Games you can't remember, but still miss - describe them.

mayhar

Jul 15, 2009
dragon_of_red said:
I have no idea about the OP's.

Mine is some game, I swear i know the name. It was some game, i only remember using the multiplayer, it wa son the old PS1. You took control over some sort of car/war machine and tried to kill the other guy... Thererwas something like a leveling system like Defcon 1/2/3/4 or something like that...
Was it Future Cop LAPD? cause that game was awesome

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
HoverWhale said:
Spinozaad said:
The only JRPG I only liked, because it was Pokemon, but than with Nightmare Fuel-like monsters.

You were this really annoying kid (JRPG, y'know...) who had to save the world from destruction (because, y'know... JRPG) by catching monsters (because... well... JRPG, y'know...) which you could subsequently and mysteriously morph with one another. You could train the beasties, and they'd get better and more powerful and, ultimately, you'd save the world. I vaguely remember there being a scantily-clad lady (JRPG.) who in the west would either be jailbait or 'totally asking for it (JRPG.)

I don't remember the name, nor was it that impressive. But man, to the little boy that was me, it was like Pokemon for... well... people who were no longer little boys. Of course, looking back it was vastly inferior to Pokemon.

Still, had some great times with that game. Oh, and the best critter (at least, it was in my memory) was the first critter you could catch (does that remind you of a certain anime based on a certain... JRPG?)...
You could be thinking of Jade Cocoon. Probably, if the kid was annoying, Jade Cocoon 2 on the PS2. I actually prefer the game to the Pokemon series, but it's really a different kind of thing, Jade Cocoon 2 being less about catching the monsters than about getting good ones. It's also more story-based (by default though. It's a lot harder for a game to be story-based when the main character can't talk. Saying that, I think that was the case with the first Jade Cocoon; I haven't played it in years). Pokemon's more about the monsters, Jade Cocoon's more about the characters.
Yes! It was Jade Cocoon! There's actually a second one? For the PS2? Hmmm... If I ever come accross it, I might buy it. For nostalgia's sake.

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
an NES game where your in space and the first stage is you shooting things down in your spaceship while going right, after that your in a spacestation of some kind where you pass some space thwamps (smb anyone) and shoot a big fireball and destroy it. after that your back in a spaceship shooting more stuff which i can only discribe as killer snowflakes. and after that your in a space station again fighting a clone of yourself and....after that i don't remember. if anyone knows what this game is you will be the winner of the internet and NES games.

Mikkelet

Mar 19, 2009
I once played a side-scroll car-crashing game, where you crashed cars with a giant ball. Pretty fun, but I dont think it's out there anymore.

Im Nightmare

Mar 16, 2010
Percutio said:
Two for me.

One was a side scrolling platformer on the PS1. You controlled this kid who was running away from some shadows/evil goo-like creatures or something. You wore a pot as a helmet and couldn't fight for a decent portion of the game. It came on two CDs and you eventually earned some sort of magic power that could fight off the monsters.

The second CD included you transitioning into playing some other creature that had powers as well. The creature liked apples or something. I think right before the CD swap you played through a water level as him, and the kid was on your back so you had to surface for air in these tricky caverns.

I rented it once and never finished it.

The second one was a PS2 game I think. It was like a top down 3rd person shooter with zombies/undead/demons ect. You had a variety of characters to pick from with unique specialties and weapons, I distincly remember a slow priest-like character who used a crossbow that shot crosses and a fast girl who duel wielded pistols. It had COOP functionality. I remember that one of the boss levels included fighting a giant monster teddy bear and I think the story revolved around some possessed little girl.

My cousin owned the game and I don't remember much about it.
The second one would be Hunter the Reckoning. Great game! I forgot about that game until you brought it up. TY! It was so much fun and pretty challenging. I hope they make a new game sometime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyhiQZyMlB8&feature=related

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
It was a game I played as a kid on the Amiga 500, you were a blob that stuck to surfaces and I think it was called Globule...

It was a platformer/puzzle game I think.

Does anyone know it?

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
xbeaker said:
Shadow Knights. I am 99% sure of this.
Yesterday was my birthday. This is my favourite present.
I would send you a cookie but that would be so unrepresentative of how much I love you this second. It would have to be a gold cookie, studded with diamonds, carried by beautiful women from the orient, on the back of a winged horse, which is standing on a mansion i just bought for you.
I'm tempted to get on a plane to Philly, track you down and hug you till your eyes bulge. I finish my undergrad degree today...am I going to go out and celebrate with friends, maybe get a few drinks in? No, I am going to play this game till my fingers bleed.

In short, you are a good egg, and I shall tell that to anyone who asks.

Steve Dark

Oct 23, 2008
xbeaker said:
Neither of these are really ringing a bell. The first one might be Alpha Centauri. Do you have a time frame they came out?
As in Sid Meurs... miers? Mayers? You know, that guy. Do you mean his one? It wasn't that, if I remember rightly then that one was all set on the one planet. This game was entirely space based. Also I've just remembered that the planets were made of around 12 different coloured tiles each, where you could build different things to make your people happier or increase production.

