets, and lay mines.

Serioli

Mar 26, 2010
Fogold said:
I remember playing a demo of a game. It was fantasy, with wizards and such. Anyway, it was a strategy game, where you were a wizard, and you summoned creatures to fight for you. I think you could choose your wizard, and the one I chose was a bald guy. The minions you summoned were also 3 types of groups. The only one I can think of is a sort of nature group. It was a top-down game. And thats pretty much all I remember. It's not exactly much, but it's all I can think of at the moment.
If this was PC, it might have been 'Magic and Mayhem'. Different ingredients summoned different creatures depending on whether you put them in 'Law', 'Neutral' (nature or 'Chaos' slots. Remembered playing the bald wizard, (He gets hair in later levels I think) and summoning redcaps who dipped their hats in the blood of fallen enemies to heal!

xbeaker

Sep 11, 2007
Doitpow said:
xbeaker said:
Doitpow said:
xbeaker said:
Doitpow said:
Little black ninja guy.

Was it The Last Ninja?
DOS, 1996-8 I reckon
Shadow Knights. I am 99% sure of this.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Fogold said:
If it was for PS2, then that's Heroes: Of Might and Magic :)

Brotherofwill said:
I remember playing a DOS game which was this really old baloon shooter. You'd see your crosshair and would shoot arrows at colourfull ballons that kept floating upward. Different colours gave different points. It was pretty addicting, had puke ugly 90's graphics and a green background if I remember correctly.

Sorry, but that described about 90% of all JRPGs ever made.
Sorry, I couldn't really be anymore specific...It's kinda grainy in my head, it's driving me up the wall not knowing what it is though :p Also, it might be Bubbleman, or Bubble trouble.

Symplify

Jun 13, 2009
kman123 said:
I have ONE game i cannot remember the name of, but it was incredibly old (8 years ago?) and you controlled a tank, it was set in the kinda future, cos i remember...lasers and the like. I only played the demo, but it was quite hard, and it was a snow level. Thats all i remember :(
8 years is not incredibly old lol.

Perhaps you are thinking of BattleTanx? A fantastic N64 game.

xbeaker

Sep 11, 2007
Percutio said:
The second one was a PS2 game I think. It was like a top down 3rd person shooter with zombies/undead/demons ect. You had a variety of characters to pick from with unique specialties and weapons, I distincly remember a slow priest-like character who used a crossbow that shot crosses and a fast girl who duel wielded pistols. It had COOP functionality. I remember that one of the boss levels included fighting a giant monster teddy bear and I think the story revolved around some possessed little girl.

My cousin owned the game and I don't remember much about it.
Edit: Almost definatly - Hunter: The Reckoning.

imaloony

Nov 19, 2009
I believe it was called "Pigskin Football" and it was on the Sega Genesis. I don't remember much other than that it was the craziest game of football you've ever seen. There was also some sort of RTS game on the Genesis I don't remember the name of. It was fun though, you played as a jet that could turn into a robot and you hard to transport your troops with your jet.

xbeaker

Sep 11, 2007
Mutant League Football.. maybe?

And Herzog Zwei

Apparently the reason I can't remember what I did yesterday is because my brain is using all of it's memory for encyclopedic knowledge of video games.