Games you regret to have bought ?

Chiddles Niidles

Jan 7, 2011
Call of duty: modern s*** stain 2 - worst game i ever played over hiped and the multiplayer was full of hackers and unbalanced not to mention how bad i found the fricken single player
Dreamkiller - looked cool at first couldn't hold my attention for 15 minutes
Halo - outrageously overhyped
Halo 2 - EVEN MORE OVERHYPED PEICE OF BORING S***
Operation flashpoint: dragon rising - just no other word terrible
Left 4 dead 2 - im Australian i believe thats all i require as a reson
Resident evil 5 - no get lost windows live go die in a hole
Prototype - finished way to quickly no replay value was very average
Lead and gold-Gangs of the wild west - worst connections i have ever seen
Aliens vs. predator - it was soooooooooooooo terrible

there all my mistakes my other 101 games are fine.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Most of the time I look into what the reviews say 1st, but once or twice Ive just gone out and bought a game only to get burnt.
Most recent (and raw) example was DA2.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
Dragon Age: Origins

Reviews claimed it's an excellent game, Internet orgasmed just thinking about it, even Yahtzee recommended it, so I bought it at full price. What a letdown. What I love about the games (and RPG's in particular) is a good story. And DA:O has a terrible, terrible story. Completely generic to the point of every single plot twist being painfully predictable (Morrigan's Gambit at the end was an exception, but it wasn't exactly that brilliant anyway). Save from Zevran and Morrigan, the characters were boring (What's the deal with Alistair love? A God damn whiner with awfully bad jokes, who just happens to be a King's bastard. Gee, what a shocker... Also, Wynne is IMO the most boring companion in the history of RPG's). The world was dull and uninteresting (if you want to see a good game with racial conflicts - play the Witcher. They did it ten times better), HORRIBLE approve/disapprove system (thankfully BioWare took notes from Alpha Protocol, and fixed it in DA II), and finally very clunky combat system (then again, I played it on PS3, so maybe that's the reason. My friend, who played it on a PC didn't complain).

Actually, the only part of the game I genuinely liked was... The Fade. Finally something different, interesting concept with changing forms to pass the certain obstacles, and some actual development for your companions in it. Then it turned out, that most people hated it, and even created mods to skip it. I guess, I'm just that different.

I never planned to buy DA II, but I did, because so many people bitched, that they changed everything. And you know what? I liked it more. The story fell apart in the third act, reused locations sucked, so it's still far from perfect, but at least it was fun to play it.

I would've also said The Orange Box, because I didn't like HL2 at all, but that would be a lie, because I bought it for Portal anyway.

Also, Final Fantasy XIII - nuff said.

Mr.Wizard

Apr 22, 2010
World of Warcraft

Bought Wrath of the Lich King, spent 2 hours also downloading updates, also spent money on a month's membership and then never got out of the blood elves starting area. It's just one game that I have never been able to get into in any way what-so-ever. I usually at least finish the game for the story, even if I hate the gameplay.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
AwesomeNinjaPowers said:
Bayonetta ..... there are no words to explain how much I regreatted buying that piece of dross
I completelly agree. What an overblown piece of wanking fan-service. From the atrocious character design, to the overbearing music, and overblown sexualization of it all, the game was a piece of drok.

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
jedizero said:
I regret getting Starcraft 2.

I never intended to play the multiplayer that 'HARDCOAR', I wanted a fun little RTS that I could have fun on.

I got on with a few of my friends and played, and got curb stomped. I asked for tips, just friendly tips on how to get better.

I was told immediately that if I wanted to get good at the game online, I'd have to go and begin doing research on how to play the fucking game. I buy games to have fun, not to have a fucking lesson.

Nobody would sit down and let me discuss strategies. It was 'Go look them up or shut the fuck up and go away', and I couldn't even experiment or try to get my own strategies. I didn't have time to! By god if I hadn't already set up a zillion defenses and gotten an army that would make the stormtrooper platoons blush, I was crushed.
I do not believe you've played Starcraft 2, ever, because Custom Games would've taken up 90 % of your time. It takes up 90 % of EVERYONE'S time.

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
Mr.Wizard said:
World of Warcraft

Bought Wrath of the Lich King, spent 2 hours also downloading updates, also spent money on a month's membership and then never got out of the blood elves starting area. It's just one game that I have never been able to get into in any way what-so-ever. I usually at least finish the game for the story, even if I hate the gameplay.
You haven't played it if you haven't even gotten past the starting zone, that's like quitting at the tutorial, talk about low attention spans.

