Games you regret buying

OaKleIgHy

Nov 10, 2009
Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition...I think just cause I am beyond noob at it and I'm not really into sports/mythical board games. It was just on steam sale and I thought I'd try something new....

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
dogsbane said:
archvile93 said:
dogsbane said:
archvile93 said:
JoJoDeathunter said:
Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (for DS), I bought it knowing nothing about the series, I just couldn't stand the combat, the camera angles or the saving system.
JoJoDeathunter said:
archvile93 said:
Bioshock, it was not worth $5.
You're trolling, right? RIGHT???
No, it was just shit. I've already explained many times before.
well you may not like it but don't just outright claim it's shit . it happens to be my favorite game of all time. I think it has alot of substance great gameplay and intriguing plot and amazing atmosphere you are welcome to not like it but if I might ask why?
Bad hit detection (crossbow bolts should not go through skulls without doing any damage at all), poor level design that's easier to get lost in then the water temple, the latter of which didn't confuse me at all. Useless plasmids that are mere gimmicks, having the stopping power of an airsoft gun yet still requiring obscene levels of eve to use. They don't even distract enemies efficiently. You'd think being on fire or swarmed with angry bees would be distracting, but no they're perfectly content to keep that hail of bullets from their plasmids that gives them infinite ammo that only they can get on you. Enemies that can take more small arms fire than an M1 tank shielded by 3 foot thick solid titanium, while you can't take more than three bullets before going down even with the best health and armor upgrades. The ending was undeniably bad, defending that little moron from waves and waves of super armored splicers was in no way fun, and why couldn't I just carry the little idiot the entire way than defend her as she wastes time, and why didn't she have the uncontrolable need to extract adam from the other bodies I created while she wasted time with the first one. By the way, I did not make this decision based on three minutes of play, so don't even try to say I'm uniformed. I played through it twice because despite the boredom and frustration I kept playing because I was conviced I was just missing the perfection in there since everyone and their dog claimed it was the greatest thing ever and was greater than god himself with its almighty perfect flawlessness, and made every game that ever existed or will exist obsolete since it was better than every other game, movie, novel, play, television show, and microwave oven in every way.
well I agree that the crossbow was a bit glitchy . and protecting the little sister was not my favorite part of the game. confusing level design well I don't really see how it was confusing I never got lost or anything like that so I really don't understand how you found it so. at least for me it was emmersive and really made you feel like you were in a city .I liked the explorable world it was interesting and it really helped explain what happened in rapture. of course they not all of the plasmids were great but they were expensive because if plasmids and gene tonics were cheap then the game would have been way to easy. I don't know what happened with you but for me the insect swarm one distracted enemies just fine electric bolt ,inferno,hypnotize big daddy,winter blast,electro bolt were all good plasmids oh and enrage. the writing was amazing for the game better than any other I have played. if you had payed attention you would have realized that only certain bodies had adam in them and none of the ones who were after adam had it hence the ones you made were not filled with adam. the reason you couldn't just carry her was because the whole idea of that part of the game was that you had to act like a big daddy and that means being nothing more than a protector and not a guide if you had just carried her she wouldn't have followed and opened doors. again not saying you have to like the game that's your choice just saying that most of your qualms don't really hold up I will give you the
That's just it though, plasmids were not useful. My experiences with them.
Electrobolt: It's fine for the solitary splicer, but that loses it's effectivness later when breaking cover to beat him to death will get you killed by his eight hyper armored machinegun buddies before you can say wrench damage bonus, and they'll usually survive a stunned wrench hit anyway. Still useful when they enter water, but that's a highly situational use at best.

Winter blast: Same problems as electrobolt, but without the ability to insta kill in water. You also can't harm them when frozen, just beatdown their...I guess I'll just call it the shatter meter, which you never empty before they thaw. Again, it's only useful when only facing one splicer to make a quick getaway except there's always more than one.

Inferno: Even at level three it did a negligible amount of damage and failed to distract the victim even briefly, making it worthless. Insect swarm had the same problem. I couldn't even tell what the difference between them was actually other than the pallette swapped appearence.

Hyponotize Big Daddy: I was never in an area long enough to let those things respawn after I killed them. The game was pretty linear once you get your bearings straight so there isn't much to explore.

Enrage: Causes them to attack the first thing they see right? Well those bastards love turning in the directiong they were hit from so take a guess what the first thing they tended to see was.

Also, all splicers have adam. That's why they turned into ugly pyschopaths. It's even in the name. splice is a term used meaning the action of combining DNA.

Yes the writing and atmosphere were good but if that was the only thing I wanted in a game I'd just watch a movie. I'll always hold good gameplay above everything else in a game, and in that sense it was dull at best, and outright broken at worst. To be honest I really didn't pay much attention to the writing. I was too busy being frustrated by the gameplay, and suicidally rushing splicers in a rage to listen to Frank Asshat mocking me with how he was going to get away with his evil plot while somehow ignoring that I'm invincible.

Ilke

Mar 28, 2010
Rulers of Nations: Geopolitical Simulator 2

The game itself is alright, if not for the bugs, but I didn't enjoy it myself due to its incredibly complicated and frustrating gameplay. The difficulty was too much XP

Economic War

If you've never heard of it, it's okay.

Phoenix_XIII

May 15, 2011
Trinity Universe.

The game itself wasn't horrible, but the combat was dated, so were the graphics, and it just didn't entertain me.

Johnson294

May 8, 2011
Prince of Persia (2008), I technically got it as a gift, but terrible none the less, just awful. Terminator Salvation for a game I've rented, it's hands-down the worst game I've played in my life. And, for actually bought, Twisted Metal Black, I played it once, hated it, never played again, and FFXIII, I haven't played it yet despite buying it months ago so I kinda regret buying it, but I haven't played it, so I might actually even like it.

Scorekeeper

Mar 15, 2011
The Force Unleashed II. I played the demo and enjoyed it, especially the falling sequence. I bought the game to discover that the demo was the entire first level, that I could beat the game in a single sitting. Naturally, I traded it in shortly after beating it.

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
Uncharted 2

I agree with Yahtzee, he's a smug prick. Really put me off the game after every crappy one liners, and that's ignoring the crap controls.