Games you thought would be awesome...

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Final Fantasy XII.

It could have been better. Of course it would involve two very annoying characters dying off at the beginning of the game. *Coughvaanandpenelocough*

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Crimson King said:
I had high hopes for Black, it looked really neat and the commercial for it was funny but in the end it came out samey and bland. The variety of guns and enough explosions to give Michael Bay a stiffy were cool alright but the destruction of the in game environment was nowhere near what the advertisements and articles led me to believe.
I was more pissed off at the lack off online play.

MiserableOldGit

Apr 1, 2009
People need to lay off Spore lest they look even more stupid than they already do- Spore was the mother of all solitaire games, a broad, expansive, but ultimately casual game you can leave on in the background and come back to for ten minutes or so. Moaning about it is like going to the shop, buying a bag of candyfloss, then asking for your money back when it doesnt fill you up- you're a dickhead, plain and simple. Most people didnt even pay for the bloody thing anyway (Spore has the dubious honor of being one of the most pirated games ever).

"But I brought it expecting more because of the hype and expectation surrounding it" -well then, your a gullible dickhead then, arent you?

bigolbear

May 18, 2009
MiserableOldGit said:
People need to lay off Spore lest they look even more stupid than they already do- Spore was the mother of all solitaire games, a broad, expansive, but ultimately casual game you can leave on in the background and come back to for ten minutes or so. Moaning about it is like going to the shop, buying a bag of candyfloss, then asking for your money back when it doesnt fill you up- you're a dickhead, plain and simple.

"But I brought it expecting more because of the hype and expectation surrounding it" -well then, your a gullible dickhead then, arent you?
git me old mate - your wrong. now admit it and put the kettle on ;-)

MiserableOldGit

Apr 1, 2009
bigolbear said:
MiserableOldGit said:
People need to lay off Spore lest they look even more stupid than they already do- Spore was the mother of all solitaire games, a broad, expansive, but ultimately casual game you can leave on in the background and come back to for ten minutes or so. Moaning about it is like going to the shop, buying a bag of candyfloss, then asking for your money back when it doesnt fill you up- you're a dickhead, plain and simple.

Not only are you too fuckin lazy to put the kettle on yourself, your even so lazy that youd ask me via the internet WHEN WER'E IN THE SAME BLOODY HOUSE!!!
...tea or coffee then? Anyone else while I'm up?

bigolbear

May 18, 2009
tea plz..

now to keep this sorta on track.

To the people moaning about kotor and kotor 2.
plz go back and replay them if you didnt complete them, there great games.
if ya still cant work the plot out pm me and explain slowly.

Lycaeus_Wrex

Jan 19, 2009
masher said:
Oh...you know...Dark Sector...
REALLY?! I thought Dark Sector was awesome! You can turn invisible and gut people from behind, and then set your glaive on fire and make it freakin' explode in the middle of a group of bad guys! Granted, the story was non-existant and it gets called a poor man's Gears or War more than once but still...I thought it was quite fun, good enough to see through to the (admittedly crappy) ending.

Spore was such an almighty letdown. I knew they couldn't possibly fit all the elements that they said they would into that game but what they did put in felt very artificial and none of the 5(?) cycles of life felt natural or intuitive.

L. Wrex

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
Oblivion, and I'm not sure even now, but let me explain myself.

I got an Xbox in the end of 2008, but had been listening to things like 1UP Yours and reading Edge and GamesTM ever since it had been released. As a result, I was made to think that Oblivion was the second coming of the virtual Christ. Which, when I bought it in early 2009 I found out it wasn't.

The reason I was so disappointed about it was the incredible amount of hype I had built up for it over 3 years. Looking back, I'm sure that nothing could have filled it, but all I saw were its failings. This was a 3 year old game at the time that I played it, so it was already starting to look bad, but to me it seemed incredibly clunky - the combat seemed pretty unresponsive. But what was worse were the graphics. I was told that they were fantastic. And compared to a last gen game, they were. But at the time I had already played Fallout 3 and Assassin's Creed, and the graphics just weren't great.

But now I've come to enjoy it. Over time my hype has deflated, and I've come to realise that it is actually a good game, and I'm now really enjoying. I was just really disappointed in the first hour or two.

Jirlond

Jul 9, 2009
MiserableOldGit said:
bigolbear said:
MiserableOldGit said:

Not only are you too fuckin lazy to put the kettle on yourself, your even so lazy that youd ask me via the internet WHEN WER'E IN THE SAME BLOODY HOUSE!!!
...tea or coffee then? Anyone else while I'm up?
Ill take a coke!

Was spore really that bad - I was reading about super hyped games that dissapeared today and spore was in it.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Mass Effect, everyone I asked said it was an awesome game but it was just bland to me. The enemies were uninspired, the vehicle controlled like crap and the non-story planets were just dull looking.

TikiShades

May 6, 2009
I figured I'd revive this thread, since I searched. ;)

The game that disappointed me most was Oblivion. Hands down. It was something that I got into slightly, but I missed all of the stuff they had in Morrowind and took out. Where did my levitate and jump spells go? What happened to Cast When Used items? Why are there so many Constant Effect items?

And KotOR also wasn't something I could get into at first. The second time I tried it, I started to get into Star Wars. Go figure.

dennyaaa

Jul 31, 2009
Kingdom Hearts 2... the promise was a worthy sequeal to one of my favorite games... but a child stumbled in somewhere and made it all too easy and too cute looking. Not an overall bad game, but just too damm cute and easy :(

Dr. Wily III

Jul 27, 2009
Halo 3. Well atleast the multiplayer is quite good..

I really want to say Mirrors Edge but I still need to play the full game..

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Every game I buy of course, I wouldn't buy a game I didn't think was awesome. One of the biggest disappointments was Splinter Cell: Double Agent.