Games you have given up on and why?

Niracas

Dec 3, 2009
What I mean is, what game did you play, get quite far in, and then get dicked over so badly you just flipped off the screen and walked away for good?

For me I think it's FFXIII, im at last boss and as you know in this game when the character you control dies, game over. No phoenix downs, no raises, no nothing. This game doesnt even have a Re-Raise spell. Anyways, i've tried killing the boss about oh.. 10 times. The first 5 it took 20 minutes to whittle him down to 25% (I play it safe most of the time). Each attempt it seemed like I had it in the bag, when, out of nowhere DEATH! Game over. The next 5 or so times I had learned you could kill him pretty easily with Poison/Poisonga that worked wonderful. I can get him to barely any HP in way under 20 minutes, however guess what? Death again! Today was the last straw. He was at 2000/5mil HP and deathed me. I flipped off the screen and walked to my room. Also note this is with all possible pieces of protection on me. I guess im just really unlucky.

How about the rest of you guys?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Heavenly Sword. I made it to the final boss, and I couldn't beat it in the 10 minutes I had before I had to leave the house. This was months ago now, and I've yet to get back to playing it.

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
Oblivion. I got near the end and when the game told me I had to go raid a ton of identical Oblivion Gates I just gave up and never finished it. I don't take kindly to being given horribly repetitive crap to do in a game when it's pretty obviously that it's being done just to pad the game out. Coincidently, I only ever looted a couple of the game's optional dungeons due to finding out that they're all essentially copy/pasted crap. Ugh, that game was such a joke.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Perfect Dark Zero.

Why because it bored the hell out of me. I actually fell asleep while playing a 4 player MP match.

Thats really the only game I gave up on.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Oblivion.
I just found it inferior to Morrowind in almost every way, and couldn't get past half way through the game.

bigsby

Jul 16, 2009
Condemnded 2, the moment they added all that paranormal shit... I was like "whaaaaaaaaaat f*ck this i am out". I literally left the 360 on and left the room, that was too much.

NotAPie

Jan 19, 2009
Oblivion, I was doing a quest where I had to get some great stone or something, one of the gates to the next room wouldn't open with a button and it was impossible to get passed that part.
I just said "Fuck this fucking glitchy game" word by word and turned it off.

PoliceBox63

Apr 7, 2010
Halo Wars. Got to the scarab level and just was sick of the RTS and have never touched it since.

xbeaker

Sep 11, 2007
Trials HD. I simply do not have the fine motor control to beat the higher level courses. I can't believe anyone does (and yet there are replays to prove it is possible!)

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
marter said:
Heavenly Sword. I made it to the final boss, and I couldn't beat it in the 10 minutes I had before I had to leave the house. This was months ago now, and I've yet to get back to playing it.
do that, trust me is worth it.

I gave up on Brutal Legends, just because it was not what I expected, I migth go back some day

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
TOGSolid said:
Oblivion. I got near the end and when the game told me I had to go raid a ton of identical Oblivion Gates I just gave up and never finished it. I don't take kindly to being given horribly repetitive crap to do in a game when it's pretty obviously that it's being done just to pad the game out. Coincidently, I only ever looted a couple of the game's optional dungeons due to finding out that they're all essentially copy/pasted crap. Ugh, that game was such a joke.
Yeah...you don't actually have to do those, I didn't bother.

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
Spartan Total Warrior, fighting Ares at the end was nigh impossible, especially with him spawning cursed Roman Ninja Arcani.

Also Fallout 3, but that was my 360s fault, not the game. I hit a red ring of death and once I got my console back a couple of months later I just didn't go back to it. Dunno if that really counts, but was damn annoying at the time.

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
I do remember the game saying I had to go close 4 or 5 different gates as part of the main quest.

Dok Zombie

Apr 24, 2008
Resi bastard 5.

Got all the way to the volcano and had to replay some levels to stock up on ammo to fight Wesker. The discovered I would have to replay the whole final chapter to get back to where I was.

FUCK THAT.

Traded it in for Dragon Age: Origins and never looked back.

(RE5 was the most disappointed I've been with a game in years).

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
I think I'm going to have to give up on the latest Prince of Persia. I like the platforming and combat just fine, but having to go over and over each damn place for those fucking light seeds is just irritating me to no end. It's kinda sad, since I really, really wanted to like it.
Ah well.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
The Elder Wyrm in FF12 made me stop play, any boss that can inflict every status aliment in the game on your entire party plus deal a ton of damage isn't even worth trying to beat.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
Two Worlds. Now usually I play games to the end because i always like to see them through no matter how bad they are. However if you have ever played this game you will know that the whole game is just a big piece of turd. The thing that put me off it the most was the dreadful speaking in the game.

Methinks thou shall understand, forsouth thy m'lady. Aye! Aye! Aye!

[small]BRAIN IMPLODES[/small]