Games you thought you'd love but you turned out hating them.

ThePirateMan

Jul 15, 2009
Both Mass Effects.
Company of Heroes
Majesty 2
The Witcher
Bioshock
Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars 3 (I may have goten the name wrong there)
Spore

Nostalgia Ripoff

Sep 2, 2009
*prepares for bricks about to be thrown* Street Fighter 4 *pummeled*

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't stand the controls. I don't know how the rest of the world does it.

Either that or Scribblenauts.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
GTA4, which I actually never played until after I got RDR. Good god, that game has the worst driving I have ever played.

Also, Morrowind. Yes, there are more things to do in it than Oblivion, but I really must insist that Oblivion did just about everything better.

EDIT- Damn, forgot AvP3. I wanted to like this game so much, but I just couldn't. Rebellion can go die in a fire, and I'll go back to AvP2.

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
Limbo. Not technically a disk, but it still annoyed the hell out of me and caused me to rage which is very rare for me.
At first I did love the art style and the general feel, but by the end I was cursing the game to hell.

Mr. McFuzzers

Jun 7, 2010
StarCraft 2. I liked the single player but the multiplayer is just me being rushed by everyone I played against.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Dragon Age. Erm... Halo was ok until the library level that make me quit it for good. Mass Effect I can't even really play much. Oh, and TF2.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
Modern Warfare 2.

I was expecting greatness like CoD4. What do we get?

No dedicated servers
No mod support
Poorly programmed peer to peer where host selection is random
Stupidly short campaign, seriously I've played expansions that are longer
Overpriced map packs

What do we have? A new high selling set standard for all fps developers to mimic.

Thanks Modern Warfare 2 fanbase. You've fucked up FPS games.

I also thought I would enjoy Final Fantasy X. It's stupidly linear, with the most annoying voice actors ever, and a battle system that's so tedious to set up.

10zack986

Dec 5, 2009
I forgot inFAMOUS. People were raving about how it was better than prototype, but the combat was annoying as shit. Every enemy makes me rage.

Morrowind. I still have that shit installed, with tons of mods, but for the love of jesus I can't fucking get into it. Having an interesting lore/story is great and all, but the combat makes me want to vomit. Honestly, Morrowind + Oblivion combat = A game I would play.

Aisaku

Jul 9, 2010
To my regret, Planescape Torment. I just couldn't get past the jaggy combat system enough to push thru the Mortuary. Ended up reading the unofficial novelization (the original script turned into a book) and ended up loving it... as a story.

Silent Hill 2. I really tried to like it, but after the others, I got waay too impatient with the long stretches of going around in circles trying to find where the plot picks up.

Dragon Age Origins. It's not bad, but two things just killed it for me. One, that it matters very little who your character is to the larger scheme of things. And two, knowing that your character is doomed no matter what.

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
I had a sneaking suspicion I wouldn't like Final Fantasy XII by looking at footage of it being played but I convinced myself it would be great because I loved all the other Final Fantasies so much however after an hour of playing it I was ready to kill myself.

Safe in the Dark

What is a man?
Jun 5, 2010
VaudevillianVeteran said:
Limbo. Not technically a disk, but it still annoyed the hell out of me and caused me to rage which is very rare for me.
At first I did love the art style and the general feel, but by the end I was cursing the game to hell.
What was wrong with it? I have a friend who's considering getting it.

OT:Alien Vs. Predator 2000 on Steam, it was Five bucks...I now know why. I now know why. Alien was disorientating and confusing to play as, Predator seemed off and it was often unclear and I didn't want to play as the Marines...I'll just assume bland FPS.

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
Sorry to beat dead horse but, Modern Warfare 2.

I thought it was going to be the genre defining shooter. It had such promise. But promise turned to average feelings, those soon turned to apathy, apathy turned to despair, despair turned to rage-quitting.

I just can't play it anymore...

Legendsmith

Mar 9, 2010
Supreme Commander 2
Nothing in gaming has disappointed me more.

This man does a nice summary, even if he doesn't cover everything: