Games you just couldn't play/finish...

Eireronin

Oct 29, 2010
Resistance 2

A drab, brown, loose and overall piss poor follow up to a solid and fun, if overly safe, 1st person shooter. Everything that was good about Resistance, that solid real feeling weapons, the half decent execution of an over-used premise and the good voice acting was canned in favour of token characters and a shit use of an over-used premise.

gbemery

Jun 27, 2009
Gears of War: Didn't like the controls and gameplay

CoD:BlackOps: Felt more like a movie than a game. Seriously I stopped after I had to take out a guard and instead of having a cut scene of me dragging the body they made me drag it along a predetermined path. I could move the joystick to the left and I would still go straight etc.

LA:Noire: I felt after i got to Vice that is it was just the same damn thing over and over just different title. So it felt dull and didn't feel like I was making any head way, and you could put who ever you wanted in jail as long as you had the sketchy evidence to do it.

Lord of the Rings: Conquest: Fucking rage quit that one. It was just horrible everything.

Lord of the Rings: The Third Age: Again another one I just couldn't sit through. It was too linear, the randomish (glowing eye told you when things were coming up but they were still random) combat, the lack luster story.

And one I almost didn't playthrough was:

DA2: seriously i got tired of searching the same 3 dungeons, having bodies explode into goo, my warrior falcon punch of a shield bash, and the random spawn ins, holy fuck the random enemy spawns.

Ailia

Nov 11, 2010
Oblivion. I played it for a few afternoons and on the fourth day couldn't even bring myself to start it up. Returned it and bought Arkham Asylum with the money, and I don't regret it.
Shoggoth2588 said:
Quest 64. I only played it as a youngster and really couldn't get into it. Luckily it was a rental.
I remember that game! I never beat it either, I got to the before-last boss with the total wrong elemental scheme so he was impossible. And I didn't feel like grinding to make up for it. But I liked the music.

Edit: Oh yeah, Half-life 2. The vehicle sections alone drove me up the wall but everything else felt so repetitive that it nailed it's own coffin shut. These days The Orange Box is only used for re-playing Portal or the occasional TF2 binge.

Servantes

Jul 12, 2010
more recently:

FF 13 forced movies...I mean cut scene's put me to sleep about 12 hours in.

Dragon Age 2 combat got really boring fighting in the same places in act 2.

Too Human dying to enemy's who explode every time you kill them as a result taking you with them.

older:

Mega Man 5, I keep dying on over and over and over....

Xorph

Aug 24, 2010
Prince of Persia, the crappy reboot one that didn't even have the same main character. Aside from the horrible combat and god awful acrobatics parts, during the first mini-boss fight i got glitched into a wall. Returned that the day after I got it and bought Mercs 2, which I absolutly loved.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
Just Cause 2. It's fun enough, the world is really big and looks great... I just don't care. I don't care about anything going on in that game. Tried twice to finish it. Failed both times.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Vagrant story - was loving it then my save got wiped 20 hours or so in and just couldnt be bothered to redo it.

Mario galaxy 2 - loved the first one really didnt have any fun with this one so after 7 hours or so I just stopped.

Baldurs gate 1 and 2 - the first one is just terrible so slow and ridiculous you have encountered a bear you died, yeah thanks. The second one ive tried multiple times but just cant get into it or care about the characters (yet) even though I can see there is a great game in there somewhere.

Neverwinter nights - played for ages got to powerful and the story wasnt enough to keep me going.

Halo:ce and 3 - got to the last warthog section on halo died never played campaign again, halo 3 I just found terrible.

Call of duty 4 and mw2 - hated story in 4 loved mp, disliked it all in mw2.

Grand theft auto + 3 + 4 - dont know why I keep buying them I just mess around with them for a bit having fun on a killing spree then try the missions find them incredibly boring ultimately fail one on first attempt and give up.

Burnout 3 - ridiculous cheap A.I racers with their rubber banding tactics had me (for the first time in years) shouting at the screen in frustration and if that happens I just take the game out and put it somewhere I will never see it again because if I carry on something will get broken.

Tomb raider angel of darkness - no explanation needed.

loads of others to but I usually do finish most of my games eventually even if it takes 10 years or so.

Narfo

May 26, 2009
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
-Stick figure animation
-Horrible voice acting
-Combat mechanics that *could* have worked, but didn't
-Oh god, the dog$%@# writing and story
I was only able to tolerate it up to (I think) the halfway point when I finally said "Good god, enough already!"

Lenin211

Apr 22, 2011
Dragon age Origins. I tried to defeat the zombies at Redcliffe dozens of times. At one point I closed the game and just said no.

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
Oblivion.

I could never drag myself through the main missions. It's go here, kill this, talk to him, rinse and repeat. It's wierd as I've completed Fallout 3 and Fallout NV and didn't have the problem, but something about Oblivion really bugged me.

I also completed all the other missions on it, but the main quest - I don't know if it was just something with me, but eurgh it was horrible.

Bioshock 2.

Simply because I could never be bothered. I was just bored and it appeared the whole game was just filler and couldn't interest me in the slightest.

Ilomilo as they never fixed the damn bugfor the DLC so I can't complete every level. VERY annoying. Why make a broken game, then not even make an attempt to fix it? The level freezes everytime I go into it.

And lastly Trials HD. Inferno 2 is the most annoying level ever. That one level makes me hate the game - which is a shame as I really enjoy the earlier, easier levels.

yanipheonu

Jan 27, 2010
Edited to better suit qeustion

I duno, I really disliked Resistance, just couldn't get into. IT was just so... it just didn't grab me in any way.

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
Dragon Age II...really close to the end but it has become SOOOOOO boring.

Oblivion...third time playing it, really really going to try and finish it this time before Skyrim launches.

Geo88

Nerdy Wordsmith
Jul 20, 2010
CroutonsOfDeath said:
-Command & Conquer 4: Because it was terribad. Biggest disappointment of 2010 for me, especially since I used it to break in my first new computer in 7 years.
This.

This. This. This.

I feel your pain, Croutons. I've been a crazy C&C fan since I was 7, and my best friend and I battled each other in Command & Conquer over our dial-up modems.

I even liked C&C 3. I thought EA did a pretty solid job of continuing to series, even if the game was a little buggy from time to time and it did take two minutes to save a game. I also thought Kane's Wrath did an amazing job of bringing RTS controls to a console. The gameplay was crazy smooth, and I loved the siege multiplayer game type both games had.

Then, C&C 4 came out. I don't know whose idea it was to get rid of tiered building and tech trees, but I hope they got fired. I hope they got fired a lot.

*sigh* I'll never forget the day I had to look up the Command & Conquer wiki to see how the series ended.

Oh, well.