Games You Want a Sequel to

Xio Rheims

Jul 24, 2013
scorptatious said:
Metal Arms 2. Seriously, that ending was total sequel bait, Glitch's marking wasn't explained, the main villain is still alive, I would love for a sequel to that underrated gem.
If I remember correctly it was originally planned to be a trilogy of games. Its a shame they never continued, that game was amazing and I would have bought those so fast.

OT: I just recently finished Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, and maybe not a sequel necessarily since it ending was pretty conclusive, but a PREQUEL would be very welcome. The back story of what happened to Teotl and Toci and how they ended up where they did was kind of explained, but not in as much detail as a prequel would allow. It would be great to be able to play as Toci, since Tepeu would not even be able to be in the game and she seemed like a pretty strong character to me.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
MEGA MAN LEGENDS 3!!!!!......it's never gonna happen is it.

also

Alpha protocol 2
A proper sequel to Star Fox 64
Edit: Crimson Skies 2

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I wouldn't mind a Bully 2.

The first one is the only Rockstar game I had genuine fun playing.

Jack Joe Tip Toe

Jul 19, 2010
Freedom Fighters

Def Jam FFNY (and I don't count Icon as a sequel)

And most of all I want a sequel to The Movies. One of my favorite all-time games and top 3 PC games, But Activision doesn't think that it's worthy of a sequel. If a sequel if gets announced I will buy every one on The Escapist a cookie.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
As always in these threads, Geist.

I enjoyed it's ideas, but they weren't fully realized. I want more freedom in manipulating the environment as a ghost and less standard FPS sections.

Thatnorwegian

Oct 17, 2011
Dungeon Keeper - it had heart and humour, not many rts have that today
Homeworld - Hopefuly, the hd remake will sell enough copys to give gearbox a reason to do a sequel
A new forgotten realms game. Baldurs gate was great and the story ended on an epic note. But I would love to see another game set in the Underdark of the drow

Baron Tanks

Mar 3, 2013
Alan Wake, really enjoyed the original and managed to actually scare me a couple of times on the first playthrough. Love the twin-peaks esque vibe. Had good hopes at the Xbone announcement, but it turned out Remedy was working on a different IP. And seeing the speed at which they put out games, AW2 might be years away, if it's ever going to happen because it was a commercially so-and-so affair. Hell, they should just make it multi-platform and sell as many as they can :)

Alhazred

May 10, 2012
I think I can say with some certainty that there is no one alive who wouldn't appreciate a new Banjo-Kazooie game. It ain't gonna happen since Microsoft dissected Rare and stitched them back together into a mindless, brainless abomination that can only make souless Mii doppelgangers...

Good lord, I got a bit carried away there. Been watching too much JonTron.

e033x

Sep 13, 2010
Europa Universalis 3.

Already in development you say? Comes out in a few weeks you say? I want it NAO!

Offworlder_v1legacy

Ya Old Mate
May 3, 2009
More of a recent one, but Bulletstorm 2. Apparently it was in development for a while until Epic took People Can Fly off doing that and onto....Gears of War:Judgement....oh....

I absolutely loved Bulletstorm, so it's a bit of a personal gripe for me, but annoying to know that it could have been, but now probably never will, seeing the first game didn't sell as well as expected. Although it has been said that it may be created in the future, but from personal experience I know that it is just a kind way of saying "Nope, never gonna happen, but we'll say maybe to keep your hopes up". On top of that the game finished on a cliffhanger, a fairly interesting one at that, which makes it even worse. But I could be wrong...god I hope I'm wrong.

Noah Coultrip

Dec 30, 2010
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars...I'd like to see a form of sequel or follow up to that. Paper Mario and Superstar Saga do not count because they are nowhere near the same.

Also, totally second the Psychonauts 2, however Double Fine creator said it would be too expensive to make.

Also totally second Demon's Crest as needing a sequel...Firebrand was a killer and fun character to play.

Shuguard

Apr 19, 2012
Honestly deadly premonition. I need more York and Zach. Different case and settings etc. Just more York and Zach.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
I'd love a sequel to Halo Wars, hopefully with more missions, multiplayer maps and units. And hopefully the solution/defeat of the villain won't be so fucking pathetic.

I loved the first one even if it is a dumbed down RTS.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Another game set in the Red Dead universe would be great, even if it were just a prequel with you playing as John Marston before he severed ties with his gang. However, a sequel would have to be done right, and I'm not sure I want Rockstar possibly screwing up a world which I fell in love with.

There is also the little matter of a game series we have been promised a follow-up to for the last 7 years now...the name escapes me, but it had episodes...and a DOG...

Eduku

Sep 11, 2010
Freelancer, that game was fantastic. Good storyline, lots of ship customisation and a fun combat system. If a current gen sequel was made it could be incredible.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Oh boy it's one of these threads! *unfurls my list*

First and foremost: Teleroboxer! It's biggest flaw is the fact that it debuted on the Virtual Boy. Teleroboxer is basically a techno-punk all robot variation on the Punch*Out formula: Basically you're pitted against a bunch of other bots who attack with various styles and give themselves away with personal tells. It's tough as nails but so was Punch*Out and that game has a title on the Wii! 3DS would make for a great launch-pad for a new Teleroboxer.

Gargoyle's Quest/Demon's Crest! This was a series of Action-Platformers with RPG elements. Out of the three games, no two were on the same system (GQ on the Gameboy, GQ2 on the NES and, DC on the SNES). This was also a spin-off of the Ghouls N' Ghost games; putting you in the wings of Firebrand. It would be great to play another Quest/Crest game but it seems like Ultimate MvC3 is all the new-game Firebrand is going to enjoy this generation.

Otogi: Myth of Demons! You save souls in ancient Japan by fighting demons inspired by folk lore and breaking things. You break things either the old fashioned way (ie: using your weapons or magic) or the Toriyama way (ie: hitting enemies through those things). Otogi 3 could take place in Modern Day Japan! I want a game where I save the souls of the dead by knocking Tengu through Tokyo Tower dammit.

Colony Wars! I've only ever played the demo for the first game but my understanding is that it's a first-person, space-exploration based shooter. I want this and don't understand why it hasn't happened! A new colony wars could be something like EVE in that it could be a great MMO or, something more like Mass Effect without the sword-of-Damocles style plot.

The Outfoxies! I only just now saw some footage of this: it's basically Smash Bros without Nintendo characters and (if it was made today) it would be rated M since you're playing as one of many contract killers. This was a game exclusive to arcades and seemed to have released in the mid-90's. Like in Smash, the game features large levels with a lot of stuff to find and, interact with to help in your goal of murdering the other people you're fighting against. Characters include twin children, a nerd and, a chimp wearing a fancy hat.