Games you regret to have bought ?

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Call Of Duty 7
I thought it was awesome but felt disappointed by it being extremely short and STILL having the balls to charge me 60euro,s (although I really liked the set-up)

haddaway234

Mar 19, 2010
henritje said:
Call Of Duty 7
I thought it was awesome but felt disappointed by it being extremely short and STILL having the balls to charge me 60euro,s (although I really liked the set-up)
The multiplayer is supposed to be the main appeal.

Paulrus_Keaton

Apr 23, 2009
Crazy Taxi (PC version)- Nostalgia did nothing to distract me from the horrible controls.

Bit.Trip series (PC version)- Barely play them.

Metal Slug Chronology- Impulse buy. Haven't touched it in months.

Bubsy 3D- Though it would be good for a laugh, hearing it was one of the worst games ever. Want some advice? NEVER play Bubsy 3D.

UmJammer Lammy- Impossible to beat due to antiqued controls and unforgiving timing.

The jewel case for Fear Effect 2- Don't... ask.

Mik0ri

Jul 21, 2010
Mass Effect: Oh, I love RPGs, and this is /the/ RPG these days, I bet I'll fall totally in love with it!
Blandest. Game. Ever.
I got it at Christmas with a couple other games, so needless to say I didn't give it much of a chance and just played them instead, but... it didn't look like I was missing much.

Slangeveld

Jun 1, 2010
Section 8, great call on that one btw.

Guild 2 Renaissance, thought it was a bugeless version of the original game with more contend. This was accurate. Too bad the extra contend makes the game terrible, absolutely terrible. Useless buildings added to the already cramped cities, useless new jobs that add nothing but rediculousness to the game, and castles where you can't live in. What-the-f.

Arcania - Gothic 4, I expected Gothic 4. I got Arcania. My mistake.

Darkstar One, The demo seemed very cool but closer look in the game itself proved to add nothing interesting at all.

Pariah, I picked it up again, because the demo was so cool and multiplayer was awesome. Turns out the MP part died like a month after release. Bleh.

The Witcher, Not because it's bad or anything but because I couldn't bring the commitment to go trough it. It's a titan of a game and I personally found the skill and combat system interesting, but I just didn't have the time nor interest to play it. Bought if for 30, is now available for much less than that.

Orange Box, Except portal it was full of great games that I wanted to like but just weren't for me... Feels bad to watch others have so much fun with it. I got it in a Valve pack on steam though, and Left4Dead 1 more than made up for it. :3

Crysis 2, Not a bad game qua FPS, but I liked Crysis because it was different. This game changed it all up. Single player especially made me rage. I hated it. Hated it so much. I didn't like Crysis 2 for its FPS play, I liked it because of its design, pacing, characters and prettiness. While Crysis 2 has the potential to look good, concrete just doesn't give that same feeling. Also seems to be a bit too 'fuzzy' on the bloom.

Dark Horizon, easily the most atmospheric space game I have ever played. Too bad it doesn't work. Just pisses me off seeing that beautiful DVD Cover, not being able to install it correctly, and if I do, Can't get past a certain level because it crashes.

Dragon Age 2, So I cancelled my pre-order.

Need for Speed Underground 2?(not sure), some racing game I played a demo off a while back with cool neon lights. I liked the demo a lot. Main game unfortunatly is some retarded mission running. I got it to race in good looking, neon lighted cars, not to hear some C-rate dialog every 20 minutes before I get to race in old wrecks for an hour (because they're so slow).

Call of Duty Blops, I regret buying it now because it no longer works and because the the sounds made my ears bleed. Single player was kinda nice, if not predictable and sometimes a bit too cute.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
ha. Someone else who didn't like Darwinia. I downloaded the demo on XBL and was just laughing uproariously with a friend of mine about how horrible it was and how they wanted 20 dollars for it.

Duke Machine

Aug 27, 2008
Lets see here...

Far Cry 2 - first area was fun, then got the second where they said do it all over again and i kinda figured screw this

Oblivion - Just couldn't get into it

Call of Duty: World at War - Nazi zombies was kinda fun but that was it

Cryostasis - started out pretty alright, but hit a game breaking bug right in the middle

Killzone 2 - story sucked and additionally realistic shooting is overrated

Demons Souls - Way too punishing for me

Fallout New Vegas - Identical in almost every respect to Fallout 3 yet somehow not as good

Chizniz

Aug 3, 2010
Force Unleashed 2 special edition. 70 fucking dollars for a 4 hour game with no new combat or gameplay elements except that you can now dual wield your sabers. Uh uh, totally unacceptable. It should have been DLC.

Skotavus

May 23, 2010
Bionic Commando remake.

The swinging mechanic was at least tolerable and fairly fun at times, but the environments were just so restrictive and filled with radiation (read: invisible walls) that it was never really fun.

Plus, the story is just retarded.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Silent Hill: Origins, this is what I get for being a huge fan of that series and ignore everything that people have been telling me, i.e. don't touch it.

COD 4, nothing in that game made me give a shit what was going on, I bored to death and I was glad when I finally beat the game. I tried the multiplayer but gave up since that the people in every match I was in were irritating the hell out of me.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Empire earth games and spore(thank god I found out about the protection thingy before I installed it).

Ciartan

Sep 13, 2009
Portal 2
Took me 5 hours to play through single player, and i only have one person to play the co-op with, and hes on the other side of the planet.

Mafia 2
It was shit.

Starcraft
I suck at it, and never bothered trying to get better.

Heroes of Newerth
It has ruined all other games for me, i cant stop playing this shit!!!

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
By FAR Avatar on the Wii. I saw my cousin play it on the XBox and it was awesome. I thought it would be just as good on my brand new Wii, because I could feel like I was a real Na'Vi. It was fucking horrible. ALL of the bosses were just gunships. The fighting sucked. The stealth parts sucked as well. You could only play as the navi. It was linear as hell. Like, there wasn't even a blocked path or anything. There was always just one straight path that you had to follow. Two weapons only. The bow and staff. The motion plus only let me use this useless little flying bug that could scout, but it only lasted for about 10 seconds and was an ass to control.

Then I picked up the PS3 version for my brand new PS3. Fucking brilliant. It was one of my favourite games. Great combat, story, you can play as Na'Vi or humans. (GO HUMANS) the multi player is good and you could fly a gunship. So much for the bosses now :) The only thing that was annoying was twos parts where you had to get a thing called a song. You ran around to three places, got the song and placed it around a tree. Oh yeah, and the game was a sandbox. I like boxes. And sand.