Games you never found another player of (or even heard of)

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Quintessence, the freeware story/RPG (It's not really much of an RPG) by the creator of To The Moon. It's fantastic if you're patient with it and don't expect a game, it's not super rare but I've never met someone else whose played it. Beautiful though

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
Superpower 2 : a tactical game with the sexyness of an excel spreadsheet that allow you to control any of the 190 officially recongnized country by the UN, giving you a replica of the real life army, economical and social system of that country.

Of course trying to get a military victory with Ginea if much much much harder that doing the same with the USA, specially if you turned it into a military dictatorship. And dont forget that there's nothing like sending one nuke over a random country, and watch the whole planet going into flammes because every other country with nukes will send them everywhere too.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Roofstone said:
Dog's life for playstation 2.

I've never met another person that is even aware of its existence, which is a shame. Cause it is the best game ever made!
I rented that once, got up to the last level, and glitched out the game by jumping over a fence that I wasnt supposed to, and I hadnt saved for 5 hours. I never did get around to finishing that :(

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Mike Singleton (RIP 2012) games, a lttle known UK dev from the 80's 8bit home computer era he was kinda the forefather of skyrim but with some war gaming elements, Sadly due to the Spectrum not been available in the US he isn't that well known today otherwise he would be up there with Peter Moleyneux.

Lords of Midnight (spectrum, iphone)
DoomDarks Revenge (speccy)
Midwinter (Amiga)
Mercenary (Amiga) not by him but of similar design.

Also NightShift (An Lucas Arts puzzle platformer on the 8/16bit computers, Amiga is the best version)
Great Escape (Spectrum)
The Land Before Time Forgot (Spectrum)
How to be a Complete Bastard and Rockstar Ate My Hamster (8bit toilet humour)

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Mike Singleton (RIP 2012) games, a lttle known UK dev from the 80's 8bit home computer era he was kinda the forefather of skyrim but with some war gaming elements, Sadly due to the Spectrum not been available in the US he isn't that well known today otherwise he would be up there with Peter Moleyneux.

Lords of the Midnight (spectrum, iphone)
DoomDarks Revenge (speccy)
Midwinter (Amiga)
Mercenary (Amiga) not by him but of similar design.

Also NightShift (An Lucas Arts puzzle platformer on the 8/16bit computers, Amiga is the best version)
Great Escape (Spectrum)
The Land Before Time Forgot (Spectrum)
How to be a Complete Bastard and Rockstar Ate My Hamster (8bit toilet humour)

DaKiller

Jan 15, 2011
I have four N64 games that fly under most people's radars:

Iggy's Reckin' Balls
Glover
Snowboard Kids 1/2
Chameleon Twist 1/2

I'm also a fan of the game Evil Genius for the pc, good title, like 5 bucks on steam; you will need to download some bug fixes on the internet: TRUST ME.

A Red Robot

Oct 26, 2011
Evolution Worlds and Custom Robo, both for Gamecube.

Evolution Worlds was a turn-based Japanese-y RPG, and I haven't played it in years, and I've never heard anyone talk about it ever. I was pretty young when I played it, and I usually rented it and only got to second dungeon most of the time. Eventually I bought it and got to the final dungeon, but never bothered to beat it for some reason. I'm pretty sure I still have it lying around somewhere, so I'll probably replay it eventually.

Custom Robo was one of my favorite Gamecube games that no one I know seems to remember. I rented it a lot when I was younger, but never bought it for some strange reason. I remember I used to make up my own themed sets for robos, like a "Freeze Tag" set using one of the faster Robos to just run around and freeze people. I really want to play it again now, but I can't find it online for a reasonable price...

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
Well, I've never met anyone who's heard of Psychonauts or Dreamfall, but they're cult classics on the net.

Off the top of my head, I've never heard anyone talk about Sheep Raider. It was an old Loony Tunes game with surprisingly creative puzzles for stealing from a flock of sheep. Need across a chasm? Create a giant slingshot between two trees. Trying to get around the Sheep dog? Tactically disarm land mines in an obvious disguise. Very humorous ideas for its time.

Andy of Comix Inc said:
Chameleon Twist 2. I ain't even heard of the first Chameleon Twist and ain't no-one I ever met played Chameleon Twist 2.
I'm suddenly overcome by nostalgia.. I played the heck out of that with my siblings, and remember thinking that the painfully simplistic bowling mini-game was awesome.

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
Yojoo said:
Lords of Magic for PC. It's an RPG/RTS hybrid with a turn-based movement and economy system that switches to a real-time tactical battlefield when combat is initiated. There were eight different "faiths" you could play as, like order, chaos, life, and death, which gave the game a lot of replay-ability.

The only people I know who actually played it were my brother and I.
I've heard of it!

For me, it's Bully - I know everyones heard of it but I swear no one's ever played it... unfortunately

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Mr. Purple said:
<color=purple>

<color=purple>

The second game is for Playstation. Tai Fu: Wrath of the Tiger. Maybe its not as good as I remember cause I havent had the chance to replay this one. But I still revere it in the back of my head. I remember many hours of thoroughly enjoying the life of that tiger. I just wanted to go all Jackie Chan Adventures on some less than friendly animals.
Thank you so much! As I was reading all the posts here I immediately thought of this game but I just couldn't remember its name at all. I bet it aged terribly now but dammit did it feel beyond badass to play as kung fu master that happens to be a freaking tiger back then.

I'm not sure how popular it was, but I only know about one person who has played Act of War, a pretty darn fun RTS alternative to the Command and Conquer games (it even had those classic FMV cutscenes)

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
CoffeeJack said:
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project. It was a side-scrolling 3D shooter in which you blasted aliens and did other things that I will not mention here due to the wishes of the Vatican.
I have that one (thanks to GOG).

MasterNano said:
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush Rescue.
It's not that obscure, but I've never heard it mentioned in web-videos, and in my opinion, it's one of the best games made for kids ever!
Didn't know there was a second one, but the first was great.

OT:
Never ran into anyone randomly who has heard of NecroVisioN. The game was rather clunky and the AI weren't that great, but it was really fun. I'm sure I could find people on the Steam forum for it that have heard of it. Same goes for Iron Grip: Warlord.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Space Colony for me, I've literally only just remembered the name of it myself though I recall enjoying it thoroughly when I was younger.

It's essentially what you could imagine you'd see if The Sims and the RTS Genre got together and made babies.

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
Lego Island games, never heard anyone mention them.
Sea Dogs 1, although I've heard people talk of the sequel which was named Pirates of the Caribbean, and was by Bethesda.
Theme Park World, although it crashed if I tried to load any level other than the first world.