Games you sincerely wished you could enjoy, but just couldn't get into them

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Eve Online. Such a fascinating concept, and reading about players forming conspiracies and stealing information from each other is always interesting.

Unfortunately, it isn't fun.

Blitzwarp

Jan 11, 2011
Half Life 2. I tried really hard because it's my Dad's favourite game and I wanted to talk to him about it, but I just couldn't get used to it.

iseko

Dec 4, 2008
Grand theft auto.
They try to create a world where you can do almost everything (gamewise: racing, shooter, mugging, ...). But they fail at everything!

CATB320

Jan 30, 2011
RatRace123 said:
Oblivion; in theory, it has tons of things I would like in a game.
I just find it so dull though, and it has a weird soullessness about it.

I'm hoping Skyrim fixes this, because I really do want to enjoy the series.
Exactly this.

Also, Bioshock. I guess I just get creeped out too easily.

Narclaw

Birchmen Supreme Overlord
Aug 29, 2010
I have several games I just couldn't get into, but the one that surpised me the most was Super Mario Galaxy. I just couldn't get into it as much as I did SM64 or even its inferior sequel Super mario Sunshine, which is a damn shame since I've always been fond of the Mario franchise. I haven't even played SMG2 yet.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
Minecraft. It would save me a lot of money each month to be hooked on one game (another thread says $104 a month is a lot to spend on games, I spend double that easily).

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Planescape Torment. People say it's an amazing RPG and such but I just find the setting to be uninteresting and I just really can't play 2D isometric games anymore. :(

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Dragon Age - Bioware I LOVE you, but Dragon Age just hates me :(
Morrowind - It's just a mess, I can't keep track of quests, I don't what I'm doing or where I am!
Deus Ex - Seriously? This is supossed to be like the holy grail of FPS gaming?
Killzone 2 - I just expected... more.

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
Defo mass effect. I want to be able to get into the story, but it takes far to long to get going when you only play games for about an hour at a time.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Red Dead Redemption.
I love most of the GTA's (Vice City and onward), and thought I would love this. But no game makes horse-riding fun, EVER. It was a gamekiller for me and just couldn't get far enough into the game to where it started being fun.

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
Mass Effect 2.
I wish I could have the mindblowing experience everyone says it is, but I can't, I don't enjoy the game.

Matthew Wilson

Apr 27, 2010
Fallout New Vegas

It's strange because I really loved F3 and NV was suppose to be that but better story and gameplay. However I tried to play it - even starting up new games 3 times - but everytime I just stopped, whether it's the overwhelming amount of stuff to do, the bugs or anything else I can't do it. I get to when you meet the Yes-Bot and everything just crashes around me, I can't remember if I'm on the story or not and I can't go on.

I really hope it gets better later but I need to get to later first.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Matthew Wilson said:
Fallout New Vegas

It's strange because I really loved F3 and NV was suppose to be that but better story and gameplay. However I tried to play it - even starting up new games 3 times - but everytime I just stopped, whether it's the overwhelming amount of stuff to do, the bugs or anything else I can't do it. I get to when you meet the Yes-Bot and everything just crashes around me, I can't remember if I'm on the story or not and I can't go on.
Strange. I've got a 35 and several 20's and beat it twice and the only "breaking" bug I found was during Boone's quest; and it even had a hotfix.

What was so broken about NV for some people?

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Nothing really comes to mind. If I can't enjoy a game, there's usually good reason behind it.I guess I sometimes wish I could like Monster Hunter, but that's just because all my friends love it so damn much.

Really, what I'd wish for isn't that I could enjoy Monster Hunter, but I WOULD wish for it to be a better game, and to be on PC or a major console instead of that uncomfortable mess that is the PSP.

Crumpster

Mar 6, 2011
AvauntVanguard said:
Strange. I've got a 35 and several 20's and beat it twice and the only "breaking" bug I found was during Boone's quest; and it even had a hotfix.

What was so broken about NV for some people?
The main questline bugged for me, had to spend hours looking for a console command that worked so I could reset quest NPC, which had gotten unresponsive while I was questing elsewhere.

Another thing was that NCR just randomly started shooting me no matter where I went, I was even at best standing with them. So had to resort to console commands again, since the opposite faction hated me of course.

I really want to love Starcraft, but I just can't for some reason, cant' even explain it.