Games you find yourself helplessly addicted to.

SadisticBrownie

May 9, 2011
Rome: Total War. Playing the Europa Barbarorum mod, and even though it crashes all the fucking time and is buggy as hell, I've still sunk 160 hours into it.
It was the same with vanilla Rome. Can't wait for 2.

DoctorSun

Dec 11, 2011
Starcraft 2.

I swear I think that Blizzard laces their games with crack because I always find myself trying to get to the next league, even when I don't want to play.

That and Dark Souls for a while, I love that game so much...

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
The Forza series ever since Forza 2. I have Forza 1 as well but when I got in to online play in the sequel I was hooked. I play it almost every day.

Also The Elder Scrolls. I've spent so much time in Oblivion and Skyrim just adventuring around, avoiding arrows, exploring places and finding cool things and characters. Much like Forza, I started with Morrowind but didn't fully get in to the series until later.

I used to be addicted to Pokemon but as the series went on I grew tired of the games just being the same crap with worse new Pokemon designs, so I stopped. I still sometimes play the older games just for old time's sake but they're going to need to do something really amazing to get me back in to the series.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
johnnybravo said:
Before Dark Souls, I was really addicted to FFX for some reason. I was always trying to max out the sphere grids and whatnot.
I loved Final Fantasy X but I hated some of what you had to do for a 100%. Like dodging lightning. I also found Blitzball really hard to get into. Other than those two minor things I spent about 2-weeks playing nothing but FFX, beating it for the first time. Speaking of Final Fantasy...

...THEATRYTHEM!! I've already beaten Chaos and have just got an S on every basic course for each game. I'm mainly just leveling up Squall, Titus, Cloud and, Cecil (at least until I unlock Snow, Vivi, Lock and, Minwu).

j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
Final Fantasy IX. I literally play through the entire game once every couple of years.
The ending always makes me tear up. Every freaking time I watch it, I tear up a little bit. This is my favorite game from the main line.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Minecraft. It's too fun! It's beautiful styling, fun gameplay, lovable monsters, never-endingness and freedom make the game explosively enjoyable for me! And there's room for roleplaying with mods, and with the accessible skin creation thanks to the poor (but beautiful!) graphics mean you can play as almost anyone you want! Just anthropomorphise and you're set to go! I like designing my own skins. Again, it's a creative outlet!

And all my old games for the PS1. I play almost every one each year, or sometimes bi-yearly. It's a routine event which I refer to as the nostalgia-boom! It often moves on to some PS2 games such as Ratchet and Clank, and Timesplitters.

And the Elder Scrolls games. They will always be played. Every single one. I plan to one day play them all. Just Arena and Daggerfall to go, really. Although they're probably three times as cryptic as Morrowind...but I LOVE Morrowind, so...it'll probably be amazing.

Matt King

Mar 15, 2010
ninety nine nights, seriously FUCK this game, it's so bad and i hate it, but i always keep going back to play it i don't know why

Childe

Jun 20, 2012
SeeIn2D said:
Well I used to be horribly addicted to World of Warcraft when I was in like 7th grade so about 5 years ago or so. Since then there really haven't been any games I'm actually addicted to. I mean Call of Duty 4 has about like 35 days of gameplay on one of my accounts so I guess that one, but in reality I played that so much not just because I really liked it, but because at the time I didn't really have any other multiplayer games, and there weren't any on the market I was interested in. As a result of this I pretty much beat any single players games I had on 2 or 3 difficulties, then went back onto CoD4 because multiplayer=replay value IMO.

I do however occasionally have stints where I'll have a Skyrim craving and I'll get on and play that non stop for a week or two but that usually dies down, so I guess I'd call that a temporary addiction.

But the moral of the story is:

Yes the game is in all honesty extremely fun. But don't get into lol. Trust me.
Ya i was horribly addicted to wow for years...stopped cold turkey last year and haven't looked back. Don't think I've been addicted to any one game since....if anything im addicted to the internet and games in general lol

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Deus Ex: Human Revolution. 111 hours, now on my fifth playthrough, got it on release day. I suspect I'll play it through another two times before the year is up. I fucking love it.

chaosbedlam

Apr 15, 2009
Right now The Secret World is all i think about. usually i am a bit of an ADHD (no offence intended) gamer and cant sit on any one thing for long before moving to the next, the list of games i have seen to the end is incredibly small. but that dam TSW has wholly sucked me in. don't know weather its the whole set in the now times or weather its the alluring aspect of all the conspiracy theory stuff. but dam I just cant get away.

Gustof26

Apr 7, 2011
Heroes of might and magic III, the only one in the series I like really liked. Something about just draws you in. The little musical tunes that chime enough times to enduce a feeling of pure ecstasy every time you find a treasure chest. The fact that you'll convince yourself the mostly mentally insane AI is out to get you, it is I swear it. Everything about that game just drags you in!

Samsont

Jun 11, 2009
Garrys Mod, I have put almost 1000 hours into that thing. All for the ridiculously amazing online community it has plus the millions of mods that keep it fresh all the time.

Eldrig

Apr 25, 2011
Sneezeguard said:
Civilization and Total war games.

oh it's 6:30am i'll go to bed soon

JUST

ONE

MORE

TURN
I REALLY feel your pain. The amount of sleep lost to me by Civ4 is nigh uncountable. So back to the original point, Civilization for sure, and lately, Morrowind. Good god the amount of stellar mods, and just the content experienced when you go back to an old game with all it's expansions out (especially such a large one as morrowind) ensure i am, and likely always will be, nowhere close to "finishing" that game.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Um.. lets see, well lately I guess Skyrim. Over 500 hours on it so far.

[sub]Don't look at me like that.[/sub]

Henriot

Dec 15, 2011
Defense Grid.

Tower defense, but looks great, has a story, I "finished" it a while ago... but I continue to come back to it! There are so many levels, so many different scenarios for each level.

Also, Mount and Blade. It's one that I can hold off for a month or two, then I'll read/see some fantasy battle or fight scene, and need to scratch that itch again... Takes a while before riding down bandits on a horse gets old.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Dragons Dogma. It's essentially Monster Hunter only in a fantasy setting.