Games you loved INSTANTLY.

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
Instantly after playing or after trailer.

I thought I'd hate Demon's Souls after watching trailers and gameplays but I decided to give it a fair chance since so many people were saying it was good. They were right. I instantly fell in love with it upon actually playing it despite the fact that my first playthrough had me so paranoid and neurotic that what now takes me not even 10 minutes took me over two hours to accomplish.

Actually that's probably why I liked it so much. I was genuinely terrified for my life. Nothing creates adrenaline like that.

Something I loved instantly from the trailer was the Ocarina of Time. Saw it. Demanded I get to go buy it. Bought it. Played it. Loved it.

the_bearpelt

Dec 26, 2009
.hack//G.U. Vol. 1, surprisingly. The game has a lot of faults, but I got wrapped into it really easily.
Picross 3D!
Chrono Trigger for the DS. I thought it was gonna be old and bad, y'know? But in like, less than an hour of gameplay I was like OMG AWESOME!
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for sure.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Half-Life 2: And the rest of the Half-Life games, come to think of it.

Call of Duty 4: Yes, Gaz, I agree; my fruit-killing skills are indeed remarkable.

Portal: Thirty seconds after you wake up, GLaDOS starts talking. 'Nuff said.

ShadowDude112

Mar 9, 2009
I liked inFamous, Arkham Asylum, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Team Fortress 2, Portal, The Street Fighter Series, and both L4D's. That's all I have at the moment.

Blimey

Nov 10, 2009
Oblivion. The instant a smashed a goblins face in with a giant hammer, I was in love with the game.

Jamie Doerschuck

Jun 6, 2010
Psychonauts! I was in love with that game from the second I played it. I was excited when I got to the ending, because it was a cliff hanger. I cried when I found out there wouldn't be a sequel.

Also I loved Spyro (The PS1 games were the best), and Crash. Again, I cried at the end of the Spyro series. And I was very displeased at how they handled the Crash Bandicoot series. The first few games were pretty good, and then they just made these weird obscure racing games.. And they tried to get back to the platforming element later, but the damage was already done.

DID YOU KNOW THERE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SYPRO: LEGEND OF THE DRAGON MOVIE?!?! IT GOT CANCELED. I WAS SO. MAD.

CriticalGriffin

Jan 18, 2010
Every game that I like.

... Well okay, Mother 3 took a little while to grow on me.
AND IT WAS WORTH EVERY SECOND ARAARARAAARGH CAPS-LOCK!!

nebtheslayer95

Nov 22, 2009
daemon37 said:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
EDIT:Just watching the intro makes me really nostalgic and happy.

seconded. i have played that game at least 100 times through.
Also, Fire Emblem for the gba