Games you never found another player of (or even heard of)

Vangaurd227

Jun 3, 2011
I have never heard anybody mention Stormrise before. Which is kind of a good thing seeing as it is one of the most boring console RTS's of all time.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
When I was in my younger and more stupid years, I used to buy lots of budget price PC games. One of them was London Racer. Also I used to be obsessed with Midtown Madness.

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
Andy of Comix Inc said:
Chameleon Twist 2. I ain't even heard of the first Chameleon Twist and ain't no-one I ever met played Chameleon Twist 2. It's a Sunsoft game for the N64 where you play as a chameleon named Dave, and your signature move is that you can extend your tongue to ridiculously long lengths and control its trajectory to eat enemies and solve puzzles. It's also super sticky so you can use it to attach to platforms. Oh, did I not mention it's a platformer? ...it's a platformer. It's ultra-janky (it came out before Super Mario 64 I believe so it falls into that mawkish realm of dodgy pre-Mario 64 3D platformers), but man, as a kid I loved the game. One of the bosses was a giant cheeseburger. A giant cheeseburger! And his health bar is the fillings, and you knock them out and huge slices of cheese spin around the level like ninja stars! ...such surplus of imagination.
I played Chameleon Twist way back in the day, it was surprisingly good.

Mar 5, 2011
Dead_Man said:
Custom Robo for the Gamecube. Friggin' loved that game, and everyone looked at me like I was crazy whenever I mentioned it.
I loved custom robo! I beat it twice and played at least 50 hour of the multiplayer with my brothers.

OT: I have never seen anyone mention Board Game Top Shop on the PSX and Genesis. It was a cool game where each player ran around a mall opening stores and stealing money from each other.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Chasm. It was essentially Quake with a different coat of paint.

I remember my first PC controller ever (a Gravis gamepad) coming complete with a CD crammed with Apogee Software demos. There's so much in there few people seem to remember, it's fairly crazy. Bio Menace, anyone? The first ever Duke Nukem? Raptor: Call of the Shadows?

My personal unknown gem has to be Supreme Warrior. A martial arts FMV game with shitty controls, awful visuals and a hilarious and optional Cantonese dub. :)

<youtube=1GodBofKAYQ>

I played this to bits as a kid. I could recite Fang Tu's lines from memory.

Jun 13, 2009
Mad Dash:

Please, for the love of god, let there be another player of this somewhere. I swear I'm the only person ever to have owned or played this game, and since I can no longer play it (Sold my Xbox) I'm beginning to doubt its very existence.

A fantastically fun game that, somehow, has not even been played by a member of the Escapist community as far as I can tell from 3 years on here..

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FS_ODkEGq4

This game for the PS2. I've only recently relearned of its name because I thought about it one day and typed in PS2 hoverboard game. I don't think I even made it past the second level. I was just mostly flying and grinding around. And can someone tell me how to emb videos? I forgot to and can't figure it out.

Professor James

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2010
The Maddest March Hare said:
Mad Dash:

Please, for the love of god, let there be another player of this somewhere. I swear I'm the only person ever to have owned or played this game, and since I can no longer play it (Sold my Xbox) I'm beginning to doubt its very existence.

A fantastically fun game that, somehow, has not even been played by a member of the Escapist community as far as I can tell from 3 years on here..
I've played it! I barely remembered it though and I sold it a long time ago along with my Xbox.

OT: I also remembered a fantasy turnbased game on the xbox. Does anyone remember know its name?

Tyelcapilu

Mar 19, 2011
I've only found one person who knows about the 1998 PC Battlezone, which is my #1 favourite game to ever exist.
Nobody I know has ever even heard of Might and Magic, except for the Heroes subseries. I used to play MM6 back when 3DO wasn't dead.

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
Battledrome from 1995 - I don't know anyone else who played this.
Awesome music too for its age considering all other games at the time on the PC used FM MIDI

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
Battle engine Aquilla on the original xbox, such a fun game but the orginal xbox was never popular with anyone I knew so only me and my neighbour played it. It didn't stand out enough either to become an internet forum cult classic.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
darkdoom227 said:
On-topic: I have another game. Torin's Passage. I remember loving it as a child, and I just recently picked it up from GoG, and still love it. Anyone else played that one before?
Played that ages ago. I loved the humor in it. The only thing i disliked was the puzzle based on "music" thank heavens did the subtitle make it a lot easier.

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
Very few of my friends had heard of the ShadowHearts series before they met me.

My roommate walked in on me playing Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga and just looked dumbfounded. He'd never heard of it and assumed it was some xbox classic I grabbed off of xbla. I told him I'd just bought it a couple months before soon after it released on the 360 and he just looked confused. lol

Coyote Blue

Mar 26, 2011
Two of them actually.

Pegasus and Zombie Dinos from Planet Zeltoid, both CD-is.

I found someone who emulated the second and made a small video, but I remember playing this game for hours as a little kid.