OT: I regretted buying Morrowind, clunky graphics, horrible combat, NOTHING TO DO.

epikAXE

Save the planet: It has beer!
Oct 26, 2009
Fairytale fights, Lost Planet 2.

Got 'em both on launch day, hated them both :/

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Gran Turismo 5. I'm sure that it's a very good game, but the idea is to have lots of unrestricted races with a few specialized and restricted ones, not the other way around. :p

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
Bioshock 2, because it wasn't a very good sequel.

Borderlands, because I have no friends.

WoW Cataclysm, not because it's bad. In fact it's the best expansion since TBC but I have no interest in hardcore raiding anymore.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Snotnarok said:
JWRosser said:
I returned MvC3 the day after I bought it. Got very bored, very quickly.

I also recall, a few years back, buying the Sonic Ultimate Collection on PS2 in hope of a fun-filled nostalgia trip. I completed the game in a matter of hours, unfulfilled, and returned it.

I also bought Bl'Ops on Steam. Mega waste....
The ultimate collection is both not on the PS2 and it's not possible to complete that collection in a matter of hours, besides the sheer number of games on the collection (the Ultimate/or Genesis Collection) Phantasy Star IV takes probably 2 days to beat alone, and Phantasy Star 2 is far longer. I'm confused are you talking about, Sonic Mega Collection?
Yes. Yes I am.
This is how little I cared about it.

legendp

Jul 9, 2010
that is a hard question because I have a lot of games and like most of them but games I regret playing are

Borderlands:
it was very repetitive, clunky gameplay, and the story built up but had no climax it just suddenly ended without explaining anything so it has a terrible story

assassins creed 1:
also very repetitive (not bad story, the second is much better)

left 4 dead: great game but has absolutely no story.

Civilization 4:
I thought it was like your age of empires RTS game but it turned out to be a boring turn based game. if I want that I will play chess wich I find much more exiting.

Minecraft:
Never really bought it but why would I use this when I could use cryengine 2 or 3, then you say "yeah but this is a game" no it's not there is absolutely no story, no objective, the entire game is just screwing around and only becomes more enjoyable with other people but that is because of the other people and not the game. I may be the only one that dislike's it and get flamed for it but that is just my opinion.

(I like and enjoy almost all game's, like all the halo's, COD4 and the rest following so far, all the battlefield game's, Mass effect 1 and 2, Dead space 1 and 2, crysis 1 1.5 and 2, NFS MW, Burnout revenge, Geometry wars 2, CAC 3 TW, BFME 2, the orange box, Portal 2, Mirrors edge, abes odessay, amnesia the dark decent, bioshock 1 and 2. as you can see there are very few game's I dislike).

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
Super Monkey Ball Adventure, i thought it was going to be awesome as the first Gamecube Monkey Ball, but i hated it, maybe it was because of the controls on the PSP or something odd, or perhaps the shift of genre that felt slightly like a sandbox, but whatever it was, it doesn't work well with Monkey Ball.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
The most recent one for me was the reboot of Turok. While I only paid $5 for a new copy (Gamestop couldn't get it to move) and the game itself is well worth that price, I picked up the PC version, which was terribly optimized. My PC is within the minimums, but the graphics options are barely expanded from the console version, and at absolute minimum settings -- which are pretty ridiculously high for a game from 2008 -- I still get around 20 FPS on average. The annoying part is that simply adding another step down on the resolution would fix my problem; 1024X768 is too much for my laptop, but it could probably swing 1024X600. Considering that most games still go down to 800X600, there's no excuse for a game this un-scalable. I know with a Turok game that I should expect a console port, but that doesn't mean it needs to be done badly; this was just embarrassing.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
haddaway234 said:
henritje said:
Call Of Duty 7
I thought it was awesome but felt disappointed by it being extremely short and STILL having the balls to charge me 60euro,s (although I really liked the set-up)
The multiplayer is supposed to be the main appeal.
I know but I mainly bought it for the SP like Yahtzee said:"a game should be able to stand on its SP alone"(I know it,s not 100% and he HATES MP games but you get the idea) don,t get me wrong the SP was good but too short to justify the price tag.