As for time frame, they were both out when I was still ickle... So maybe... mid to late 90s?

ThaBenMan said:
Maybe it was Master of Orion [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_Orion]? Or Star Control [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Control]?
Master of Orion Looked promising, but no it wasn't that. Good try though!

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
FunKing said:
Snownine said:
Percutio said:
Two for me.

One was a side scrolling platformer on the PS1. You controlled this kid who was running away from some shadows/evil goo-like creatures or something. You wore a pot as a helmet and couldn't fight for a decent portion of the game. It came on two CDs and you eventually earned some sort of magic power that could fight off the monsters.

The second CD included you transitioning into playing some other creature that had powers as well. The creature liked apples or something. I think right before the CD swap you played through a water level as him, and the kid was on your back so you had to surface for air in these tricky caverns.

I rented it once and never finished it.

The second one was a PS2 game I think. It was like a top down 3rd person shooter with zombies/undead/demons ect. You had a variety of characters to pick from with unique specialties and weapons, I distincly remember a slow priest-like character who used a crossbow that shot crosses and a fast girl who duel wielded pistols. It had COOP functionality. I remember that one of the boss levels included fighting a giant monster teddy bear and I think the story revolved around some possessed little girl.

My cousin owned the game and I don't remember much about it.

The first one is Heart of Darkness I think.
I loved that game...it came w/ 3D glasses too didnt it?...for certain levels?

I don't know about the 3D glasses but I remember renting it from the local video store when it was new and forgetting to return the instruction booklet with the game. I still have that booklet somewhere I'm sure. Wow that was in the late 90's which means that I have had that thing roughly half my life.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
spartan231490 said:
C117 said:
There was some game I played many years ago on my dads friends SNES. All I really remember is that it was completely in 2D, it was an RPG, and I ran around in a pretty dark forest with lots of blueish creatures (I believe they were wolves) jumping out on me. Then I came to some kind of ruins, where a princess was walking back and forth on a ledge...

I hope someone might know what the game was called, because I would really like to play it again.
this may sound stupid, but I never played the original. Was it zelda?
Original what? And no, unfortunately, it's not Zelda.

xbeaker

Sep 11, 2007
Kurokami said:
I used to play a 2 player game where you both started in a base and could choose 1 of 4 vehicles, a helicopter, tank, jeep and some APC thing which drops mines. You were on and island and meant to destroy the other guys base, when you got too far out to see this submarine would rise up and kill you.

Oh and the jeep was kickass, would turn into a raft and shiz, ^^
Return Fire

Drakez

May 19, 2010
Okay so i remember this game very vaguely but i remeber it so vividly at the same time but anyways here it is.
You were like a Wizard guy or atleast you wore wizard robe. The very first part of the game i think is getting the robes which is in a house which is locked. and when you get the robes it's like the game starts. You are on an island i think or atleast close to the sea my memory goes blank here. I think you find a way of there and end up in the desert some how. I remember clearly though that you had this buggy which you could drive around in. I also mind that there was this room that was like all stars around you and no floor i got stuck there i think.
this game has cartoonish graphics possible game made early 21 century possible Before that not to sure PLEASE HELP
Thanks.

xbeaker

Sep 11, 2007
Drakez said:
Okay so i remember this game very vaguely but i remeber it so vividly at the same time but anyways here it is.
You were like a Wizard guy or atleast you wore wizard robe. The very first part of the game i think is getting the robes which is in a house which is locked. and when you get the robes it's like the game starts. You are on an island i think or atleast close to the sea my memory goes blank here. I think you find a way of there and end up in the desert some how. I remember clearly though that you had this buggy which you could drive around in. I also mind that there was this room that was like all stars around you and no floor i got stuck there i think.
this game has cartoonish graphics possible game made early 21 century possible Before that not to sure PLEASE HELP
Thanks.
What system was it on? Around what year do you remember playing it?

JohanGasMask

Jun 25, 2009
I cant barely remember Goldeneye for the N64...but i remember the fun i had with four of my friends back when i was 5 or 6

Mr. In-between

Apr 7, 2010
There was this one game for the Genesis with a kid that dressed like a superhero and one of the very first parts was a cyclops looking thing growling and hopping up and down that was blocking your access to a river. You had to put balloons on him so he would float away... I think.

Drakez

May 19, 2010
i think the game i'm describing was made near the time of Grim Fandango. Kinda remember it similar to grim fandago but you could move more and things could kill you i think. not to sure if things could kill you though

xbeaker

Sep 11, 2007
Drakez said:
i think the game i'm describing was made near the time of Grim Fandango. Kinda remember it similar to grim fandago but you could move more and things could kill you i think. not to sure if things could kill you though
It wasn't Spellcasting 101: Sorcerers get all the girls was it? That was a point and click like Grim Fandango, but I think that came out before Grim Fandango.. like early 90's