Games you have given up on and why?

Niracas

Dec 3, 2009
The Eggplant said:
I have this curious feeling I made a thread JUST BLOODY LIKE THIS a few days ago...*ahem*. Not that it matters. Except that I'm pretty sure you've gotten more responses than me, you cad.
Oh god, my bad. Guess you can just start calling me the Thread Stealer.. guy. Or something. Kinda just got inspiration to write this when I failed so hard in my game.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Niracas said:
mexicola said:
DMC4 I just got to that part where you fight that giant-god-whatever guy and after dying maybe twice I just thought to myself I'm not even having fun why do I keep playing this? So I just closed the game and never got back to it.
Do you mean that giant statue boss? That you have to run up his arm or some crap? Cause I know how you feel about it if im thinking right.
Yeah you run up his arms destroying some gems while fighting his henchmen and him shooting lasers from his eyes or what not. I said screw this, I'm out of here.

Niracas

Dec 3, 2009
mexicola said:
Niracas said:
mexicola said:
DMC4 I just got to that part where you fight that giant-god-whatever guy and after dying maybe twice I just thought to myself I'm not even having fun why do I keep playing this? So I just closed the game and never got back to it.
Do you mean that giant statue boss? That you have to run up his arm or some crap? Cause I know how you feel about it if im thinking right.
Yeah you run up his arms destroying some gems while fighting his henchmen and him shooting lasers from his eyes or what not. I said screw this, I'm out of here.
If I remember right the last boss was even more annoying than that, so you got out at a good time.

The Eggplant

May 4, 2010
Niracas said:
The Eggplant said:
I have this curious feeling I made a thread JUST BLOODY LIKE THIS a few days ago...*ahem*. Not that it matters. Except that I'm pretty sure you've gotten more responses than me, you cad.
Oh god, my bad. Guess you can just start calling me the Thread Stealer.. guy. Or something. Kinda just got inspiration to write this when I failed so hard in my game.
Bahaha, no problem...if I were actually to be offended by this, I think I'd have to get myself examined. Plus it gave me another chance to rant about KH:CoM, so I don't mind ^^

Niracas

Dec 3, 2009
The Eggplant said:
Niracas said:
The Eggplant said:
Bahaha, no problem...if I were actually to be offended by this, I think I'd have to get myself examined. Plus it gave me another chance to rant about KH:CoM, so I don't mind ^^
Yeah, but theres not enough space on the internet to rant about how bad that game was (Including the PS2 version). Well in my opinion there isnt.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
GTA San Andreas and Vice City. Vice City was scratched up so I decided to try San Andreas. Then I got to the part with the remote controlled plane and I got so angry I scratched that disk.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Niracas said:
mexicola said:
Niracas said:
mexicola said:
If I remember right the last boss was even more annoying than that, so you got out at a good time.
It's not just the difficulty that made me quite. I finished DMC3, which a lot of people hold for a more challenging sequel of the series, even on higher difficulties but here I just got fed up at that point. It could be just a culmination of a lot of other factors (like recycling of levels) but whatever, I might go back to it one day if I get a yearning who knows.

Limzz

Apr 16, 2010
Assassin's Creed bored me to death after 3 assassinations. Perfect Dark Zero bored me to death after 2 missions. Resistance 2 bored me to death after 1 mission. I chose to return Dragon Age instead of finishing it.

mushupork3mpire

Apr 14, 2010
Fallout 3 - perhaps if walking 5 minutes across the ruin of DC without getting my knob bitten off by a mutant crab-man-thing or being incinerated by something 4 times the size of me in every proportion then i wouldnt have walked away. Though how glad am i that i did, because afterwards i picked up Mass Effect, completed it in ten days and it now holds the number eight spot on my top 20 games of all time list.

So in a way, i'm kinda glad that Fallout 3 was crap on chips because i would never have discovered Mass Effect had it not been.

