Games You Haven't Got Around to Playing?

ultimatechance

Dec 24, 2008
There has to be games in that past that you've wanted to play, but just haven't got around to. Just wondering exactly what you Escapists haven't played yet, but still want to.

Starcraft is probably one of the most famous and timeless RTSs out there, and I've never even touched it, despite myself being a relatively avid gamer.

Also wanted to try out System Shock 2, as it is really hard to find a good horror game, and System Shock 2 seems to deliver from what Ive seen.

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
Please try System Shock 2. It is absolutely godlike.

The one I never got around to was Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. It always sounded attractive - good reviews, etc - but I just never tried it out.

Oh, and Planescape Torment. I've had it on my desk for about 6 months now.

C0RV4L0U5

Nov 6, 2008
Ive heard so much about crysis but i still havent even seen some game play. gota pick it up.

O and you really should play starcraft its a good game, and the cut scenes are almsot pure awesome

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
Every Single damn new game that has been released in the past couple of years.

I just got a next gen console and i didn't realise how much i missed out on.

wastedyouth89

Mar 9, 2009
I've been trying for years to get through both LoZ: OoT and LoZ: TP. I play an hour or two and stop for a couple of months. I honestly don't know if I will ever finish those.

ultimatechance

Dec 24, 2008
JC175 said:

The one I never got around to was Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. It always sounded attractive - good reviews, etc - but I just never tried it out.

Fucking, convinced me good. That song is absolutely amazing, and has me scared simply listening to it.

Oh, and Butcher Bay is still quite good. I dont think it really stands up to the test of time as well as other games do, but its still very enjoyable to this date as a Stealth FPS.

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
ultimatechance said:
JC175 said:

Fucking, convinced me good. That song is absolutely amazing, and has me scared simply listening to it.

Oh, and Butcher Bay is still quite good. I dont think it really stands up to the test of time as well as other games do, but its still very enjoyable to this date as a Stealth FPS.
Hehe, a bit of shameless self promotion, but if you enjoyed that clip then check this out:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.110947

ultimatechance

Dec 24, 2008
JC175 said:
ultimatechance said:
JC175 said:

Hehe, a bit of shameless self promotion, but if you enjoyed that clip then check this out:

lol, thats where i got it from, im the youtube user you responded to.

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
ultimatechance said:
JC175 said:
ultimatechance said:
JC175 said:

lol, thats where i got it from, im the youtube user you responded to.
Hah, true. Good times.

But seriously, go and play System Shock 2. It's one of my favourite games. Find it somwhere, its all over the interwebs, or you could buy it. But just get it from somewhere, and revel in its mastery.

AtticusSP

Apr 6, 2009
Most Western RPGs.
I know the stories are usually better, but the combat is always such a turn off for me.
I can only handle Bethesda RPGs, and only with heavy modding to smooth out those glitch boxes Bethesda throws together. Excluding Morrowind. Better with mods, good without them anyway. I wish those people trying to remake Morrowind with Oblivions engine could pull it off.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
I have Yakuza, dark cloud and Shadow of collosus which I haven't played yet.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
D_987 said:
Never got around to playing Shadow of the Colossus.
Have you actually bought it though?
I've got a copy that doesn't work, i've tried all avenues to get it fixed, so this week when I have a few days off I'm phoning up Sony and trying to exchange it.... worth a try.

If I chat to a female worker I normally get my way over the phone, so fingers crossed, if it works I'll send it to you after if you like.

Magus44

Aug 26, 2008
AtticusSP said:
Most Western RPGs.
I know the stories are usually better, but the combat is always such a turn off for me.
I can only handle Bethesda RPGs, and only with heavy modding to smooth out those glitch boxes Bethesda throws together.
Seconded, So glad I got it on computer, Haven't run Vanilla in years.
As for the topic, Crysis is one of them, But then I haven't had the computer for it.
I had fully intended to buy Empire total war and Dawn of War 2 when they came out about a month ago. But I still haven't, due to me not having upgrade money. Stupid unforseen expenses
Also The most recent Zelda on wii and Wind Waker on GC. Haven't had the hardware.
We need to organize a day where people go out and buy games that they haven't played. Some sort of community thing. Just a silly idea.

elitecrewer

Apr 22, 2009
OP: Play System Shock 2 and Starcraft! Two of the best games I've ever played.

Need to play Planescape: Torment. I also haven't even opened X3: Reunion.

kokirisoldier

Apr 15, 2008
A list. I own them all just don't have enough time to play them.

:(

Mass effect
COD WaW (the single player campaign)
Far Cry 2
Gears of war 2
Left4 Dead

I need to try System shock 2 as well. Maybe the thief series too.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
I need to get Deus Ex off Steam. That's been on my "need to play" list for quite some time.

I also need to play Planescape: Torment, but since Home of the Underdogs went under, I can't find a copy of it that'll work on XP.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Killzone 2. I've got it, but for various reasons I only played the first two levels (not because it's a bad game), and now my PS3 is bricked. I've also got Half-life 2 episode 2 and never played it as I wanted to finish the first two parts.

Games I've always wanted to play are:

World of Warcraft (to see what all the fuss is about)
Bioshock
Left 4 Dead
Steel Battalion (Xbox game with controller the size of a small canoe)
and any Final Fantasy game

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
JC175 said:

You can always get the more recent dark athena.