Games you should really enjoy, but don't.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
The Walking Dead. I played a bit of Episode 1, and really like it, but somehow I'm never in the mood to play it. I don't even know why, I just don't want to play it.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Zantos said:
I have a very strange relationship with Red Dead Redemption, in that I praise it to high heaven as a great game, but don't actually play it that often. I just get bored, go do something else, then don't really fancy playing it again for several months.
That's exactly what happened to me. I bought the Undead Nightmare as well, but I can't bring myself to playing more than 30 minutes before being really bored.

The same happened to me in 'GTA 4'. I guess I'm just not made for riding/driving looooong ways before starting a mission. Yeah, I'm a superficial quick-travel-person.

Also, it took ages for me to get invested in 'Fallout 3', but I finished the main story and the DLC in the end. I won't be bothering to play through a second time, though (loved the first two). Let's see how long it will take for me to finish 'New Vegas'...

schtingah

Jun 1, 2011
Has to be Guild Wars 2 for me.

Love the setting, love the armor designs, love the exploration aspect.

But the grind is long and the levelling bland, so i can't get into it.

JayDeth

Dec 18, 2009
Kingdom of Ama-llama-obama-lore (I think that's the name)

Love the style of game, the looks, the gameplay, the story, at least scant bit I've played through, the fact one of my favorite writers of all time had a hand in it (R.A. Salvatore)... I just can't get into it. At all. Might be because it feels like a poor man's The Elder Scrolls to me which isn't really fair because it's obvious a lot of good hard work went into it and the studio that made it went under so I feel even more obligated to play it... but I just can't.

What hurts it even more is that I've tried to play it on a couple separate occasions, restarting each time and seeing the beginning story bits all over again and there's only so many times I can do that. This reason alone almost kept me from playing Dragon Age. For various reasons I had to restart a couple times... and after the lame that was Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3's ending being a bigger bomb that game's, I'm kinda sorry I put all that effort into it now. :/

PanasonicYouth

Aug 26, 2010
Arkham City. I loved Arkham Asylum, but just feel the large sandbox setting detracts hugely from the game. Hit a snag early on where I just couldn't find where to go and gave up. Played about two/three hours total maybe.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
I should have really liked the God of War series. Greek mythology, lots of action, some platforming, basically a lot of elements that I like. I beat the first game, played half of the second and just stopped. I was just not enjoying it, not getting any fun out of it.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Half Life 2. I had everyone tell me how awesome it was only for it to turn out kinda...meh.

SonOfHax

Oct 18, 2010
Borderlands, both 1 and 2.

I see all the things people like. RPG elements, fun cast of characters, solid gameplay, cool art style, but it feels empty. All style and no substance. I just can't enjoy the game when I play it.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
Also, how did it ever make sense that gaining armor would lower your armor score?
The same way having a lower ThAC0 means you're more likely to hit.

Yes, AD&D rules are evil, but they are fair. Mercilessly, brutally fair.

That is until you beef up a magic class (or more likely, go against a beefed up wizard) and go "Well okay, everybody hide in the corner until all his contingencies and sequencers go off..."

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
putowtin said:
Quick answer which I've just been talking about in another thread:

Saint's Row 3
I love the first two Saint's Row games, but the third just annoyed the hell out of me,
here's why:
*Too silly
*If you're gonna kill off a character, kill off Pierce! No-one liked him!
*Too silly
*Random plot that jumps all over the place
*Too silly
I basically lost all interest when I finished a mission in which my headquarters was blown up and we had to evacuate, and after the mission everything was back to normal. Building was back, headquarters was back; nothing changed at all. Same with destroying the zombies; WHY ARE THEY STILL HERE.

Frustrated the hell out of me and made me lose all sense of acomplishment; why would I do this mission if it has no impact etc.

I liked the character customization though.

mohit9206

Oct 13, 2012
SKYRIM : this was my first elder scrolls game. this was supposed to be so awesome and so hyped up. but all it is just a list of boring fetch quests and dull characters thin story etc.huge world to explore but nothing worth exploring for

SAINTS ROW 3: i bought this game after reading many reviews stating how fun and over the top this game is.
but its not all that fun. its same boring repetitive mission to go kill a thousand guys at this place. story is very dull and lifeless.

MIRRORS EDGE : terrible story , repetitive gameplay and horrible combat make this a very non fun game to me

DYin01

Oct 18, 2008
felbot said:
demon souls, the settings, the difficulty, the armor sets, i like all these things and yet i dont like it.
That's interesting. I had a bit of a tough time getting into it's ''sequel'' Dark Souls myself but once I got into it, it wouldn't let me go. I'm actually still playing it. I must have sunk over a hundred hours into it, easily. Assuming Demon's Souls isn't too different from Dark Souls, it is a little tough to get a hang of the game since it doesn't really explain anything to you. The Wiki's on Dark Souls were a great help to me too.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The setting and gameplay should be interesting to me, but I never could play more than a few hours due to getting extremely bored.

Fiend Dragon

Apr 7, 2010
Torchlight 2.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the first game, and the genre has been my precious baby all my gaming life. I played the shit out of the first two Diablos, modestly enjoyed D3 for a short while, and have enjoyed many other clones and play-alikes.

But I can't stand Torchlight 2. I don't know exactly why, but whenever I am playing it I just want to be doing something else. It's so god-damn BORING. Everything feels very wispy and shallow and It feels like I am just clicking on pointless nothing on the screen for the 15 minutes I can stand it before I get frustratingly bored and go do something else.

I really want to enjoy it, but I just can't.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
mohit9206 said:
SKYRIM : this was my first elder scrolls game. this was supposed to be so awesome and so hyped up. but all it is just a list of boring fetch quests and dull characters thin story etc.huge world to explore but nothing worth exploring for

SAINTS ROW 3: i bought this game after reading many reviews stating how fun and over the top this game is.
but its not all that fun. its same boring repetitive mission to go kill a thousand guys at this place. story is very dull and lifeless.

MIRRORS EDGE : terrible story , repetitive gameplay and horrible combat make this a very non fun game to me
Perhaps you ought to read the OP, as well as the title again.

We were not asked about what popular games that we dislike. We were asked about games that we should like, but do not.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
- Skyrim
- Persona 3
- Saints Row 3
- Borderland(s)
- Witcher(s)
- Assassin's Creed(s)

Got all the makings for a fire, but they just can't ignite my mind.