Games you loved INSTANTLY.

NaMorham

Apr 15, 2010
UFO: Enemy Unknown,
Portal,
X-Wing,
Thief II,
Half-Life

UFO in particular, had Wall of Voodoo's cover of Ring of Fire playing in the background as I started and then failed my first ground mission.

WorthlessSix

Feb 19, 2010
Maybe I was a little late to the boat but God of War. I went out and bought the first one for about seven bucks before the third came out and I was instantly hooked :)

Crystal Cuckoo

Jan 6, 2009
Call of Duty 4.

I initially had my doubts about the game, but after I finished the cargo mission my jaw dropped in awe. Such an awesome game.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
Starting in order from oldest to newest...

Halo(Hell yes!)

Fire Emblem(Probably one of my most played games, very fun and challenging.)

Knights of the Old Republic (GREATEST GAME EVAR!!!! No seriously, it was awesome. And also the second one, though slightly less awesome)

Battlefront(Both 1 and 2)

Republic Commando (It put badass into Star Wars. And it had Sev.)

and, last but certainly not least

Mass Effect 2 (It's one of my top 3 games of all time. Loved it as soon as I saw the first cutscene. What a way to start a game...)

Firetaffer

May 9, 2010
Unreal Tournament. First second. Loved it.

Oh and THIEF! Yes Thief! Tried out the demo, five hours later I was still playing it, eyes glued to the screen.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
GoldenSun 2, Starcraft, Ocarina of Time, Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 (just about everything by Bethesda so far), Chex Quest(lol) - Btw, if you know this game, then you're awesome.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
Doom, Final Fantasy 2 and 3, GoldenEye, Blood, Soldier of Fortune 2, Actraiser, Half-Life.

Mjolnir36

Jun 7, 2010
ALL GAMES FROM THESE COMPANIES:
Bioware,(Except dragon age)
Bungie
Valve
also Bayonetta, I mean have you seen that opening cutscene!

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
Half-Life 2, Fallout 3, and GTA 3 stand out as games that I loved from the moment they began.

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
Gears of War.

At first I was skeptical since my brother was the one to introduce it to me, but...

When I got to make my first chainsaw kill, it sealed the bond :D

Dapper Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Persona 3, Kingdom Hearts I and II, The World Ends With You, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Psychonauts, Brutal Legend, Devil May Cry 3, No More Heroes, Earthbound, Secret of Monkey Island, Mass Effect 2, Portal, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney all had insanely awesome openings and just kept on being awesome.
Gamegirl22 said:
Earthbound.
As soon as the title screen starts with 'what's your favorite food' and 'name the dog' I knew I was in for a treat.
I think I spent a full page gushing about how much fun you can have with the game's "enter name" screen in my review of Earthbound for my Game Design class final. On my profile, my favorite food was danger and my special attack was "PSI Batman".
The Spectator said:
Persona 4 definitely. When something like this happens in the start of the game:

.. then you can't help having a nerdgasm.
Thank you for reminding me just how much ass Persona 4 kicks. I feel inclined to respond with this:

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
i was instantly hooked to freespace from the intro cutscene

my vote for best intro ever goes to freespace