Niracas

Dec 3, 2009
mexicola said:
Niracas said:
mexicola said:
Niracas said:
mexicola said:
It's not just the difficulty that made me quite. I finished DMC3, which a lot of people hold for a more challenging sequel of the series, even on higher difficulties but here I just got fed up at that point. It could be just a culmination of a lot of other factors (like recycling of levels) but whatever, I might go back to it one day if I get a yearning who knows.
Well it wasnt reall hard, just saying annoying. And I know how you feel, especially with the recycling of levels(And Bosses I believe?). I mean you fianlly werent stuck in a castle or some crap and could explore a whole continent(No im not counting DMC2 since.. I didnt like it) and what happens when you have to play as Dante? Go through the levels again. Beat that same boss. It was really annoying.. they could have made Dante go somewhere slightly different.

Limzz

Apr 16, 2010
mushupork3mpire said:
Fallout 3 - perhaps if walking 5 minutes across the ruin of DC without getting my knob bitten off by a mutant crab-man-thing or being incinerated by something 4 times the size of me in every proportion then i wouldnt have walked away. Though how glad am i that i did, because afterwards i picked up Mass Effect, completed it in ten days and it now holds the number eight spot on my top 20 games of all time list.

So in a way, i'm kinda glad that Fallout 3 was crap on chips because i would never have discovered Mass Effect had it not been.
Isn't your hate of Fallout 3 based more on lack of skill than the quality of the game? Interestingly enough I just made a thread describing how the game was too easy.

Niracas

Dec 3, 2009
Limzz said:
mushupork3mpire said:

Isn't your hate of Fallout 3 based more on lack of skill than the quality of the game? Interestingly enough I just made a thread describing how the game was too easy.
I didnt really find Fallout 3 that hard either, minus the Deathclaws on the higher difficulties (Can you say "One shot kill"?). I never ran into the crab guys(Murk-something or others) until going near water, which I avoided due to radioactivity anyway. And I assume the incinerating was done by the Behemoths or whatever?

And yeah, I know this isnt you saying it Limzz, just too lazy to find the original post.. or fix this one.

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
Jak 2, stupid amount of difficulty.For the obsessed story jocks only

Mercenaries 2, dunno.

Art of Theft, stuck at the part where you first mash buttons.

mushupork3mpire

Apr 14, 2010
Limzz said:
mushupork3mpire said:

Perhaps. Though i thought it could have had something to do with me putting all the points into heavy weapons, stealing and stealth; and the fact that the stealth never worked and the only heavy weapon i ever used was a miniature nuke launcher (probably a one hit kill anyway).

if it is down to my lack of skill then yes i'll admit that, but the fact of the matter is Mass Effect is so much better than fallout, which is why Mass Effect is in my top 20 list and fallout 3 is somewhere near the bottom, brushing shoulders with 50 Cent : Blood on the sand.

NiceGurl_14

Aug 14, 2008
NoblePhilistineFox said:
ff7,
not because It pissed me off though.
I wanted to get the mega-materia without the old man and while trying to expfarm for the last few I got bored and walked away, I dont think I can play it again because I wouldnt want to go on without the mega materia.
also, ff9,
REALLY, hate that game, it is NOT a final fantasy.
final fantasy stopped at 8 for me.
and galarians ash, as cool a concept the story was I am NOT willing to struggle with the gaming flaws just so I can see guys make-out.
against popular belief I dont swing that way.
I never finished this game either, I'm actually at Sephiroth but I get killed everytime. I'm on him in his final form and I'm one attack away from killing him and then he kills me with meteor. This happened like 9 times!

Limzz

Apr 16, 2010
mushupork3mpire said:
Limzz said:
mushupork3mpire said:

Perhaps. Though i thought it could have had something to do with me putting all the points into heavy weapons, stealing and stealth; and the fact that the stealth never worked and the only heavy weapon i ever used was a miniature nuke launcher (probably a one hit kill anyway).

if it is down to my lack of skill then yes i'll admit that, but the fact of the matter is Mass Effect is so much better than fallout, which is why Mass Effect is in my top 20 list and fallout 3 is somewhere near the bottom, brushing shoulders with 50 Cent : Blood on the sand.
Sorry. I didn't realize your top 20 list was what determined the quality of games for everyone...